Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There is no real need to 3 heal this, 2 is plenty. The only damage to worry about is from Raining Blades which can (and should) be mitigated by a plethora of cooldowns. We also 1 tank it, but to do that you need to dispel Quickening immediately or the tank will get gibbed.

Didn't realise you could stack on the final phase. We just stood in a crescent shape at the back of the room with the boss in the middle then slowly moved him back. He died with plenty of space left.

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    Responses in this thread make me think that which adds you choose to CC is ultimately irrelevant in normal mode.

What a surprise.
    I don't get comments like this. My favorite fights for progression are the ones where you have options. You can tailor your strat to fit what works best for your team. Where's the fun in being locked into one cookie-cutter strat?

For the record, we killed it last night by CC'ing 2 blade masters, 1 mender and 1 trapper. We killed blade masters first, trappers second, and menders fell over within 5-10 seconds of the trappers. We had lots of available interrupts which is why we saved them for last.

Edit: We also had 2 priests for mass-dispells on Quickening.
    Last edited by Shimitsu; 2012-11-06 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    There is no real need to 3 heal this, 2 is plenty. The only damage to worry about is from Raining Blades which can (and should) be mitigated by a plethora of cooldowns. We also 1 tank it, but to do that you need to dispel Quickening immediately or the tank will get gibbed.

Didn't realise you could stack on the final phase. We just stood in a crescent shape at the back of the room with the boss in the middle then slowly moved him back. He died with plenty of space left.
    you can comfortably beat enrage with a lot less nailbiting during p2 (adds down) if you are 3 healing. I think we had a minute left on our enrage?

We cc'd our 4 targets (2 menders, 1 shaper, 1 blademaster) had solo tank interrupt free mender and literally killed all the adds at the same time with the boss still at 90% or so. That's a lot of rain of blades to take with 2 healers. You only have so many cooldowns to rotate.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    I don't get comments like this. My favorite fights for progression are the ones where you have options. You can tailor your strat to fit what works best for your team. Where's the fun in being locked into one cookie-cutter strat?
    It was not actually intended to be a complaint, so I'm sorry if it seemed like it. I was trying to point out that it's normal mode and as such the mechanics probably aren't going to be overly punishing regardless of which choice you make, you only need adapt your strategy to compensate.

That said, it doesn't really seem like it's at all a meaningful choice in this case. How can you really call them "options" when every choice ultimately leads to indiscriminately AOEing? The first phase is a total joke, with the only danger of death coming in p2.
    Last edited by Flustered; 2012-11-06 at 09:45 PM.

Haven't started this fight yet, but which of the nine adds actually get tanked? Are the Blademasters just on a permanent fixate? Are any other types of adds not tankable for any reason?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    CC'd 2 trappers, cause amber is god annoying, 1 warrior to prevent one shots, then a mender just cause. Gather rest, aoe down and kill em at the same time, zerg boss and hope nobody steps in a trap.

We found 1 tank to be more than enough, I was around 250k dps comming out of the AE phase. And the second tank does jack shit for dps in p2.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    Haven't started this fight yet, but which of the nine adds actually get tanked? Are the Blademasters just on a permanent fixate? Are any other types of adds not tankable for any reason?
    You tank everything. Blademasters just charge random person every 30 seconds or so. It's really not much of a threat, especially if you have Disc priest - can afford having 3 up easily in such case.

I have a question, we are attempting this boss this week but we have no priest to mass dispel the quickening from the menders. Is it still possible to 1 tank this with no priest to mass dispel the quickening or will the tank get raped?

Our setup is Brewmaster - Frost dk (usually blood) - Rogue - BM hunter - 2x Aff locks - 2x resto shamans - 1 holy pally - ele shaman. We also have a enh shaman we can rotate in if possible.

I think our CC thought process was going to be 2 menders, 2 blademasters. Should we do 2 menders, 1 blademaster and 1 trapper? The few attempts we had (1-3), trappers were really annoying.

So basically, do you think our cc order is okay or should we fix it and is it possible to 1 tank this with no priest o mass dispel quickening?