Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Breaking them into essences and selling at a 120% profit is. I have so many crystals that I can't sell the essences fast enough, so I'm saving additional crystals for when the price shoots up.
    im on a high pop server and sha crystals go for 500G ethereal shards for 80g and essences for 13g so it would be a complete loss to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just curious, what do people think they need all this gold for? I've never once felt I didn't have enough when I have a couple thousand.
    raid week = 12+ golden lotus. repairs another 500g. gems and enchants for gear add up fast. And Darkmoon cards don't grow on trees ya know. If you're just casual then sure whatever. But raiding is easily thousands a week. And dunno about you, but the eaiser it is to make money, then the less time I have to spend playing the game in order to play the game...

Well, farming nodes and herbs isn't a good way to make money right now. They weren't since tbc, really.

AH whoring is a much better and easier way to make money.

I agree with teh above poster, however if your bored of dailies and don't want to AH whore for a bit, go out and farm something. Be it rares, herbs, leather or ore. May not be the best GPH...but still easy gold for almost no mental effort. There are some places where you can get 20-30 stacks of herbs an hour, if you know where to look...

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    im on a high pop server and sha crystals go for 500G ethereal shards for 80g and essences for 13g so it would be a complete loss to do that
    my server is the same. its profitable however to turn dust into essences. Becuz essences at certain times are up to 30g.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

For me it's been alot easier making gold, but that's just thanks to the Darkmoon Cards. Selling 1 card for 5k-10k is pretty ok for having to spend 1 second crafting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Also a little off-topic I see when you run random dungeons you get only 11g for completion, down five from 16g I believe. Plus mobs don't drop crap these days and actually less trash mobs in dungeons I have run. FYI, since I dont get to play that much I have yet to reach 90 on any of my toons.
    Say what? Grey item drops off of mobs (especially any non humanoid mob, which dont drop silver) are now a HUGE source of income in Mysts. Anyone not looting every grey they can is an idiot. I just did the kill 10 tigers quest on my horde Paladin alt in Jade Forest (something like the 4th quest you do after arriving). I think I killed 11 of them, and ended up with 4 Massive Fangs, 7 Sharp Fangs, 5 Raw Tiger Meat and a green. The grey drops alone vendored for somenting like 22g. And if you dont cook, the Tiger meat could be auctioned for probaly 30. That is a 50g plus payout simply for looting the dead tigers. By comparison, the average starter quest in Mists pays out something like 10g each.

Dont want to be poor? Loot everything and sell sell sell.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    For me it's been alot easier making gold, but that's just thanks to the Darkmoon Cards. Selling 1 card for 5k-10k is pretty ok for having to spend 1 second crafting it.
    And 15-20 minutes gathering all the herbs.
    And 2-5 minutes milling all the herbs into pigment.
    And another 2-5 minutes converting all the pigment into Ink.

Or do you just buy your ink wholesale off the AH?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    O.o and here I am, with my measly 5-10k gold that makes me feel rich xD I dont do any professions, never have since Vanilla :P but always been happy with the amount of gold i have.
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Mounts is certainly a big one. Grand Expedition Yak runs 108k iirc. Also the jewelcrating mounts are sure to be expensive. Auction house epics. Pets. Nothing that's essential to gameplay, but theres lots of things to blow gold on. Transmog pieces can get way up in price depending on server. All kinds of stuff.
    If you are actually interested in stuff that costs shitloads than you will find a way. I think hes question is aimed at the avg player who doesn't have 500k gold on every char they own.

Unless you are competing for realm first where you need to buy epics that are for heroic raiding I see no need in lots of money.

Back when I was doing Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Anglers, Shado-Pan and Celestials dailies all in the same day, I was making around 1k a day just from the quest rewards and selling everything I looted. Really easy gold there. That and using the farm at the tillers to raise up cooking mats that sell quickly and for decent prices is good money. I check the AH prices before I plant seeds so I can see what the supply and demand for the day is, because supply and demand usually change every 2 or 3 days, prices constantly fluctuate. Once you figure out how to predict market trends, gold making gets really easy.

Personally, I try to keep at least 100k at all times, and not dip below that. This way I know I have money to buy things as needed, but I never go to the point where I'm completely broke, and even if I do, I can always sell stuff to get back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have ah-whored myself out since the middle of BC (When I discovered I could buy an uncut epic gem from BT and Mount Hyjal for 200g, and sell the cut version for 500g) and I agree it is getting harder to make gold in MOP. The ore shuffle has been greatly damaged by blizzard, as well as the server I play on. High pop servers it just isn't worth the time to proepect 100+ stacks of ore, and sell cut gems, enchanting materials, etc. The only worthwhile thing is to trade up enchanting mats to get to sha crystals. Also, the transmuting rates have plummeted. I transmuted 90 trillium bars the other day, ended up with 91, meaning I got one bonus proc.

There are still ways, I know my friend with 9 scribes is making BANK right now. Made over 1.5 million gold during the first darkmoon fair because he didn't worry about leveling his toons, he bought herbs up, milled and saved his cd's for cards. (He also saved every low level ink, sold those the day the ink trader was updated, estimates that made him 500k, from selling the inks he had.)

I haven't tried any major ah playing recently, it just isn't worth my time anymore. (Too much effort) I sit with 100k gold across all my toons, every bit above that I put in my guild bank. (I think that has 50k right now, I gave away 1 million back before MOP launched.) I have been making profit simply with 1k worth of gold from dailies, about 500g daily from selling three living steel cd's (costs 1k to buy ghost iron and transmute it, sell bars for 500g) I am making about 450g from three enchanter's sha crystal's cds. (Again, buying shards for around 350g, selling crystals for 500g) And then every week I am taking the mote of harmonies I plant at my farm, selling about 33 golden lotus from them at 110g per lotus, again, being nice, I could sell higher.) So all in all my weekly gold profit is around 15k a week, not bad at all, but nowhere near the 30k+ I was making with Wrath and Cata ore shuffle. (And it takes longer to do all the dailies etc)

I am still waiting on a couple toons I need to level up. All three of my tailors are sitting at stacks of 30 imperial silk. I plan on leveling them and getting them the rep to either make spellthreads or the epic bags. That will gain me about 500k, give or take, depending on how much prices drop in the time it will take me to level the toons and get the rep.
    Last edited by the kins man; 2012-11-06 at 04:47 PM.

Its hard(er) for those who only herp-derp the shuffle.

For those with innovation and insights its just as easy as before/always.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    And 15-20 minutes gathering all the herbs.
    And 2-5 minutes milling all the herbs into pigment.
    And another 2-5 minutes converting all the pigment into Ink.

Or do you just buy your ink wholesale off the AH?
    Buying the herbs on the AH, so add 2 minutes of milling.

How people are having trouble making gold? no idea. And I'm only using Scribe, not even touching other professions at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    How people are having trouble making gold? no idea. And I'm only using Scribe, not even touching other professions at all.
    It depends what you call trouble and what you define as making gold. You do realise that all servers are different and in 7 months time then it will be mucch more difficult to make money from scribes, when DMF has waned.