Glyph of icy veins... yes or no?

would it be dps increase to go for the glyph? i have around 5800 haste.

It would help to read the Frost Mage sticky. It clearly states what haste you should glyph Icy Veins at...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    The IV cap are:

• 25.00% haste full raid buff.
    • 19.05% haste with only Frozen Armor.
    • 11.25% haste from gear (4786 haste rating)
    • 10.16% haste for Goblin (4318 haste rating)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already information about this in the frost guide. Don't use it unless you're at the appropriate IV haste cap.
    The IV caps are:

•25.00% haste full raid buff.
    •19.05% haste with only Frozen Armor.
    •11.25% haste from gear (4786 haste rating)
    •10.16% haste for Goblin (4318 haste rating)
    You must have some pretty aewsome gear to have that much haste. I've only got 4400 rating in 480 gear.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-11-05 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    You must have some pretty aewsome gear to have that much haste. I've only got 4400 rating in 480 gear.
    I'm in 487 with 5625 haste, it's not that hard.

There's already information about this in the frost guide. Don't use it unless you're at the appropriate IV haste cap.

4400? I'm at 479 Ilvl and I'm at 6294 haste, not sure how your that low.

474 here, and have over 6000 haste. Not too hard to reforge above those numbers. And as us noted in Kuni's guide, this is just at what point you should start using the glyph and not when you should stop reforging into haste (which is never). Maybe calling it a cap is a misnomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perplexed as to how you have so much more haste than me. I'm very heavily reforged to haste and there's no way I can get more out of my gear from reforging. Not trying to derail the thread I'm just wondering how you can possibly have so much haste. The only thing I could think of was maybe my gemming might be affecting it.

Here's my armoury link in case it helps: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tmzac/advanced

Only ~6 of your items have Haste on them rather than Haste reforged onto them, you're going to have lower Haste than someone wearing a lot of items that already have Haste on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Only ~6 of your items have Haste on them rather than Haste reforged onto them, you're going to have lower Haste than someone wearing a lot of items that already have Haste on.
    Is frost doing better with a haste prioritised gemming though? I've seen a lot of talk about fire gemming orange and even yellow gems but I'm not sure about frost. I'm guessing I would need my exact stat weights to work it out. I'll have a play around in simcraft and see what I get.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-11-06 at 05:46 PM.

Those sticky notes may be wrong. I have 30% haste raid buffed, and Simcraft still puts the Glyph behind.

Just because you hit the GCD limit at 25% haste + IV doesn't mean that is the breakpoint for glyphing. At that haste level, the loss of bomb damage is greater than the loss from GCD cap.

Is frost doing better with a haste prioritised gemming though? I've seen a lot of talk about fire gemming orange and even yellow gems but I'm not sure about frost. I'm guessing I would need my exact stat weights to work it out. I'll have a play around in simcraft and see what I get.
    If you mean pure gemming haste or filling red sockets with orange haste gems, no. However, it is almost always worth filling a yellow gem with an orange gem, if that wasn't already somewhat obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    If you mean pure gemming haste or filling red sockets with orange haste gems, no. However, it is almost always worth filling a yellow gem with an orange gem, if that wasn't already somewhat obvious.
    Yes that's what I meant. I ended up getting my stat weights from simcraft: Int 3.69 Haste 1.54. It makes it pretty clear how I should gem

10+ Year Old Account
    He guys , atm I'm at 23,84% haste which is 6202 haste. (selfbuffed)

I was wondering if I should glyph for icy veins , since most people tell me it's if you're above 25%

Thnx in advance.
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

It says it in the guide, it says it in this thread, and in this thread it also says that it says it in the guide. Holy ---- amigo