Thread: LFR and Garalon

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just did it, 3 attempts. Win happened with the following steps:

1) Dotted circles = GOOD
    2) Purple circle = BAD
    3) Don't stand in FRONT of boss unless you're a tank
    4) Assign 2 people to handle pheromones and initiate pull.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I think I'll have to round up my guildies for this it sounds.
    Make sure a few of them are healers, You aren't going to save the majority of the raid being spammed ''Crush'' due to people STANDING IN PURPLE circle's

/breaks blood vessel

Just learn to kite the pheramones and you'll do fine. RANGED DPS OR HEALERS kite it to 10 stacks then trade off, go around the outer edge of the area, kite slowly etc. Its amazing if you can find one other person to do this with, you don't even have to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Make sure a few of them are healers, You aren't going to save the majority of the raid being spammed ''Crush'' due to people STANDING IN PURPLE circle's
    /breaks blood vessel
    You sound just like my guildmaster who was raidleading last day.
    Considering he is German, the incoming rage was quite hilarious.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You sound just like my guildmaster who was raidleading last day.
    Considering he is German, the incoming rage was quite hilarious.
    I'd probably have a heart attack trying to raid lead, I haven't done that in a very very long time. It was that bad =/ like not a single LFR in cataclysm was this bad and I participated every week mind you

None of it can compare of how terrible people are at mechanics

LFR Spine and LFR DW have nothing on this and even LFR Ultraixion ( Lol bad tanks )

It was.... arg frustrating to the very core of my existence in the game and I don't even pvE more I just wanted a chance at the helm off the boss =/ cause it looks awesome. Like I have never ever been this frustrated in LFR

.. Barfs

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 2/6 queue and proceeded to one shot the boss, even got the chestpiece and a sigil too. It took 9 minutes though to kill him, because people wouldn't stop making him do his crush...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    snip snippity
    We've been blessed with mediocre raiding power but theres so many baddies out there (and raiding guilds ofcourse).
    Don't let it get to you, prevail and thy shall have your helmet!

p.s; dat cutie avatar @w@

10+ Year Old Account
    After my third wipe, one of the tanks started raging about how one of the range kept pulling the boss and that he couldn't get aggro. Later, we got someone who was either an idiot, or a troll, or most likely both. He'd chase the person with pheromones to get the debuff, then run it into the melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Just did it, 3 attempts. Win happened with the following steps:

1) Dotted circles = GOOD
    2) Purple circle = BAD
    This is exactly what my group did and we got it first try. Someone just posted literally almost exactly what you just said in raid and though there were a few ppl still standing in purple we were able to get through it (I didn't even read up on the fight before hand so I didn't even know what they did, but I listened and stayed out of it :P).

I'm really glad I grabbed some guildies and went and 1-shot every boss today, that sounds horrible.
    Last edited by Exac; 2012-11-07 at 06:06 AM. Reason: spelling

I've wiped 4 times so far on the trash right before the first boss.. Tanks kept getting themselves killed and the ranged kept pulling the damn boss, I quit at that point. Didnt even down the first boss and im already annoyed. I can only imagine how bad garalon is.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 the tanks who tries to straight up tank the boss... then rage over the lack of heals. Or the entirety of the melees standing dead center of the boss and declaring the raid is bad... Garalon is going to be seeing a pretty hefty nerf in LFR this week imo.

It really wasn't that hard. I was expecting worse. It took us 2 wipes before a kill.

1) Dotted circles = GOOD
    2) Purple circle = BAD

Works well and you just sidestep around the edges of the room.

I had an absolute blast in LFR tonight. Had my share of wipes (10 total I think?) on garalon, but eventually a group in lfr stuck together, myself and another hunter coordinated the pheremone swaps, life was good! I just wish people wouldn't leave over one wipe is all. But all in all I give blizzard kudos on this fight- the first time in a long time I've had a blast with LFR/LFD

My group one shotted it, guess i was lucky =3
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Urgh, exactly what I feared with Garalon. Cuz moving out of a circle is srs hard buisness. :/

I think I'll just go with the fav tactic for LFRetards, if ppl want to ignore tactics and advice and attempt to wipe the raid, they don't deserve heals.

Purple circle does like no damage at all in LFR.... Don't really see the issue. Hell I was running into the circle ON PURPOSE sometimes so that garalon would stop and the kiter could get out of a corner or something. It barely did any damage. Pheromones is what wipes LFR raids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I did it with 25 guildies. We didn't even use vent. Compared to Normal-mode, LFR Garalon is a joke.

Don't stand under boss, swap Pheromones at 20 stacks, Profit.
    Are you absolutely retarded? We are talking about 25 random people in a group here. Yes I bet me and 24 other guildies can do it as well.

BUT WAIT GUISE, HE DIDNT EVEN USE VENT!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    the real problem is that this boss offers no items for resto shamans and just a useless offhand for elementals... terrible loot table.
    But this is a good thing.... I'd rather do a few extra HCs to cap Valor if I can just leave after the 2nd boss every time

A big problem a lot of people don't realize, is that a lot of people don't even read it when people say things in raid chat. Spam the hell out of raid warnings. Most fails are because of that. Not really in so much as people playing badly. People at least have to be somewhat spacially aware to have the item level to be there at this point anyways. But some people just flat out don't pay attention, don't read, and won't talk at all.

There's also the group that their first response is to insult and attack, rather than help, that causes a good bit of problems. I HOPE it's not nerfed. I want more things like this, since I don't actually raid, and would like something with at least a modicum of reasonable challenge. The first time I tried it, the group wiped a few times, then fell apart, second time, wiped a few times, fell apart, third time, wiped a few times, then some people explained it to everyone in simple terms, had a few people not listen, we wiped again, then after the next time, they explained again, used raid warnings and whatnot, and some other stuff, and made sure everyone was listening. We did it with only single person's death.