Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I love this expansion!

I keep reading posts about how ppl hate this expansion and I just want it out there about how much it really has restored my faith in WoW. I have been playing since TBC and I loved Wrath but by the time Cata hit I quit for like a year because it was like they were handing us everything and I didn't have to work for anything. I'm not a super hardcore raider but I enjoy a challenge and that's what I got with MSV. It took me three weeks of raiding to down the stone guardians and yes it was frustrating but it just made me work harder and develop a better relationship with other guild raiders. Now when I first saw MOP... I'll admit I wasn't it's biggest fan with the Pandaren race but after trying other MMOs I wanted to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt and boy did they deliver! I love the story... the jade forest was amazing and I can't wait for 5.1. I just wanted to say great job Blizz and thank you!

Deleted
    3 weeks to down the 1st boss (normal or HC)? I haven't downed it personally, but if i look to the other casual guilds out there I highly doubt it would take 3 weeks (most likely 2 nights max) unless your group sucks real hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.
    Know that you're the majority in your opinion, yet the minority in voicing it.
    Why shout if you're happy with things, right?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I'm liking it also. I just hope, cross fingers, that we can clear the raids before nerfs. I have a feeling we will be getting some cool raids this expansion. With LFR they will most likely have more incentive to come up with some good raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Agreed.
    Know that you're the majority in your opinion, yet the minority in voicing it.
    Why shout if you're happy with things, right?
    It's not "Haters will hate" anymore. From now on it's "Haters will post".

If you're happy, you don't need to post that you're happy. You just give fuel to the haters.

I wish more posts like these made it to the Blizz forums. Pages and pages of crap on a daily basis of whiney little kids and 40 year old working men that "don't have the time to do dailies".

ugh.

+10pts

Quote Originally Posted by Seltzers View Post
    I wish more posts like these made it to the Blizz forums. Pages and pages of crap on a daily basis of whiney little kids and 40 year old working men that "don't have the time to do dailies".

ugh.

+10pts
    Lol.

Mists is a great expansion. Best one imo. Not a day has gone by yet since release that I feel I haven't made some progress. My alts are suffering, but that's okay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I keep reading posts about how ppl hate this expansion and I just want it out there about how much it really has restored my faith in WoW. I have been playing since TBC and I loved Wrath but by the time Cata hit I quit for like a year because it was like they were handing us everything and I didn't have to work for anything. I'm not a super hardcore raider but I enjoy a challenge and that's what I got with MSV. It took me three weeks of raiding to down the stone guardians and yes it was frustrating but it just made me work harder and develop a better relationship with other guild raiders. Now when I first saw MOP... I'll admit I wasn't it's biggest fan with the Pandaren race but after trying other MMOs I wanted to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt and boy did they deliver! I love the story... the jade forest was amazing and I can't wait for 5.1. I just wanted to say great job Blizz and thank you!
    You obviously didnt play TBC then, because you would really think MoP is quite lackluster if you played TBC in its prime.

also: inb4 "rose colored goggles"

also: inb4 "haters gonna hate"

Join DateNov 2012
    Surprise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You obviously didnt play TBC then, because you would really think MoP is quite lackluster if you played TBC in its prime.

I think it's obvious that your opinion is the only correct one and that anyone who disagrees with you must be wrong.

I am reallly enjoying it too. and I HOPE blizz do not dumb down the raids. Yes my guild struggles with them. and so what? I don't want things to be handed to us like in Cata. Just let us keep the feeling of accomplishment, instead of "oh yay, this boss have been nerfed no wonder we could kill it"

Made by Visenna, TY<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Excepting the nerfs to guild perks (Cauldrons, feasts, quick and dead, mass summons) I love the expac. The raiding has been exceptional.

I was playing during TBC, and wile raid-wise it was good expansion, the story wasn't in slightest as good as the one in MoP. Besides MoP has to offer a lot of minor stuff to do, mini games, scenarios, etc.
    And I absolutely love how the story keeps progressing and we see it's consequences. I was never this excited about story since Wotlk.
    From blank slate which Pandaria was when it comes to Lore, developers used it's full potential and we see how rich it is now. Hard to dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how theres always something different in gameplay, from fast scenarios, quick fun and benefitial dungeons, diferrent and unique storylines (<3 klaxxi), to challengeing and unforgiveing challenge modes and probably the best Tier in this game since who knows how long, 16 bosses plus world bosses, and the obvious effort in putting patches at a faster rate (5.1 soon), something Cataclysm lacked hard. Hope it stays the same. And probably my favorite is the Lore and uniqueness of the envieroment.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    3 weeks to down the 1st boss (normal or HC)? I haven't downed it personally, but if i look to the other casual guilds out there I highly doubt it would take 3 weeks (most likely 2 nights max) unless your group sucks real hard.
    It's normal but we are on the third boss and raid only once a week since it's a newer guild.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaire View Post
    Surprise!!
    Mmhmm that's true I did register for the forums today. Usually I just read but I felt like voicing my opinion after reading everyone else's.

Honestly? People are bagging him or posting a positive opinion?

I second this sentiment. The raids are fun and interesting. There is a ton of stuff to do (not all of which I enjoy doing, but that's the nice thing about there being a ton of stuff to do). I hope they the expansion rolling. I am really excited that they decided to add a lot of mini-games (farmville, pet battles, the rare spawn game), and I hope they continue. Personally I would love to see a mario kart-esque game with the mounts.

10+ Year Old Account

Indeed. Everyone saying it's like tbc or tbc esque is mostly just having a wishful thinking attack. IT isn't, it isn't remotely close to that paradigm and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure why any of you think that they should try and go back to that. TBC had it's day, really ought to let sleeping dogs lie at this point. Sadly the developers seem to be committed to resurrecting that particular specter instead of doing something NEW or *shock* taking the game in an innovative direction.

I should also note that I find it funny that at precisely the moment of wows greatest triumph, it's ultimate return to TBC esqueness such threads like this are needed. The amount of ever growing discontent is palpable at this point and threads like this are cheer leading meant to drown out the chorus of angry customers. Give up your ghosts guys..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    Personally I would love to see a mario kart-esque game with the mounts.
    This. Or at the very least expand role club into a full fledged mini-game you can race against friends on.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Indeed. Everyone saying it's like tbc or tbc esque is mostly just having a wishful thinking attack. IT isn't, it isn't remotely close to that paradigm and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure why any of you think that they should try and go back to that. TBC had it's day, really ought to let sleeping dogs lie at this point. Sadly the developers seem to be committed to resurrecting that particular specter instead of doing something NEW or *shock* taking the game in an innovative direction.

I should also note that I find it funny that at precisely the moment of wows greatest triumph, it's ultimate return to TBC esqueness such threads like this are needed. The amount of ever growing discontent is palpable at this point and threads like this are cheer leading meant to drown out the chorus of angry customers. Give up your ghosts guys..
    Different people like different things. Just because you have an opinion about something doesn't mean everyone else, or even very many others, share the same opinion. As WoW's player base has aged, and Blizzard's stance on open feedback has continued, AND fansites have become so prevalent, people have complained more and more. It doesn't matter how good the content is, it will never be as good as TBC for the vocally negative people because that part of the community has become.

Pandaria is a great expansion. While TBC had its strengths, as did Wrath, and even Cata, Pandaria is fantastic. They gave the community a huge number of options, great raid fight design, beautiful, quality artwork, and compelling, original backstory. I agree with OP and appreciate the presence of a post that is expressing contentment with the game for once. If you don't agree with the post you're welcome to your opinion, but don't tell everyone how wrong they are for liking the game. You're welcome to your opinion just as much as the people who like the expac.