Deleted

Balance druids suck in PVP?

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to druids, I just reached lvl90 a week ago. I play boomkin in PVP. I have the dreadful set and two malevolent pieces, and a ilvl483 staff. My gear is fully gemmed and enchanted, and reforged correctly. My damage is pretty good, but I can't kill anyone in 1v1. I do great when we are fighting in a group, but when I'm alone, I get raped, by every class.
    My talents: Wild Charge, Renewal, Typhoon, Incarnation, Ursul's Vortex, HotW
    What am I doing wrong?

Can't really say you're doing anything wrong without seeing how you play, but keep in mind that Balance has pretty much always had one of the worst kits when it comes to control in PvP ('though abusing Cyclone can be pretty fun). And while their survivability is far better than it's ever been, they're still nothing special in this regard, consistently getting torn to shreds under any sort of dependable burst damage, as they always have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypurry View Post
    Hey guys, I'm kinda new to druids, I just reached lvl90 a week ago. I play boomkin in PVP. I have the dreadful set and two malevolent pieces, and a ilvl483 staff. My gear is fully gemmed and enchanted, and reforged correctly. My damage is pretty good, but I can't kill anyone in 1v1. I do great when we are fighting in a group, but when I'm alone, I get raped, by every class.
    My talents: Wild Charge, Renewal, Typhoon, Incarnation, Ursul's Vortex, HotW
    What am I doing wrong?
    Displaced beast > Wild Charge
    Natures swiftness > renewal
    Bash/Roar > Vortex

That's a start, change your talents.

Balance has always been a struggle in 1v1 unless it's hunter(Pre-MoP) go Resto and never lose a 1v1 or play RBG/BG, Blizz loves us when it comes to us having a group around us

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the movement speed talent is also very viable in 1v1s.. Druids are so incredibly fast, and that movement speed buff stacks with cat form movement and travel form.. if you're a worgen and travel form, you can pop darkflight and go >200% (mount speed) runspeed for 8 seconds, and then stampeding roar for another 6. The best way I've found to 1v1 is just to kite, DoT them up (if you have cooldowns up, NV+INC+CA is devastating) and rapidfire Starsurge on proc. A high crit rate is your friend.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Generally, boomkins haven't been great 1v1ers against many classes. However, they're very powerful in BGs, thanks to multiple targets and having more people who will protect the boomkin if you're running rateds/with a group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Generally, boomkins haven't been great 1v1ers against many classes. However, they're very powerful in BGs, thanks to multiple targets and having more people who will protect the boomkin if you're running rateds/with a group.
    I'm extremely powerful in 1v1 if I can multidot 5 other targets and shooting stars the 1v1 target to death!
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont consider myself a pvp whiz or anything, but today i had a great 1 on 1 with a better geared shadowpriest at the arboretum in jade forest today. it was the most epic 20 min battle ive ever been in. Cc, nuke, nuke, dot, heals. Hybrid on hybrid action. Wish i had recorded it. The priest was pretty good too. She would disperse and fear my incarnation and silence my starfalls. I would solarbeam her heals and shadowmeld vamp touches. Anyways. I didnt feel disadvantaged vs a spriest (which has the best 1v1 toolkit imo) so i dont think balance is bad.

That said, you need natures swiftness and bash or roar vs a caster for sure. Ns cyclone saved me a couple times. If i had renewal or cen ward i would have lost no question. Druid toilet is good vs melee i guess but i use shrooms for a snare to kite melee so i dont use druid toilet.

I guess my point is this: If a mediocre player like me can go toe to toe with a better geared spriest, id say balance is ok. ������

Ps: psyfiend seems op.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2012-11-05 at 12:29 AM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

We dont suck. And i think that all specs work in pvp for us.
    Its just effect of lil bit strong resto druids AND other overpowered things in pvp.
    Bcs its easier to get into group like a strong healer (resto) with op dps classes.
    Many people fotm reroll specs or classes so its just trend effect.
    Last edited by M4dus; 2012-11-05 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPie View Post
    Displaced beast > Wild Charge
    Natures swiftness > renewal
    Bash/Roar > Vortex

That's a start, change your talents.

Balance has always been a struggle in 1v1 unless it's hunter(Pre-MoP) go Resto and never lose a 1v1 or play RBG/BG, Blizz loves us when it comes to us having a group around us
    That highly depends on comp and other things. TBH I like Feline swiftnes, and vortex alot better.
    Feline swiftnes because you get an increased running speed which is kinda insane for boomkins atm, kiting like hell. And vortex because you can pretty much root someone, put out a vortex on the root and get of 2-3 freecasts which is also insanely nice. And if its a caster you can root, solar beam and vortex.

I have NO problem with any classes in 1v1 as a boomkin, our damage is INSANE if used properly. And with CDS I can pretty much kill someone 1v1 in under 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    That highly depends on comp and other things. TBH I like Feline swiftnes, and vortex alot better.
    Feline swiftnes because you get an increased running speed which is kinda insane for boomkins atm, kiting like hell. And vortex because you can pretty much root someone, put out a vortex on the root and get of 2-3 freecasts which is also insanely nice. And if its a caster you can root, solar beam and vortex.

I have NO problem with any classes in 1v1 as a boomkin, our damage is INSANE if used properly. And with CDS I can pretty much kill someone 1v1 in under 5 sec.
    Everyone can kill everyone in under 5 seconds. The thing is, if you are able to do that, the other guy probably fucked up.

15+ Year Old Account
    In 1v1, I have almost never been able to burst someone down, so what you will have to do is make sure you keep yourself healed while you still do some damage. Our heals can be very powerful when used right. If the person is beating you cyclone them and heal yourself up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Everyone can kill everyone in under 5 seconds. The thing is, if you are able to do that, the other guy probably fucked up.
    Not rly, if you can lock them down good and wait for the right time. Got pretty decent selfheals, and can clone their cds and go hardcore after that.