Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you're having trouble with jasper chains you may want to consider sticking with LFR until you get more geared up. IMO, spirit kings are muhc easier than any of the other bosses, you don't even have to break the chains, I'd recommend just staying with the chained person the whole fight to be honest if you're having trouble, as I believe once he throws out 3 sets of chains, there won't be any more for the rest of the fight. The big thing to look out for it to determine if the other person you have chains with is ranged or melee, if it's ranged ranged, no need to break them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Nah, you are definitely talking to me.

Lets call it 3 mistakes, 1 submission and a complete fail to get any emotional reaction from me.

Better luck next time, kid.
    You still lose because you're fucking terrible and all your friends are retards.

WTB Infraction so I don't have to interact with you clueless mouth breathers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You still lose because you're fucking terrible and all your friends are retards.

WTB Infraction so I don't have to interact with you clueless mouth breathers.
    There was never a contest. I'm sorry you thought there was.

I'm also sorry for the way you've been treated in your life that means you think it's ok to be so hostile and antagonistic. I mean that sincerely. Please, take care of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sometimes when I put the fire in my mouth it makes my tongue go burny.

Let's add neon signs to everything warning that fire is make a hot burny on my tongue because I do not know what the fire make a hot when I do but when put it goes burn ((((

Pls halp.
    Don't quote me if your going to use me as an outlet for being a smartass. As my posts are only ever constructive in this forum, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use me to troll other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

There was never a contest. I'm sorry you thought there was.

I'm also sorry for the way you've been treated in your life that means you think it's ok to be so hostile and antagonistic. I mean that sincerely. Please, take care of yourself.
    Get that sand out of your vagina. This is the internet. Be a dick or kill yourself.

Infraction, please. Done with this shit forum lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    *They quit due to difficulty and came back for mop as they heard it wasn't as poorly designed.[COLOR="red"]

No, they don't. Normal people try stuff for a bit and when it's looking like a lot of work, drop it and go do something fun instead. This is why the raiding community has historically been such a small subset of wow players.
    Did the fight last night, we started playing three weeks after the release of MoP. We had a DPS who had just dinged 90 a few hours before but we had no one else. Granted all of us have raiding experience from TBC and WotLK, and most of us vanilla as well. We downed the fight in slightly over an hour. Most of us had half enchanted gear. Some of us had LFR gear. If you think Stone Guards are hard you probably never raided in TBC. The fight is easy, and really only requires communication between your tanks. Avoiding stuff on the floor isn't hard. The fight is fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Don't quote me if your going to use me as an outlet for being a smartass. As my posts are only ever constructive in this forum, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use me to troll other people.
    Holy butthurt batman.

Where's that infraction?!

Stone Guard is not complicated and doesn't need to be nerfed. It does have a bit of a steeper learning curve then many of the fights in Dragon Soul, but I like that. I like that each week is a new challenge, but they're easy to overcome.

People seem to be complaining about the chains, two things:

1) The chains were nerfed in 10 Man already, so if you can't do it from this reset onwards, you probably should accept you can't do the encounter.

2) The chains are Jasper Damage, so only spread when the Jasper Guardian is active. You'll take 90% less Jasper Damage and the chains will do nothing to you. Simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Did the fight last night, we started playing three weeks after the release of MoP. We had a DPS who had just dinged 90 a few hours before but we had no one else. Granted all of us have raiding experience from TBC and WotLK, and most of us vanilla as well. We downed the fight in slightly over an hour. Most of us had half enchanted gear. Some of us had LFR gear. If you think Stone Guards are hard you probably never raided in TBC. The fight is easy, and really only requires communication between your tanks. Avoiding stuff on the floor isn't hard.
    Why do none of the pro difficulty guys ever actually read the posts?

Fwiw i've raided since vanilla, I thought stoneguard was an ok fight in general for my guild - I was talking about how such fights will effect new and returning players, based on my experience trying to help some brand spanking new players to the lovely world of warcraft raiding scene.

Avoiding stuff on the floor while dpsing, learning new mechanics and having the excitement of your first raid IS quite hard. You've just probably been doing it week in week out for that long you've forgotten that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Stone Guard is not complicated and doesn't need to be nerfed. It does have a bit of a steeper learning curve then many of the fights in Dragon Soul, but I like that. I like that each week is a new challenge, but they're easy to overcome.

People seem to be complaining about the chains, two things:

1) The chains were nerfed in 10 Man already, so if you can't do it from this reset onwards, you probably should accept you can't do the encounter.

2) The chains are Jasper Damage, so only spread when the Jasper Guardian is active. You'll take 90% less Jasper Damage and the chains will do nothing to you. Simple.
    I agree completely. When my guild first stepped into MV 10 we wiped an assload on Stone Guards... Why? Because our tanks had become so conditioned to simply pulling mobs, facerolling their keyboards, and collecting loot. The extensiveness of their tanking came from fights that required them to taunt off each other every 30-45 seconds... PUH-LEASE.

The fight is a nice wakeup call, ONLY clear the Chains during a Jasper Petrification (Start hugging each other around 85-90 energy on Jasper Quillen - Once it overloads the petrification clears and you'll be taking the FULL damage of the chains, instead of 90% reduced!)
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Why do none of the pro difficulty guys ever actually read the posts?

Fwiw i've raided since vanilla, I thought stoneguard was an ok fight in general for my guild - I was talking about how such fights will effect new and returning players, based on my experience trying to help some brand spanking new players to the lovely world of warcraft raiding scene.

Avoiding stuff on the floor while dpsing, learning new mechanics and having the excitement of your first raid IS quite hard. You've just probably been doing it week in week out for that long you've forgotten that.
    Played since vanilla and can't dodge stuff on the floor or predict which of 4 attacks is being charged based on the 4 second wind-up animation.

Yep.

Deleted
    Played since vanilla and can't dodge stuff on the floor or predict which of 4 attacks is being charged based on the 4 second wind-up animation.

Yep.
    Yep.

And?

I played guitar for 25 years and still can't play like jimi hendrix. What's your point?

Yep.

And?

I played guitar for 25 years and still can't play like jimi hendrix. What's your point?
    Hendrix is overrated.

I guess you should try harder.

Wait did you compare playing the guitar with playing a rogue (4 button class) in WoW?

Hahahahahaha

Deleted
    Hendrix is overrated.

I guess you should try harder.
    I can only do what I can do. Theres no harm or shame in not being amazing, it's completely normal.
    Wait did you compare playing the guitar with playing a rogue (4 button class) in WoW?

Hahahahahaha
    No, I pointed out there are plenty of things I cannot do no matter how much time I spend on them or effort I put into them.

And I am fine with it.

The question is - why are you so in denial about how people really are?

Yep.

And?

point is playing like jimi hendrix is hard, dodging stuff is not.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    This man gets it.

@Injin: If you HONESTLY think dodging bad on the ground while pushing a (at max) 8 ability priority system (with a 1-1.5sec delay between them) is hard, then you're just a moron with low IQ, a retard, or some other unfortunate mutant with eagle claws instead of fingers, or some shit.

Literally there is NO CLASS in the game with an APM over 60. That's for "simcraft perfect DPS". You're nowhere near that, AND die in bad. So you've basically got the co-ordination, timing, and finesse of half of 1 hand of your average starcraft player.

That's a fucking joke.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-05 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    I find it quite difficult, especially the stomp.

Don't really see what the problem is. I don't like not being able to do it and I am sure I will get it with practice, but it is what it is. No shame or worry here, folks. I do my best and if it's not good enough I did my best. Nothing else I can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this thread could stay on topic rather having little flame wars between happily casuals, and hardcore egotistical ragers.

You know there's a private messaging system built-in to this forum / your account!
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    This man gets it.

If you HONESTLY think dodging bad on the ground while pushing a (at max) 8 ability priority system (with a 1-1.5sec delay between them) is hard, then you're just a moron with low IQ, a retard, or some other unfortunate mutant with eagle claws instead of fingers, or some shit.

Literally there is NO CLASS in the game with an APM over 60. That's for "simcraft perfect DPS". You're nowhere near that, AND die in bad. So you've basically got the co-ordination, timing, and finesse of half of 1 hand of your average starcraft player.

That's a fucking joke.
    What's a joke is your strenuous denials of how people really are. Give it up man.

I never claimed to be any good, doesnt bother me in the slightest. Why do you think it will?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    There's LFR designed just for you
    sadly i agree, if you cant manage 1st lot then how you plan to clear the rest ?

there is nothing wrong with the tuning, if there was - then there wouldn't be as many guilds with a kill as there is and alot more QQ
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^