Poll: Are you in favor of keeping Cats or Dogs?

Thread: Cats or Dogs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Where's the "both" or "either" option?
    Given the scenario described in the first post, such options would be generous, to say the least.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as they are cooked properly, dosnt matter for me

10+ Year Old Account
    It's currently 50% for dogs and 50% for cats.

wish they would breed a cat that looks like a miniture lion, would be so cool.

Deleted
    Cats, pets with character, they won't bow to humans will, if they not wish to, although they know for sure they will be punished, I respect that. I don't need blind purely instinctive loyality of a dog.

Deleted
    Why do people like cats? I really don't understand when you compare them to dogs.

Cats are cold and they couldn't care if you live or die.
    Dogs are made for man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Why do people like cats? I really don't understand when you compare them to dogs.

Cats are cold and they couldn't care if you live or die.
    Dogs are made for man.
    That statement is wrong. Aaand there you have your answer.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Given the scenario described in the first post, such options would be generous, to say the least.
    I've taken to a bad habit of ignoring an OP in a poll. I figured this for another "cats or dogs" thread. I mean, that's what it essentially is, but it seems they're going in a weird roundabout way of deciding the general opinion of this forum.

This is the single hardest question in the world for me to answer. I would probably go with dogs, but I would feel horrible either way. Dogs, bigger ones especially, seem less hit or miss than cats. Some cats are absolutely adorable pets, and others seem to be wild and unfriendly no matter how hard you try. Dogs are pretty much a sure thing if you want a good, loyal companion, except that some of the smaller or younger ones can be a bit too needy.

Deleted
    Do not touch my cats!

As much as I love my 3 cats (most of the time, anyway), my dog is muh bro. Would keep dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    After much deliberation - bye bye puppies, you had a good run.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    dogs, a well trained dog can come with you everywhere, doesn't claw you or bite while your petting it. cats have good quality's of course but you compare my lovely cat to a dog, dog wins though i do love her. she'll bite you when she just asked you to pet her then expect you to start petting her again, leaps off of you causing scratches on on whatever area she decided best to jump off of. she also loves to jump off the door many times in the early morning. she can be loving and nice but she usually ruins the moment with a nip lol.

dogs has some negatives of course, especially if they aren't trained. but all around i would say dogs. its like the cat owns you and with dogs your more like friends. in my exp.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Deleted
    I would keep cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do not like dogs, and I very much love cats, dogs have more real world applications than cats do (ie drug sniffing dogs, search and rescue dogs, seeing eye dogs). However, if it was only pets, I'd save cats every time.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like cats, but I can't live in a world without dogs. A lab, beagle, or retriever can brighten even my shittiest of shitty days. I literately turn into a sniveling bitch, speaking in embarrassing baby-talk when I see a breed I like. It is not attractive.

It was 69 to 69 and I just want everyone to know that I was the tie breaker. I did it. It was me. My vote counted the most and that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

I would keep dogs. Domestic cats are useless, at least dogs have a purpose.

Dogs actually have a function, obviously dogs can stay. I think everybody who voted cats are just drugrunners who don't want to get arrested at the airport. Bunch of crackheads!!!
    Dogs up by 1 btw.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not surprised its a close poll lol

im a dog person, ive had a couple cats growing up that i was very very fond of, but the dogs' companionship ive had over the past 25 years has been remarkable. i had a golden retriever for 15 years. my dad brought him home one day when i was around 10 and i had to put him down a few years ago. call it sad but this dog ment so much to me i had him cremated.

i now have a yellow lab/golden retriever mix who is taking his predecessors place very well. i was skeptical about getting another dog and decided that i wanted to wait a year or two, but a few months after golden retriever had to be put down my brother showed up with a puppy for my bday and i couldnt refuse.

i like to refer to him as "amazingly worthless" lol

I have a cat and I love my baby, but if I had to pick one or the other I'd save the dogs. The whole love and loyalty thing makes them pretty awesome.