Garolon quick question

Since this boss only deals aoe damage, rogues look like good tanks here. But it also looks like, with the cone going out every 8 seconds, that a rogue doing this won't be getting much use out of blade flurry. Is that right?

I ask because I suspect our highest damage config will be having me as a cone tanker along with our dedicated tank, while having our offtank go dps and run around eating those legs. So if that proscribes me being on legs, I want to bring muti reforges tonight, but otherwise I'll be sure to get combat going.

We did it with a rogue and a ret paladin "tanking" (soaking rather). You can soak the cone and hit legs at the same time.

50/50 chance. If one of the legs on the front are up, you can hit them & cleave. If one of the legs on the back are up, you cannot.

Ok, that's a pretty compelling argument for combat. I assume I stand just inside the frontal circles, which puts me in melee range of the leg, and flurry to the boss, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Ok, that's a pretty compelling argument for combat. I assume I stand just inside the frontal circles, which puts me in melee range of the leg, and flurry to the boss, right?
    That's correct.

We had issues with our actual real tank disconnecting during our progress runs and when he did, our offtank and raid leader would panic and yell on mumble for me to soak the swipes. It's not that difficult to be in a circle and in range of the leg while still being able to soak the swipes.

Politely ask your raid if you can have the front legs though (or yell them to get the hell away from them since you have all the right to), your damage as a Combat Rogue is going to be 10 times better than the rest of the raid.

This is because the damage I do to the leg gets multiplied because of the buff I have, and then put on the boss, correct? So there shouldn't even be dot cleave on the front legs?

Hi, anyone able to advise do rogue need to stand between the legs and body for BF to hit both the legs and body or we can stand at the outer layer of the legs?
    Thx in advance.

This is because the damage I do to the leg gets multiplied because of the buff I have, and then put on the boss, correct? So there shouldn't even be dot cleave on the front legs?
    Well that depends. If you are ever running out of legs, no one but people with actual cleaves should touch them. Multi dotting the leg and the boss is probably better than just some one focusing a leg because there is only so much damage you can do to legs anyway (assuming they are multi dotting it from within the circle).

Quote Originally Posted by lmy82 View Post
    Hi, anyone able to advise do rogue need to stand between the legs and body for BF to hit both the legs and body or we can stand at the outer layer of the legs?
    Thx in advance.
    You pretty much need to be in the inside part of the circle of the leg.

Deleted
    Exactly.

Every time a leg dies he takes 6% of his health in damage so it's not like damage on the legs is completely wasted, but considering you as a Combat Rogue can easily take the legs on your own and mirror all the damage (which is doubled) to the boss itself just makes you the focus in the raid, and the rest of the raid should let you do your thing.

This was the log from our kill, you can easily see how strong Combat Rogues really are on this fight. And that's without proper Combat gear as well.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=9256&e=9599

I don't know how difficult heroic Geralon is but I can see top 25 man guilds aiming for world firsts simply stacking loads of Combat Rogues.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-11-06 at 08:52 PM.

I think its 3% of his hp unless for some reason that is changed on 10m. Probably not coincidentally, at least on 25m, the legs each have 3% of the amount of hp he has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I think its 3% of his hp unless for some reason that is changed on 10m. Probably not coincidentally, at least on 25m, the legs each have 3% of the amount of hp he has.
    Oh really?
    Maybe I am confused with 25 man. I do remember counting how often legs died and adding those up didn't quite turn out correctly. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    We did it with a rogue and a ret paladin "tanking" (soaking rather). You can soak the cone and hit legs at the same time.
    I wonder who that rogue might be , he sounds like a cool guy.

ps : you are hot tank brewery for us tonight please?;x