Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Pally PVP set gear for PVE

I've recently come across someone claiming that the PVP set gear (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-593) was providing such massive gains for him (http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130930-...6/#post2216154 has the logs) that he'd even take the epic PVP set over the heroic T14 PVE items because the bonus was that powerful.

I can see it being fairly good, but I can also see the proper tier gear perhaps being equivalent or better. I can also see Blizzard having a problem if people start thinking the PVP gear is the best because of the set bonuses, thus we should probably nip it in the bud before it bites us later on.

So the main question is: How many others have tried it? If you have, how has it worked for you?
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2012-11-13 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

You answered your own post... You said TIER gear would be equal if not better... so yes the PVP gear is better over heroic gear but not tier gear
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good for "EF blanketing."
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    You answered your own post... You said TIER gear would be equal if not better... so yes the PVP gear is better over heroic gear but not tier gear
    I said I can see it going either way, and I'll add that it probably depends most on play style. I haven't done it myself since I don't actually play WoW anymore, but I figured it would be a worthwhile topic to discuss and maybe get Blizzard to correct one of their screwups if it's determined to be "too good."

Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    It's good for "EF blanketing."
    That's what I figured as well. At first I looked at it and thought they were doing well with less than 20% EF overheal, but that turned out only to be on Garalon. On the other bosses the overheal was typically over 30% which leads me to wonder a little about their actual healing performance overall. Throughput has its uses of course, but there's more to healing than just big numbers which is why I don't really feel obligated to believe healing meters are worth much except for gimmick fights like Valithria back in ICC.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    I've recently come across someone claiming that the PVP set gear (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-593) was providing such massive gains for him (http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130930-...6/#post2216154 has the logs) that he'd even take the epic PVP set over the heroic PVE items because the bonus was that powerful.

I can see it being fairly good, but I can also see the proper tier gear perhaps being equivalent or better. I can also see Blizzard having a problem if people start thinking the PVP gear is the best because of the set bonuses, thus we should probably nip it in the bud before it bites us later on.

So the main question is: How many others have tried it? If you have, how has it worked for you?
    If you get 4/5 483 then yes that sounds much better considering the ilevel and the bonus than 463 heroic gear. Not much of a preference there to be honest. Seems like a great starter raid set for sure. But full 496 is surely better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Throughput has its uses of course, but there's more to healing than just big numbers which is why I don't really feel obligated to believe healing meters are worth much except for gimmick fights like Valithria back in ICC.
    So the 4pc will at least be relevant for Tsulong too ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    If you get 4/5 483 then yes that sounds much better considering the ilevel and the bonus than 463 heroic gear. Not much of a preference there to be honest. Seems like a great starter raid set for sure. But full 496 is surely better.
    By heroic I meant the 509 heroic raid gear. Of course the PVP stuff would be better than dungeon stuff, but it being equal to or better than raid items is the question here.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

I was taking a look at the Spirit Guards 25m Heroic healing rankings. The top paladins who are ranking top 5 seem to be using PVP 4pc and EF blanketing and reaching 90k+ HPS.

How are they getting these numbers? Are they just generating HoP with HS and CS and EF blanketing the entire raid when they have 3 HoP?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o9...?s=9370&e=9729
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rx...?s=3234&e=3557

Another thing I found weird was in a paladin from Mug'thol's healing log. If you look at buffs cast, it shows the paladin with Beacon of Light amount 116 during 25m Stone Guards. My question here is, is he just constantly switching his BoL target in combat? He is using the Beacon of Light glyph.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xq...?s=1642&e=2030

Concerning that, i actually replaced some RF items for Malevolent ones cause not only raw stats are way better (sta, int and spi) but even mastery, haste and crit. Plus i went RF last week and just when i entered some1 pulled the boss and i was with full pvp gear. still managed to top heal that whole thing

This has been the case for every expansion since Wrath. At the start of every expansion you can use pvp gear for pve and have it last you a little while. However PVE gear always beats out PVP gear in the long run and I would seriously suggest you just use the top end pvp gear untill you get the PVE drops. Also professions and the gem slots of the pvp gear versus the pve gear further increases the margin that pvp beats early pve gear from raid finder. I think the PVE set has more stats then the Conquest gear but the Conquest gear has 2 more gem slots. Also one of the pieces has a significant piece of haste so you might consider going just 4 set pvp and grabbing the haste pve piece for your fifth slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    This has been the case for every expansion since Wrath. At the start of every expansion you can use pvp gear for pve and have it last you a little while. However PVE gear always beats out PVP gear in the long run and I would seriously suggest you just use the top end pvp gear untill you get the PVE drops. Also professions and the gem slots of the pvp gear versus the pve gear further increases the margin that pvp beats early pve gear from raid finder. I think the PVE set has more stats then the Conquest gear but the Conquest gear has 2 more gem slots. Also one of the pieces has a significant piece of haste so you might consider going just 4 set pvp and grabbing the haste pve piece for your fifth slot.
    The argument is that the 4-piece set bonus on the pvp gear is better than the increased stat gain on the pve sets. And haste? The majority of paladins are going mastery>haste.

Deleted
    This has absolutely nothing to do with stats on the gear, its the set bonus which is the big thing. If the epic pvp 4 set is not better than T14 heroic items it is atleast just as good. I went down 10 ilvls by equipping the blue pvp 4 set and all of a sudden I get three times rank 1 and a rank 4 in one night on WoL. At first it was also hard to me to grasp that this bonus is so insanely good especially because I didnt have the pvp 4 set a couple of days ago. Do I prefer this style of healing? absolutely not but you would be stupid to not use it when it is arround a 20% healing increase versus ilvl 489 gear (non tier 14) and a 5-10% healing increase versus T14 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with stats on the gear, its the set bonus which is the big thing. If the epic pvp 4 set is not better than T14 heroic items it is atleast just as good. I went down 10 ilvls by equipping the blue pvp 4 set andall of a sudden I get three times rank 1 and a rank 4 in one night on WoL[/URL]. At first it was also hard to me to grasp that this bonus is so insanely good especially because I didnt have the pvp 4 set a couple of days ago. Do I prefer this style of healing? absolutely not but you would be stupid to not use it when it is arround a 20% healing increase versus ilvl 489 gear (non tier 14) and a 5-10% healing increase versus T14 gear.
    I'm farming conquest after I realized this was going to be usefull for me yesterday. I still don't have any epic pvp piece, but do you think it'd be worth to get the honor blue ones? my armory US-Azralon Iver (Sorry, can't post links yet)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    I'm farming conquest after I realized this was going to be usefull for me yesterday. I still don't have any epic pvp piece, but do you think it'd be worth to get the honor blue ones? my armory US-Azralon Iver (Sorry, can't post links yet)
    Yes, im also using the blue set and it is more than worth it.

Yes, im also using the blue set and it is more than worth it.
    Ok, going to BGs right now.

Deleted
    Oh btw I forgot to say that you need to spec into Divine Purpose otherwise you will never see those crazy high hps numbers.

Since i started using the 4 piece bonus from the pvp set, my hps has gone up by 10-15k per fight. 10 k if im not ET blanketing and about 15k if i am. I am using the blue pvp set. However, my guild just cleared MV norm for the 1st time this week so i am by no means decked out, but i still put out good numbers.

This has absolutely nothing to do with stats on the gear, its the set bonus which is the big thing. If the epic pvp 4 set is not better than T14 heroic items it is atleast just as good. I went down 10 ilvls by equipping the blue pvp 4 set and all of a sudden I get three times rank 1 and a rank 4 in one night on WoL. At first it was also hard to me to grasp that this bonus is so insanely good especially because I didnt have the pvp 4 set a couple of days ago. Do I prefer this style of healing? absolutely not but you would be stupid to not use it when it is arround a 20% healing increase versus ilvl 489 gear (non tier 14) and a 5-10% healing increase versus T14 gear.
    True but the stats are a bonus and something you should factor in when choosing which 4 pieces of PVP gear you want to roll with.

The 4P is RIDICULOUS, inb4 nerf!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/22...s/#tab-healers

Tried to use it yesterday, even tho i gimped my regen, and SP my hps increase by 15-20k depending on fight.

And ye, use divine purpose it's godmode really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagseey View Post
    The 4P is RIDICULOUS, inb4 nerf!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/22...s/#tab-healers

Tried to use it yesterday, even tho i gimped my regen, and SP my hps increase by 15-20k depending on fight.

And ye, use divine purpose it's godmode really.
    Yeah top Hpally on that fight is wearing conquest pvp gear as well.