Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I just unlucky?

I've been constantly hearing people moan about how they only get useless legendaries and all that. Meanwhile I'm just not finding ANY.

Throughout the whole game from normal- finishing inferno MP 3 , I got exactly 1 Legendary. Is that normal? Not that it matters now since i finished inferno and i'm not sure if i should keep playing,but just curious.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is something called a hotspot IP game. It is a rare game ID you get. It is similiar to Diablo 2 IPs with most sojs sold. It has higher drop chance for loot and stuff. I was amazed myself that they put it in the game. I tried it myself, joined some guys, guess what? I got a legendary of the first few rare packs. The other guy in the group ended also with a legendary. The third got his later on, but yes, you just have to find the right game. How to do so? I honestly have no clue atm. Must ask him. But that's how it works, if you're on the lucky IP server you get better loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    There is something called a hotspot IP game. It is a rare game ID you get. It is similiar to Diablo 2 IPs with most sojs sold. It has higher drop chance for loot and stuff. I was amazed myself that they put it in the game. I tried it myself, joined some guys, guess what? I got a legendary of the first few rare packs. The other guy in the group ended also with a legendary. The third got his later on, but yes, you just have to find the right game. How to do so? I honestly have no clue atm. Must ask him. But that's how it works, if you're on the lucky IP server you get better loot.
    Notsureifserious.jpeg

Post constructively, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-06 at 02:12 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Notsureifserious.jpeg
    Exactly, this is the problem. Notsureifserious.jpeg. Go troll someone else, yes I am serious of course. Search it up. Blizzard has always been doing hidden stuff such as this on Diablo games, why stop now? Seriously, shoo..

--REMOVED--

Don't post exploits
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-06 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    @OP just keep at it your time will come!

Exactly, this is the problem. Notsureifserious.jpeg. Go troll someone else, yes I am serious of course. Search it up. Blizzard has always been doing hidden stuff such as this on Diablo games, why stop now? Seriously, shoo..

--REMOVED--
    Wow you are serious...not sure what to say that won't get me infracted, guess you're one of those guys that believed that having your priest start the raid and having you pally entering walking backwards would give more warrior loot as well.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-06 at 02:15 PM.

Pure random. When D3 launched, I looted 2 lowbie legendaries on was it 2nd or 3rd day. Then didnt get another drop after longer time.

You could loot that perfect rolled item that sells for more than 500 million gold right now, or you might never see anything good inn many hours of played.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

First of all you need MF. I would suggest to sit around 300+ MF, its easy to get 300 MF, with Paragon levels and Valor stacks. Remember you have to do mp1 or higher if you wan't to find the best items on act1 or act2. Im personally running act3 mp2, not too hard, and not too easy with my gear. I started a week ago, and i have already found a bunch of Legendarys. My first drop was a Nats armor that sold for 50m, and the next day i got a pair of Blackthornes legs that sold for 80m, yesterday i got som Vile Wards with 20mf, still waiting for them to sell.

Just be patient, don't always expect a legendary to drop, its acutally more fun if you just kill shit and sometimes you're lucky. Its just annoying if you keep saying to youself ''This pack drops something, come on' cause most of the time you don't get shit. So the suprise factor when you find a legendary is acutally quite fun. Sometimes you don't find anything, other days you find alot of stuff. One of my friends found around 33 legendarys one day, he played for like 10-12 hours

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Wow you are serious...not sure what to say that won't get me infracted, guess you're one of those guys that believed that having your priest start the raid and having you pally entering walking backwards would give more warrior loot as well.
    I lold, because it sounded like that too. I never liked when people thought they had Magic Raid ID powers. So silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    First of all you need MF. I would suggest to sit around 300+ MF
    Uhh..no, don't do that. If you aren't seeing legendaries then you are just on a bad streak. Don't gimp yourself with MF gear when you could be increasing your dps to do higher MP levels. That translates to more everything for you: gold, xp, loot, etc.

Even when I was farming MP0-1 I would see at least 1 legendary a night in about 2 runs of Act III halfway through.

Deleted
    The IP "exploit" has had varied results for many and is most likely just BS.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had enough of this tin foil hat and dammit Alyssa lol getting yourself infracted. This is merely false understand? I've done the d1-d3 thing for god sakes but I will remove that til foil hat for the sake of bringing false information to this site though.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/page__st__6/

Loot Servers Are A Myth
    Lylirra has confirmed that there is no such thing as "loot servers", at least by their design.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Oh, yes. That theory.

While there are a number of factors which can influence what kind of loot you get (Magic Find, MP level, # of NV stacks, etc), they're all character-based. Which server you play on -- or what game you join -- doesn't really have any bearing on your likelihood of seeing a Legendary item drop.

Sure, you might have an easier time farming some games than others based on what monsters spawn, which means you'll probably progress a little faster and kill more things (killing more things = more chances for loot to drop), but that's about it.

Thanks for the input Lylirra, what about if your dead when they die? also what about if your in town?
    In order to be eligible for loot or experience you need to either a) tag the monster in combat or B) be in proximity when the monster dies.

So, you could technically hit a monster, die, TP back to town and flirt with Leah a bit, and you'd still be eligible for loot when that monster dies (even if it dies when you're not nearby). Similarly, you could charge in headlong into combat ahead of your friends, die before they get there, and when your friends saunter up and kick the monster's bucket, you'd all be eligible for any loot the monster drops.

The blues are simply reporting the coders' solemn belief that they correctly executed the design they were given. Of course, just because the coders believe they successfully implemented the design team's vision doesn't mean that they did. If that were the case, there wouldn't be bugs. But there are.
    It certainly possible there may be an issue we're unaware of. If that's the case, players need to post in the Bug Report forum and provide as much evidence as possible so we can investigate.

The design intent, however, is as I stated before.

If you hadnt put that "really" in your statement you could have squashed a rumour right there.....but now its still open to interpretation.
    The "really" applies to this statement in my post:

Sure, you might have an easier time farming some games than others based on what monsters spawn, which means you'll probably progress a little faster and kill more things (killing more things = more chances for loot to drop), but that's about it.
    Quiet with the myths good god people. There are no hot spots none zero you just play and play and play and play, Sometimes I get 5-6 run sometimes I don't get anything It's just how it is in other words

RNG is RNG please accept that.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-06 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I've had enough of this tin foil hat and dammit Alyssa lol getting yourself infracted.
    Mehh it's the risk we take some times, I don't get that many so it's no biggie.

Deleted
    I only found a few Legendaries in all the time it took me to level all classes to 60. And pretty much all of them sucked as well.

However, now with patch 1.05 I'm doing Act 3 MP2 runs with my Paragon lvl 24 Barbarian and now I get a Legendary once every 1 or 2 runs.

Magic Find seems to be the deciding factor and it makes sense. Now I'm running with 228% MF (including NV). I'm sure other people have more, but I'm really noticing the increased quality in drops and the likelyness for Legendary items to drop.

So yeah, get some Magic Find. Easiest way is to level past 60. Get a build that can do fast runs instead of a heavily defensive build.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    So the suprise factor when you find a legendary is acutally quite fun. Sometimes you don't find anything, other days you find alot of stuff.
    I have lower than 300 MF, even with NV. However, multiple times now I've found more than 1 Legendary per run. And like you said, other times I don't find any.

Anyway, once you're able to do quick runs with a good number of MF, it becomes more fun. At least you get that little surprise Legendary every now and then to keep it interesting. And if you don't find anything good, at least you're leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you guys mentioned running A1 inferno with MP1 on for magic find, I was wondering how much harder MP1 is vs MP0. I cleared MP0 with out issues since the patch and was wondering if my WD would be able to clear A1 MP1 Inferno on hardcore. I would not be running with MF gear. Would I be better off getting to A3 and running A3 MP0?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loyrl-1904/

Edit: I remember post patch almost dying a few times in A1 inferno, now it is very easy to clear.
    Last edited by Loyrl; 2012-11-06 at 08:26 PM.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are looking for best xp and chance at items for your buck, A3 MP0 is where it is at.

Loot servers may be a myth, but it really points in that direction, because everytime I have a 'good' game, I get a decent amount of loot, whereas most are crap and nothing drops.

You guys are giving Blizzard a *lot* of credit.

First off, just because a blue (whose job is lowly customer service) says it's not in the game doesn't mean it factually 100% isn't. Blues are pretty low in the Blizzard heirarchy, and information comes with rank. And who knows, a single rogue coder might have done it without anyone noticing.

Second, even if it isn't intentional, it could still be in the game due to coder error. I think I read somewhere that coders average a typo / mistake every 20 lines of code. D3 probably has tens of millions of lines of code.

Last, it wouldn't be without precedent. WoW loot was (is?) seeded by the first character to enter a zone. And there were loot servers in D2.

I'm not saying it's definitely 100% confirmed true (in fact, my own small amount of testing has shown it not to be), I'm only pointing out that you're asserting that this isn't true when in reality you don't know.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-11-07 at 02:51 AM.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    WoW loot was (is?) seeded by the first character to enter a zone.
    Pure myth, all these theories are, at least until some one actually proves one of them with substantial data to back he's claims up.

Okay I know I'm asking about wow, but bear with me, since I find the loot thingie interesting.

Back in TBC I heard about people fishing for Glavies in BT, by going into the instance late at night, when nobody on server with glavies were online. If they couldent link it, with some loot addon, it was likely to drop inn that ID.

Was that for real back then?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

i found like 30+ legendries in the past 3 days ( total played time like 10 hours~).

anyways 29 of them were brimstones and 1 of them put up for 2m.

Legendries blow for me