10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question if someone doesn't mind giving me their experience. Its been a few months since I played and decided to start a new game and be somewhat of a dedicated frost mage. My game is still early but im noticing as frost its been pretty darn difficult. I realized it was because a lot of things apparently, resist it (yea yea, in skyrim, i get it lol) So has anyone had a similar game where they were dedicated to frost and found it enjoyable? Or will I just be wishing I went with the fire perks instead? I like the idea of doing a frost/necro kind of build. But I really dont want to have to spend 5 minutes killing things in a cave cause they have 50% resist if its that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Orist View Post
    I have a question if someone doesn't mind giving me their experience. Its been a few months since I played and decided to start a new game and be somewhat of a dedicated frost mage. My game is still early but im noticing as frost its been pretty darn difficult. I realized it was because a lot of things apparently, resist it (yea yea, in skyrim, i get it lol) So has anyone had a similar game where they were dedicated to frost and found it enjoyable? Or will I just be wishing I went with the fire perks instead? I like the idea of doing a frost/necro kind of build. But I really dont want to have to spend 5 minutes killing things in a cave cause they have 50% resist if its that common.
    Honestly I find that pure mage type builds are difficult in vanilla skyrim as it is, so focusing on only one of the destruction magics would make even harder.

If your gonna go Pure mage use all types of destruction magic:
    - fire for killing stuff fast
    - frost for fighting melee heavy enemies over a long period of time
    - lightning for mages to drain their mana

And honestly find yourself a Magic re-balancing mod. It will likely make your experience much less frustrating, and possibly allow you to be a Frost focused mage depending on its balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Orist View Post
    If you are not against using mods, try using Empowered Magic. It doesnt lower enemy resistance (you can only use poisons for that), but it makes magic scale, changes some perks to make them more usefull and increases their costs at higher levels only to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    As this thread has been silent for the last two days, I though this might wake it up a bit:

A teaser image for the next DLC, the reveal trailer will be released this Monday, according to GameInformer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...nborn-dlc.aspx[COLOR="red"]
    I'd been wondering when the next DLC would be and was hoping for something that'll get the ball rolling on us taking the fight to the Thalmor depending on whoever we sided with in the civil war.

Sadly that looks like it'll relate to Falmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd been wondering when the next DLC would be and was hoping for something that'll get the ball rolling on us taking the fight to the Thalmor depending on whoever we sided with in the civil war.

Sadly that looks like it'll relate to Falmers.
    In files datamined from latest patch (just like with Dawnguard), they found one interesting word. Solstheim.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/141...e-latest-beta/

Also this

Paired_DLC02RipHeartOut
    Is among other finishers.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-11-03 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    It might, because Skyrim is not a MMO, it's simply a single-player RPG. So you dictate your growth and don't have to worry about anyone.
    Thanks for the reply :-). I'll pick up a copy and stick to that and Diablo 3. Maybe get the dlc too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not a Falmer mask. Its another type of mask altogether. It is also looks very daedric (HM the tentacle inspired one) inspired to me... Nudge nudge wink wink
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks to be a dragon priest mask to me, I mean, just look at those eyes, they're exactly the same as the other DP masks, which ties in with the "Dragonborn" title for the DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you are not against using mods, try using Empowered Magic. It doesnt lower enemy resistance (you can only use poisons for that), but it makes magic scale, changes some perks to make them more usefull and increases their costs at higher levels only to balance it.
    Thanks for the mod! Definitely not against using them. I poked around but maybe I was TOO specific in what I was looking for and couldnt find anything to specifically buff frost or lower resistances or w/e. I will check this out. Appreciate it

It looks to be a dragon priest mask to me, I mean, just look at those eyes, they're exactly the same as the other DP masks, which ties in with the "Dragonborn" title for the DLC.
    How do we know it's called Dragonborn? And if it is then that name, to me at least, indicates finality in terms of story based DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How do we know it's called Dragonborn? And if it is then that name, to me at least, indicates finality in terms of story based DLC.
    Fans have been data mining the recent 1.8 patch and found out three things:

The DLC is called "Dragonborn".
    It'll feature rideable dragon mounts (Finally).
    And might be in Solstheim.

Is there a balance mod out there thats actually good? I hate that the game becomes faceroll once you finished your skilltree

Fans have been data mining the recent 1.8 patch and found out three things:

The DLC is called "Dragonborn".
    It'll feature rideable dragon mounts (Finally).
    And might be in Solstheim.
    To be fair most of the data minded info could just be place holders that they never end up using (not the first time a game had useless crap in the code) and the title could just be the working title of for the dlc, though I am hopeful that a good chunk of what has been mind is going to be implemented.

These expansions don't seem as exciting when they are adding things PC gamers have had access to for months. Not getting on Bethesda or anything, just doesn't excite as much.

One can only wonder as to if Skyrim were PC exclusive how the expansions would affect and add on to the game. We would probably see expansions as big as the original game!

Deleted
    What time will the trailer be released? I know it will be released on 5/11 but what time?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:33 PM ----------

Well its monday now, where the fack are my trailer?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here it is.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Dragonborn DLC!!!

I would post a link to the trailer but i'm new to MMO-Champ forums... so just YouTube search it

It seems with each X-pack Bethesda is adding every feature that was in their "Skyrim's Unadded Features" video + the stellar stories they always tell & such.

I can not wait AT ALL... still have to buy Hearthfire & Dawnguard for PC though (switched from 360 to PC over the summer, bought Dawnguard for 360 like a dumbass)... god this u'll drain my wallet until Elder Scrolls Online comes out!!! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty epic. Digging the new enemies.

So many nostalgic moments for me in that trailer.
    - Great House Telvanni buildings
    - Bull Netch 0:26
    - Maybe Great House Redoran buildings? 0:28
    - Upper floors of Telvanni buildings 0:48 (levitate work around )
    - Corprus monsters? 1:03
    - Rieklings 1:06

sadly looks like Bethesda lied to us saying X-box gets the first two DLC's a month earlier cause now they are also getting Dragonborn a month earlier, even after they got both Hearthfire and Dawnguard earlier :/