Poll: Your faction

Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The draw distance on people is bullshit too. I have to get up way too close for comfort with my mosquito to see people on the ground.
    Reminded me of rainman-esque skill level mosquito pilots from PS1 who would go up to the sky ceiling and use the radar to kill infantry that were about 4x the clip distance away .

I also agree with the AA damage being a bit high, air vehicles were always at risk but generally a boost would get you out of most bad situations but atm in PS2 if you get into a bad situation your normally dead before you can even react, due in large part to the rather silly range of the turrets. That said I do see a lot of people treating air combat like something from BF3 where air vehicles have dominance over nearly everything i.e. people flying directly at a base in a reaver/mosq and getting mowed down by base turrets which in essence is balanced, if you fly in a straight line towards a gun you deserve to blow up .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-11-02 at 11:12 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I last launched the game 2 weeks ago and now I have to download a 6 GB patch..... and this is not the first time I have to download a gigantic patch, like 1 month ago I had to download a 3 GB one.

Are you guys also getting these patches or? its feels like I´m downloading the whole game again and again.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I last launched the game 2 weeks ago and now I have to download a 6 GB patch..... and this is not the first time I have to download a gigantic patch, like 1 month ago I had to download a 3 GB one.

Are you guys also getting these patches or? its feels like I´m downloading the whole game again and again.
    New continent was just added, and they regularly add new weapons and stuff.

Deleted
    A Beta Key I don't need:

63H6-N3P9-RJFN-PRR2-HT4A

10+ Year Old Account
    New update restored some trust in SOE..

My fps went from 20-30 fps on medium to almost 60 fps constantly on high settings (still some drops in vehicles weirdly but everybody seems to have that in ground vehicles).
    For the rest galaxy finally got some love in the form of AA reduction and composite armor (making it finally a good drop ship). But they also went slightly overboard with the turrets which have now become almost useless. Maybe a health increase on them would be useful. They also fixed the issues with constant repairing by adding a heat system.

Some more improvements with optimization and the game will be really well playable for a wide arrange of PCs. And some critical bug fixes left to do.

You're making me want to try it out again...this past week the game has felt REALLY laggy and buggy, I was pretty sure the game had reverted back to a month or two ago. Server stability should be one of their highest concerns because if no one can play it smoothly, well...

Not that it isn't fun for enemies to teleport in circles around you.

Deleted
    Anyone with a spare key who can give me one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh true, server stability is on of my last and major concerns to. I am not sure if that will be perfect when the game launches. Also i have no clue what the ping is between me and the server. I don't think they will be able to top wow/tribes ascend with that both are below 15 ms for me so. Thats one thing i would like them to ad an indicator to the game to see what it is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Anyone with a spare key who can give me one?
    Will send you one though PM

Deleted
    could someone pm a beta key please?

Deleted
    At the moment, Vanu seem to be the least balanced. Their Scythe air takes out vehicles with ridiculous ease with their pods.
    I'm playing on the highest pop EU server, and the Vanu, wherever the most of them are, completely dominate.
    It also feels like TR are weak right now, compared to the other two. TR is my most played faction with a rank 14 character. The mosquito still can't take any damage and our tanks are made of paper. Magriders outmanouver us, Vanguards outgun us.

The game also has a hard time giving proper XP, I did 90% of the damage on a Vanguard and got NO XP AT ALL FOR IT. It happens a lot when I do damage to vehicles that I don't get any XP, heck that I don't even get XP for the actual kill either.

Sunderers cannot deploy within 200 meters of each other now either, without any way at all to indicate how far away other sunderers are. It also seems that the spawn XP you get when it's deployed has been lowered to 1, yes 1 XP per spawn instead of the 5 we had. Which makes me wonder why anyone would want to use a sunderer now...

MAX units, no matter what faction, are completely and utterly useless against anything but air. They really do zero damage against infantry and vehicles.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-11-06 at 12:00 AM.

It seems to be that if a vehicle dies to an engine fire that it counts as a suicide with no credit being given to the person who shot it up in the first place. I'm sure it has to be a bug. TR vehicles also do feel underpowered, but I do believe the mosquito is still a lot better than the reaver. There's no denying that the prowler is a joke tank though.

Not sure I'm happy with the sunderer change, they really need to give deployment back to galaxies so we can see what that's like in conjunction with sunderer spawns. They said they would but we're getting down to release time and I haven't seen anything...

Personally, I'm just most disappointed that I lost 40 certs today when they did their rollback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It seems to be that if a vehicle dies to an engine fire that it counts as a suicide with no credit being given to the person who shot it up in the first place. I'm sure it has to be a bug. TR vehicles also do feel underpowered, but I do believe the mosquito is still a lot better than the reaver. There's no denying that the prowler is a joke tank though.

Not sure I'm happy with the sunderer change, they really need to give deployment back to galaxies so we can see what that's like in conjunction with sunderer spawns. They said they would but we're getting down to release time and I haven't seen anything...

Personally, I'm just most disappointed that I lost 40 certs today when they did their rollback.
    The sunderer change is idiotic, in the end, the only thing it will lead to is no-one using them because of this limitation to it and that it gives almost nothing to be able to deploy it. Yes it may help achieve a victory, but that's hardly a good enough motivation to upgrade the entire vehicle when you know you might end up in a place like Amerish and unable to deploy.

MAX units still being completely useless is also pretty annoying. There is no reason to put any points into it at all when all it can do is AA. The weapon accuracy is horrendous and it will so easily be outclassed by infantry that it's laughable.

I'm so frustrated with all these terrible changes, and the fact that in a 1v1 fight, anyone is currently better than my TR. I know it's not about balancing 1v1, but you will still get a lot of those situations.

Not to mention that the three factions will all bundle up on one continent each, making number balance completely messed up.

I've also found a new bug: MAX units and vehicles will, for no apparent reason at all, lose HP and die. I saw a MAX guy lose HP right infront of me as I tried to repair him, he kept losing HP and dying. Inside a house with no enemies. Just now, same thing happened with a Lightning tank.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-11-06 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Galaxies wont ever get AMS back. That much has been confirmed by now, what we might one day see is the ability to drop pod. Its an idea hovering around the forums for quite some time now giving the galaxy pilot to eject all the passengers above the base. Would be a great utility for the galaxy, for now i am a happy galaxy pilot (well up to yesterday will be fixed today again) with level 5 composite armor and level 3 speed

Anyways i will say it again 20 november is to soon. I thought the fps patch they might make it but now i am sure they wont anymore.
    To many small bugs still exist. To many performance fixes still have to be applied to amerish. They scythe is horrible OP and can kill any base turret in 3-5 seconds while repairing it takes upwards to 30 seconds.

Besides this flying the galaxy is still an ungrateful task it rewards to little xp while i guess i can look passed this point since i love it and all but still.

Heavy assault is still to versatile for the infantry role, you never pick light assault over heavy assault on a straight faction to faction battle. So that class still needs tweaks/adjusting.

A lot of weapons/unlocks etc. are still locked and with about 10 days to go i am slightly worried about the effect that these unlocks will have when they stay locked much longer and don't get the testing they need.

Besides these things or the small bugs my biggest concern is the fact they have not tested the servers properly, there is still a rather big chance that the servers wont be able to handle the load.

One thing everybody seems to be forgetting is we have 10 days left. Not 14 the beta servers close on the 16th.

They promised they'd give it back =(

Everyone is getting 1000 certs.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    They promised they'd give it back =(
    How they changed the sunderer dont expect it anymore with a move towards squad leader pushing it wont happen anymore. Instant spawn on squad leader, spawn beacon for squad leaders etc.

Oh well, I'll always be a pilot regardless. Even if the galaxy has no purpose.

Deleted
    If someone has a spare key, I would love to try this one out. FPS shooter combined mit a meaningful metagame sounds irresistible.

Deleted
    I still hate magriders, they're artillery not tanks. They can stand so far away, hitting you with perfect accuracy of their stabilized turret. Whilst a Vanguard hops up and down by the smallest bump in the terrain, completely unable to manouver away and firing at the same time like the Magrider. And all Vanu do is stand in a long line on some hill and shoot with Magriders like artillery. And what can you do about it? Fuckall. You can't ambush them, the terrain doesn't allow it. You can't overwhelm them, they'll move away or destroy you on your way there. You can't outgun them, because you can't freaking hit them, and if you do, they'll always have an engineer or two available.
    It's so frustrating!

The grenade bug is still in the game, I noticed.

And much to my dismay, the mini-gun for TR Heavy Assault is rendered useless in close quarters combat thanks to all the fucking idiots on my own team that constantly run everywhere, meaning I can't fire it properly due to it's spin-up time.
    On release, this will most likely be ten times worse. Friendly fire will be rampant, not just because people shoot you, but because they don't give a flying fuck about where they are standing or who they are blocking. It's all about "ME ME ME". And don't get me started on all the freaking camping people do, bunching up in droves behind cover, achieving absolutely nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Galaxies wont ever get AMS back. That much has been confirmed by now, what we might one day see is the ability to drop pod. Its an idea hovering around the forums for quite some time now giving the galaxy pilot to eject all the passengers above the base. Would be a great utility for the galaxy, for now i am a happy galaxy pilot (well up to yesterday will be fixed today again) with level 5 composite armor and level 3 speed

Anyways i will say it again 20 november is to soon. I thought the fps patch they might make it but now i am sure they wont anymore.
    To many small bugs still exist. To many performance fixes still have to be applied to amerish. They scythe is horrible OP and can kill any base turret in 3-5 seconds while repairing it takes upwards to 30 seconds.

Besides this flying the galaxy is still an ungrateful task it rewards to little xp while i guess i can look passed this point since i love it and all but still.

Heavy assault is still to versatile for the infantry role, you never pick light assault over heavy assault on a straight faction to faction battle. So that class still needs tweaks/adjusting.

A lot of weapons/unlocks etc. are still locked and with about 10 days to go i am slightly worried about the effect that these unlocks will have when they stay locked much longer and don't get the testing they need.

Besides these things or the small bugs my biggest concern is the fact they have not tested the servers properly, there is still a rather big chance that the servers wont be able to handle the load.

One thing everybody seems to be forgetting is we have 10 days left. Not 14 the beta servers close on the 16th.
    Yepp, the Scythe dual pods and that main weapon they can get is ridiculously good, I've used them both. The Reaver and Mosq don't come close to it's firepower.

But can't you, with outfit mates who know what to do, use the emergency ejection system on the Galaxy to do drops?
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-11-06 at 09:39 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are the servers up right now? I can run the launcher fine but I get dumped out after clicking play with a cheesy generic error screen.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".