Wind Lord Mel'jarak and wind bombs on ranged?

Does he throw wind bombs on classes spec'd as ranged/healers or is it distance based + you need a minimum number of people out so he doesn't throw one in melee? (Like Majordomo) Or does he throw them on anyone no matter what?

My 25m is trying to figure out some inconsistencies we had last night with the wind bombs, it seemed pretty random, or someone just f'd up and didn't admit it.
    Moo.

He throws them at ranged only if there are enough out there. We stacked in melee for a few of his AoEs and had to move for bombs right after, but otherwise they just went to ranged.

Fights don't use the "X people outside of Y range" mechanic anymore. Things designated for ranged targets now select them based on their spec. You can have 20 people at range but if a mage decides to stand in melee, they can get hit with something. For these purposes, every ranged DPS and healer is considered "ranged", except for Mistweaver Monks who are always considered as melee.

What about rain of arrows though? I've been hit by it as a mistweaver (me alone) while standing at range, which makes me not want to go into melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    What about rain of arrows though? I've been hit by it as a mistweaver (me alone) while standing at range, which makes me not want to go into melee range.
    Rain of Arrows will hit melee classes if they're at range too.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Fights don't use the "X people outside of Y range" mechanic anymore. Things designated for ranged targets now select them based on their spec. You can have 20 people at range but if a mage decides to stand in melee, they can get hit with something. For these purposes, every ranged DPS and healer is considered "ranged", except for Mistweaver Monks who are always considered as melee.
    So I gotta find the stupid that's in melee. Need to comb over some logs me thinks.
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    So I gotta find the stupid that's in melee. Need to comb over some logs me thinks.
    You could always get failbot and annoy the hell out of your raid. Or you could recruit raiders that don't lie.