10+ Year Old Account
    They fixed his flamethrower. Then he did stupid amounts of damage. Then they nerfed him.

I think he's about as strong as he was before the fix, just less frustrating. People just moved away a bit from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't really fit as AP bruiser in current meta, since you count on AP carry mid and your top to be bruiser physical (not magical)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely correct. There's a number of AP carries put on top. Kennen, Rumble and particularly Vladimir are all used. Vladimir was used on the WC as well. Malphite would be another example, though a bit poorer than the aforementioned three.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your top laner certainly does not need to be physical.

Vlad, Cho'Gath, and Rumble are probably the best examples, but to be honest, most AP champs can work just fine in the top lane in "regular folk" soloQ.

Don't let what you see in pro tournaments 100% dictate what you play. There's nothing wrong with striving to play like them (mechanics, team fight execution, farm, map awareness, etc), but you'd be surprised what sort of "odd" picks you can dominate with.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-11-05 at 02:19 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I'm loving Elise top atm, though I wouldn't really consider her AP anyway since her ratios are .. mindblowingly low. But that's the entire point, like Cho she can build tanky and still have more then enough damage to win. I only hate cs'ing with her at early levels.

Deleted
    Need a support champ, because I'm not pushy enough to scream for top / mid at the beginning of the game. Loving Lulu but since her free week is ending...need something a bit cheaper since I lack RP and have only 600 IP atm. I know Soraka is an option but...was wondering if Taric is a good option as well? Most of the carries I end up with are usually the free week ones...does he synergize well with most champs?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, taric is a great support, and he goes very well if Ezreal, I think. I don't' personally own him (just don't like him that much) but he's not a bad choice for support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Need a support champ, because I'm not pushy enough to scream for top / mid at the beginning of the game. Loving Lulu but since her free week is ending...need something a bit cheaper since I lack RP and have only 600 IP atm. I know Soraka is an option but...was wondering if Taric is a good option as well? Most of the carries I end up with are usually the free week ones...does he synergize well with most champs?
    Taric is ridiculously awesome. Max W first, do EWR on the enemy carry at 6, laugh as they disappear. He comboes exceptionally well with Graves, the lane gets tanky as hell and has enough AOE damage to make enemy pair disappear in a split second if they let you initiate, but he is good with pretty much any carry.

If enemies are too careful for you to pop that stun just go into their bush given an opportunity and make sure they know you are there. Enemy zoned by the sole threat of getting jumped on if they approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taric is a very strong support. He has a stun, along with high burst and a heal. It can be difficult to get a stun on someone sometimes, especially with the trend of high mobility bot lanes, but when you do you can easily put the hurt on them. His ult is also like a portable baron buff.

He goes quite well with ezreal and graves. Though I think it's more common with the ezreal.

Who is the easiest champion to play? My mother is thinking about playing league to be able to spend time with me, she is 58.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Who is the easiest champion to play? My mother is thinking about playing league to be able to spend time with me, she is 58.
    Maybe WW jungle? At lower levels it should be okay since very few champs can successfully jungle so counter jungling shouldn't be really problematic and he can sustain like the best of them and the ulti makes ganking quite easy to do. Jax is pretty strong too although I'm not sure how easy to play he is. Garen shouldn't be too hard either and he has no mana to manage so that makes him easier as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taric is great, as is Nunu.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm finally level 30 and now I'm constantly wondering whether or not I should use IP to beef up my rune pages or if I should get more champions I'd like to play. I only have a select few runes and most of them are tailored to AD based champs, mostly ArP and Attack speed with flat armor yellows and scaling mr blues. Do runes make enough of difference in power that I should get 2-3 full rune pages first or should I just buy champions I like?

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Maybe WW jungle? At lower levels it should be okay since very few champs can successfully jungle so counter jungling shouldn't be really problematic and he can sustain like the best of them and the ulti makes ganking quite easy to do. Jax is pretty strong too although I'm not sure how easy to play he is. Garen shouldn't be too hard either and he has no mana to manage so that makes him easier as well.
    No jungle. That's what I do. lol I typically play with my friend, who lanes. So I was thinking maybe have her play a support. Then she doesn't have to try and get kills.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm finally level 30 and now I'm constantly wondering whether or not I should use IP to beef up my rune pages or if I should get more champions I'd like to play. I only have a select few runes and most of them are tailored to AD based champs, mostly ArP and Attack speed with flat armor yellows and scaling mr blues. Do runes make enough of difference in power that I should get 2-3 full rune pages first or should I just buy champions I like?
    You'll get a split on this question from different folks here.

Despite being level 30, you're still new to the game. The only way you truly learn what champions are capable of doing is by playing them (important for both mastering playing with AND against). I always recommend folks develop a strong set of rune pages before they go off and buy specific champs that may fall out of favor to a new player.

The first question to ask would be: What are my best 3 roles (or what 3 roles do I want to focus on)? If one of your answers is jungling, you may need 2-3 rune pages just to cover all possible jungle picks. Granted, that is a bit advanced and you can get away with playing almost all jungle champions with 1 generic rune page.

2 rune pages that you MUST have would be the standard AD and AP pages:

AD - flat AD OR ArPen reds, armor yellows, MR/level blues, AD quints
    AP - MagicPen reds, (whatever yellows, usually hp/level), Flat OR Scaling AP blues, AP Quints

Even your AP pages can vary...some AP mids are nice w/ mana regen yellows...but that won't help you playing Morde or Vlad.

I highly recommend having a support page as well. There will be times when you're last pick and forced into a support role...who knows, maybe you'll learn to love it (I know I did). My support page is: flat armor reds, flat armor yellows, MR/level blues, and GP/10 quints. That will work for every single support in the game.

A good standard jungle page: AS reds, armor yellows, MR/level blues, and MS (move speed) quints. The only champs that I jungle with on a regular basis that do not fit that page are Maokai, Nunu, and Nocturne...no biggie.

So, in essence, I recommend straight up buying the 7 rune page thingy for RP first, filling your first pages with generic "do-all" rune setups, then buy specific champions you enjoy and optimize them with specific rune pages last.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is kind of a hard order to fill, but any suggestions for champions that are fun/good but not exactly mainstream, if you know what i mean? i have 6660 IP atm so any price range would do ( though can't get runes if i get a 6300 ) Reason it would be harder to suggest champions is because i have 54, and no good way to show who i have.

Examples ( Gangplank ( not crit ) Kayle ( not support ) )

10+ Year Old Account
    Viktor.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm debating a new buy to add to my little collection I have going now, but need some advice:

Nidalee - she seems pretty great, and I find Elise quite fun, plus my main is Morgana and they have similar skill shots to land I think.

Karthus - my mains all have ways to deal with Karthus' ultimate (Morg, Vlad, Sivir, Nocturne) - but it seems like he could be a Lot of fun versus bots or blind picks

Lux - she's a lot like Morgana but her binding hits multiple people and her beam attack is more fun than having to build tanky for soul shackle (and she's got much better attack range for poking), I still think I prefer morgana for competitive play - but lux is a lot of fun for bots/blind picks.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I'm debating a new buy to add to my little collection I have going now, but need some advice:

Nidalee - she seems pretty great, and I find Elise quite fun, plus my main is Morgana and they have similar skill shots to land I think.

Karthus - my mains all have ways to deal with Karthus' ultimate (Morg, Vlad, Sivir, Nocturne) - but it seems like he could be a Lot of fun versus bots or blind picks

Lux - she's a lot like Morgana but her binding hits multiple people and her beam attack is more fun than having to build tanky for soul shackle (and she's got much better attack range for poking), I still think I prefer morgana for competitive play - but lux is a lot of fun for bots/blind picks.
    Either Karthus or lux, i recently picked up karthus and hes fun, play a little passive with some poke and wait til endgame, then collect easy quadras.
    I don't have lux but i've played her once or twice, shes got one of the highest bursts in the game afaik
    and a lot of my friends have been playing nidalee lately, even with a bunch of AP Cougar form wrecks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Either Karthus or lux, i recently picked up karthus and hes fun, play a little passive with some poke and wait til endgame, then collect easy quadras.
    I don't have lux but i've played her once or twice, shes got one of the highest bursts in the game afaik
    and a lot of my friends have been playing nidalee lately, even with a bunch of AP Cougar form wrecks.
    That's what I figured for Karthus ya

Lux has an awesome combo ya, Binding / Ground Effect / Laser Beam is so awesome (same as Morg's Binding / Ground Effect / Soul Shackle) - but unlike Morg where I need to get in melee to make it work, I can land laser beams from off the map She's fun but good players dodge lasers pretty consistently unless you bind them first (but bots / noobs dont!) and her shield isn't as good as Morgs.

Ya Nidalee's AP build was what interested me in her, her skill shot with an AP build hits Crazy hard and I'm a skill shot sniper so I think I'd excel at those
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter