Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why do people like Sylvanas?

Sylvanas is one of Warcraft's most popular characters, and I can't figure out why. Her record as a leader isn't very impressive. She doesn't have a great fondness for her people. She's lost much of her character depth. The only thing I can gather is that she's considered 'hawt'.

Can anyone help me out?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

She was the catalyst that allowed the Forsaken to break the mind control the Lich King held over them. Without her, there would be no Forsaken, just more Scourge.

I like her because I mainly play undead and because she's a foil to Thrall, who I like as well but for different reasons, in their leadership styles.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

She has boobs, thats the only reason. If Sylvanas was a man, then nobody would like her/him

I hated her, despised her in WC3, delighted in her torture by arthas. Then she kinda grew on me as I leveled an undead. But then, that story of sylvanas came out, about how she didn't really care for her people, how she was just using them as a tool to destroy arthas, and that kinda brought her back down (even with her suicide revelation/resurrection)

Now I'm kinda...eh.

I'd like her if she wasn't such a bitch to me. Horde leaders are mean ; _ ;
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    She was the catalyst that allowed the Forsaken to break the mind control the Lich King held over them. Without her, there would be no Forsaken, just more Scourge.

I like her because I mainly play undead and because she's a foil to Thrall, who I like as well but for different reasons, in their leadership styles.
    The Lich King's waning power allowed the Forsaken to break free. Hell, even if she DID allow them to break free, what is trading one master for another? She's made it clear she cares little for the safety or well being of the Forsaken as long as they're serving her needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    She tends to troll the Alliance playerbase pretty efficiently. That's something.

But no, she's always been a fairly good character imo. That she happens to be an evil monster doesn't disallow her that; she's one of the few major characters in WoW who have remained consistent and true to form since their inception. Things are always more interesting when she shows up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The Lich King's waning power allowed the Forsaken to break free. Hell, even if she DID allow them to break free, what is trading one master for another? She's made it clear she cares little for the safety or well being of the Forsaken as long as they're serving her needs.
    yet the needs she is using them for, securing Lorderon, isnt really "bad" for the Forsaken people

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 12:43 AM ----------

Her record as a leader isn't very impressive. t?
    She gave the Forsaken a place to call home.
    She satisfied the Forsaken lust for vengance against Arthas
    And now she has given them a new purpose in fighting for their right to live and for their home.

Seems impressive enough to me
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Because I adore the Forsaken, and I adore the direction they were taken in during Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she has some sexy curves.

I like the forsaken, I like her, and I hate Garrosh. Pretty much sums it up. Oh, and DAT ASS since apparently everyone who likes Sylvanas spanks it to pixels or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is the only leader that has changed races several times. First she was a high elf, then a banshee, then she was an undead high elf, then an undead night elf, then an undead high elf again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yet the needs she is using them for, securing Lorderon, isnt really "bad" for the Forsaken people

She gave the Forsaken a place to call home.
    She satisfied the Forsaken lust for vengance against Arthas
    And now she has given them a new purpose in fighting for their right to live and for their home.

Seems impressive enough to me
    The Forsaken earned their home back themselves. I don't know where this idea that Sylvanas did it all by herself came from.

She did jack shit against Arthas. The Forsaken were, by and far, the most useless faction in the Northrend campaign. They were more of a hindrance than anything - thanks to Sylvanas' reckless manufacturing of biological weaponry and misplaced trust in a demon.

As for giving them purpose, she certainly has. They are allowed the privilege of dying for her!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I like the forsaken, I like her, and I hate Garrosh.
    Yet they are somewhat similar. They both are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their aims
    Though Sylvannas probably uses more clever tactics while Garrosh uses more brute force
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

she was hot in wc3 and an uber slut in wow, what's there not to like

She's a long-standing character that has yet to go crazy and be killed off, like so many others. I think many WoW players who also played Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne have a fondness for many of the characters still alive in World of Warcraft today. Sylvanas is perhaps especially loved because, as stated above, she has had a bit more depth than some other characters and has stayed mostly true to her visions.

Except Frosaken have a choice. That choice is, admittedly, serve or die, but I'll take that choice over mind control. Her goals align with my own, why would I not serve the Banshee Queen.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I'm consistent. I like Sylvanas, and I like Garrosh. I like Horde leaders that don't act prissy, and can speak proper English.

Deleted
    She has character.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken earned their home back themselves. I don't know where this idea that Sylvanas did it all by herself came from.
    She didnt do all of it with her own 2 hands, but it was by her leadership and orders that the Forsaken were able to
    Pretty much the same with every battle/war, with every General and the armies they lead

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    She is the only leader that has changed races several times. First she was a high elf, then a banshee, then she was an undead high elf, then an undead night elf, then an undead high elf again.
    I miss when she was the Bouncy Dark Lady.