Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Oh how i miss Vanilla PvP

Grinding for months and months for Grand Marshal or High Warlord; Being a field marshal and watching your honor bar move little by little till the day you hold the GM Claymore while 90% of the warrior on server still have ice barbed spear or the unstoppable force.

now; any retard can pay some rbg group 200 usd for 2400 carry and get GM/HW title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok

pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPlictRoK8

maydie

Deleted
    yes, gone are the days when classes in PvP didn't burst eachother down in seconds like they are now...oh wait they did

I do miss the old title-system (though I only achieved stone guard myself). However the pvp-action in itself wasn't very fun. You had way too limited options in terms of abilities to use, and mana was way too limited when compared to warriors and rogues.

Also the gear mattered too much. You had to be a successful raider in order to succeed in pvp aswell (read succeed as in actually killing things. Getting honor/titles just required to you be there for the kill).

All in all I think late-wrath/mid-cata pvp was the best. Everything just seemed most balanced at those points.

However I do have a slight hunch telling me that you were in fact not playing back in vanilla. More like an enraged kid angry because your team can't achieve 2400 rating while you see other people buying it. I do feel your pain and understand why that upsets you, but that's another discussion. Just remember that pvp wasn't all that great back in vanilla, only the title-system.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Sorry but you can't global people with ice barb spear ( Rare AV ) or the unstoppable force ( Epic Mace ). You only get xtra proc from sword spec. I played vanilla on Kil Jaeden Alliance and only a handful of people had the gm claymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss 2h enhance shamans laying the law down with WF weapon

15+ Year Old Account
    Then again any retard could spend 14 hours a day on HW title back in Vanilla...

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

or you can come log in tich US ally and ill log on my Vanilla GM Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    Sorry but you can't global people with ice barb spear ( Rare AV ) or the unstoppable force ( Epic Mace ). You only get xtra proc from sword spec. I played vanilla on Kil Jaeden Alliance and only a handful of people had the gm claymore.
    ok... and your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Then again any retard could spend 14 hours a day on HW title back in Vanilla...
    too bad you're retarded ass couldn't do it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 01:38 PM ----------

about 5 warriors could global you. thats my point, not swifty shot macro with 100,000 people.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-06 at 09:49 PM.

lulz Vanilla pvp... Zandalarian Hero Charm + Talisman of Ephemeral Power + Arcane Power + PoM Frostbolt = 3 minute skill.

And your pointless no skill Grand Marshall waste of time didn't even matter when I had better gear from just doing BWL and wearing my hilarious mix of leather/mail/plate crit gear on my warrior with Ashkandi. And I think the pvp gear was completely and utterly worthless as soon as AQ40 came out and invalidated all of it (as if BWL dropping weapons already stronger than the GM weapons didn't).

At least show the classic pvp videos of Laintime youtube.com/watch?v=LFkSidbQu2o
    Last edited by Phanuel; 2012-11-06 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Vurtne and Grim showed tons of skills independent on massive gear difference. Their videos were the best and at the same time the most entertaining. They were ahead of their times, before arenas showed up.

Pat and Maydie relied on dispels, healers, massive gear difference and the ability to three shot people because of how strong warriors were back then.

Any ''retard'' back then could pay a guild to boost him and get some high level of pve gear and then go make a macro to 1-shot people.

WoW has moved from grinding to more skill based game.
    WoW is currently more balanced then it has ever been.
    PVP stats (resilience in TBC) was the best pvp decision made by Blizzard and I'm glad that blizzard didn't listen to mages who wanted resilience removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I miss 2h enhance shamans laying the law down with WF weapon
    My brother's friend played during vanilla and told me whenever people saw a shaman, they would crap their pants. lol.

Yeah buddy!

Deleted
    While Grim and Vurtne definitely made the best Classic PvP videos out there, this video is still the best after so many years:

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    Grinding for months and months for Grand Marshal or High Warlord; Being a field marshal and watching your honor bar move little by little till the day you hold the GM Claymore while 90% of the warrior on server still have ice barbed spear or the unstoppable force.

now; any retard can pay some rbg group 200 usd for 2400 carry and get GM/HW title.

maydie
    The Rank 13-14 PvP grind back in Classic was by no means a small feat, but not one earned only by the most skilled players. On my server there were no less than 2 High Warlords who were either bots, or people without working digits and relied on smashing their elbows or foreheads into buttons to PvP (talking about a mage who specced 2/5 improved arcane explosion). There was no skill requirement, only the necessary amount of time to pour into queuing bgs nonstop, or having an AV pre-made with 20 mages in which to finish the oh-so-revered never ending Alterac Valley in 20 minutes or less.

and if you want to watch a real pvp video (and of course watch the other 3 parts):

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the guy in the best pve gear raping your face? Or the rogue that could stun lock you for hours if he felt like it? Or how about the mage that could sheep you forever? Or the AVs that went on so long you never finshed them? Or the hundreds of hours it took to get a rank? /facepalm
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I miss naked rogues running around killing me too! That was sooooo fun!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

BC PvP was way better than Vanilla or any other expansion...