Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Anyone that bring's real life into a fantasy mmo need's their head checked
    And....Sorry pal it's a game it does not apply take your war politics elsewere...
    Well thinking that normal courtesy and decency have no place in a game makes you more a person who needs his head checked.
    Of course the two worlds are different but that does not mean they are worlds apart
    Just like I personally feel it's not normal to just harass or insult people in real life, I don;t think it's OK ingame either....
    Which goes to show that some stuff does or should pass over from real to game world.
    And seriously? Getting enjoyment out of ganking a lowbie? That's not PVP that's PVTD (Player versus Target Dummy). ANd one who gets his enjoyment out of making other people's life miserable? That's a sadist.... and someone who needs his head checked.
    PVP can be fun if you are somewhat similar. I have had my ass handed to me on many occassion because I suck at PVP, but can still say I enjoyed the ones I did with people of similar level even though they kicked my ass. Being defeated and attacked on a PVP server is not the issue. Having fun is or being denied it....
    The day they implement a system where you cannot attack another player 5 levels below you unless they attack first/too, is the day when I woill consider coming back to a PVP server.
    Or even not being able to attack a target for at least 5 minutes or so if you killed him before and he is say 5 levels lower. Ganking/corpse camping lowbies is the nail in the coffin of fun. ANd ultimately will kill PVP server populations and in the end numbers.
    Until then, World PVP is meaningless.
    Last edited by velde046; 2012-11-07 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hate's dictionary police

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    And THAT, my friend, can also be said about these forums? Remember another thread where you went into a tantrum about things people never said, invented posts, insulting everybody with another idea than you have and even threatening them? That you are still allowed to post here is a miracle.
    138 posts.

Did all that.

Still posting and insulting freely.

Doesn't take rocket science to figure what's up and up.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    some really downright retarded opinions in this thread,
    and yet another dumb argument creating thread for spamnub op

gank and pvp all u want, but camp or grief lowbies- thats when u become a massive dick(bully, w/e).

"red its dead" repliers, same old shit, get a better argument, no1 here is saying the odd gank is bad
    but when someone decides to camp lowbie zones to grief and cause hassle,

thats when ppl get mad, because it is sad.
    It is wrong, pvpserver or not. If u go out of ur way to annoy others,
    then u should be steralised to prevent passing on ur sick ideals to another generation ...

ok prolly too harsh, but at least warned/temp banned for antisocial and dickish actions,
    that ruin other players playing time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You can not serve two masters faithfully.

I don't roll Horde toons, because doing so I might learn to like Horde, and then become a problem for Alliance when my loyalty is compromised. I am 100% Alliance, as well as my sis.

It's one, if not the worst thing Blizzard did to PvP in WoW, period. It creates mischief and zero faction loyalty.

If you're going to fight for a cause, do so 100%. Otherwise, wash up and go home you're not a team player.
    its not a `cause` its a side on a video game, you have serious mental issues it seems not being able to tell the difference between the two.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:48 PM ----------

138 posts.

Did all that.

Still posting and insulting freely.

maybe because I only insult people who deserve it? the self righteous dickheads like yourselves. I couldnt care less If I am banned I will be back even if your ip banned all it takes is 30 secs in router config and I can switch my ip, or post through a proxy or whatever I like. My question is why are you trying to get me banned because you dont like my tone? do you not belive in free speech? or is that only for people who aggree with you?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    some really downright retarded opinions in this thread,
    and yet another dumb argument creating thread for spamnub op

gank and pvp all u want, but camp or grief lowbies- thats when u become a massive dick(bully, w/e).

"red its dead" repliers, same old shit, get a better argument, no1 here is saying the odd gank is bad
    but when someone decides to camp lowbie zones to grief and cause hassle,

thats when ppl get mad, because it is sad.
    It is wrong, pvpserver or not. If u go out of ur way to annoy others,
    then u should be steralised to prevent passing on ur sick ideals to another generation ...

ok prolly too harsh, but at least warned/temp banned for antisocial and dickish actions,
    that ruin other players playing time.
    Most of the people ive ever camped have brought it upon themselves by whispering me on a same faction character because they couldnt take being ganked.....my attitude to that is theyre plainly just asking for more as they are the ones continuing the issue. so there is nothing dickish about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:51 PM ----------

Do you think I care about an internet tough guy who butchers the English language in almost every post?

If you don't have pride in even how to communicate, don't be surprised if folks don't care what you sprout.
    First of all internet tough guy? who was the one calling everyone who pvped in wow chickenshit yesterday simply because they didnt play your game of choice? I speak my mind is all maybe your confusing that because your not used to being told when your talking like a dickhead........and you plainly care about my posts because you keep replying to my posts now dont you? as for my language this is the mmo champion forums not an english exam, im not anal enough to care what people think of my language in such a situation.
    Last edited by mmocd06d636042; 2012-11-07 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well thinking that normal courtesy and decency have no place in a game makes you more a person who needs his head checked
    Hang on a second let me clear this up from my end
    I gank on a level 70 twink only in 65-75 zones
    I do have decency I have never killed a level 10 over and over ....Ok I have sapped a few just to let them know I am around :P

All I am stating is that people take this game far too serious and that comparing real life situations with an MMO fantasy game is pretty damn silly (Kid Stuff)

No offence but that's my point of view ....It's just a game and people that think otherwise need to stop playing or find another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Yep, now we know what's up...
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    ...Yep, now we know what's up...
    with you? yes we do, youve made 2193 posts here im pretty sure people know how bad your attitude is by now :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post

Most of the people ive ever camped have brought it upon themselves by whispering me on a same faction character because they couldnt take being ganked.....my attitude to that is theyre plainly just asking for more as they are the ones continuing the issue. so there is nothing dickish about it.
    the fact that u were whispered before camping implies u were alrdy doing something questionable .
    Like camping for rezzes so u can face stomp someone at 50% hp.
    ur response and reasoning behind ur "solution" is the definition of being dickish

"this guy i keep killing whispered me, derrrrp, better kill him some more now cos he deserves it!1"
    logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why people looking for world pvp dont just do it where people are doing dailies. Why pick on low levels that will probably just log off and go play their ps3. I dont mind being killed once or twice, bu corpse camping is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But you knew the consequences of rolling on the PvP server, yet you decided to ignore them and do so anyway. You found a guild on the PvP server and decided to attach yourself to it. That was a choice you and your wife made. How is it someone else's fault because they decide to engage in pvp combat and you didnt want to?

Im sorry that your wife was frustrated where she began to cry because of it, thats unfortunate but kind of sad at the same time to cry over a game.. Did you ever think to do some battle grounds to get some pvp gear to defend yourself out in the open world? It would have helped quite a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:49 PM ----------

PvP on a PvP server, working as intended. And yeah, the solution would be to log off and get on another toon. Afterall they did CHOOSE to roll a pvp server.
    I've always played on a PvP server, mainly because of the guilds I joined. I never really liked PvP, but I never had a problem being ganked once or twice either.

The main concern of people, is when you start getting corps ganked when you are trying to level, by a person that is higher level than you. If you're not into PvP, you are less likely to have a character able to fight it off. That means that one other person is destroying your whole mood and day just because he sucks at PvP so much he has to kill low levels.

If you kill a lowbie once, that's fine. But don't corps gank people that are 10+ levels below you, it just shows that you are bad at PvP and that you should go to a PvE realm your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post

All I am stating is that people take this game far too serious and that comparing real life situations with an MMO fantasy game is pretty damn silly (Kid Stuff)

No offence but that's my point of view ....It's just a game and people that think otherwise need to stop playing or find another game.
    I think the problem with the argument of "It's just a game" is that it conveiently ignores the fact that there are real people behind those pretty little toons. And that "Excessive" camping isn't about "ohh I killed your little pixels" It's about ruining someone's game(aka leisure\fun) time. The argument that always amuses me, is that the campers like to say "LOL you got mad over a video game" The hypocrisy in that is I'm 100% confident they have gotten equally mad over something in a video game. Whether a baddie won the loot, they got ganked just has they were about to kill a rare spawn they wanted, RNG screwed them over etc...etc

Some people seek out to ruin other people's day. Horde players say all Alliance are 12 year olds and so they want to make those 12 year olds go crying to mommy. Alliance players say Horde players are people who prefer "evil things" and so they want to ruin their day as much as possible for that.

While it's obvious people disagree, I'm pretty sure that the developers never intended or expected level 90s to camp level 20 zones all day. I imagine the PvP zones were meant to have people of near equal level battling it out. And I think more people would be fine if it was just a case of costantly having to fight against other players, even if those other players are 5 level higher.

But no matter the Video game, Griefing has always been there and will always be there. In WoW it takes a different form than you would see in counter-Strike, where when one side would be losing, a player would switch and start team killing every one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    No I find killing the other faction fun, thats the issue you guys seem to be missing, lowbies arent targeted because thier lowbies thier targeted because of thier faction for gods sake! I will take on a level 90 I see wandering around just as I would a level 1, Hell on my level 85 rogue last night I hadnt played in mop yet I took down a level 90 I saw running around in jade forest(with the help of the pack of mobs i pulled into him heh heh) to me a big part of the game is world pvp and to me world pvp entails killing the other faction......anyone from the other faction! Hell even when I do come into low level areas to stir up trouble im always hoping itll lead to a wider battle when some mains log in or someone gets thier guildys to lend a hand etc. Of course if some lowbie gets to offended and logs onto my faction to whisper me abuse THEN ill make it personal but in reality the only people who consider ganking a personal attack are those whining on here.....as far as lowbies go I most often run into them when doing something else like archeology etc in that case ill one shot them and be on my merry way. You guys on the other hand are the kind of people who I will camp because you sound like the kind of sadacts who would make a character in my faction to whisper me etc

Bottom line, you call me pathetic, im not the one crying on an internet forum because someone killed me in a video game. look in the mirror my pathetic friend!
    I'm not 'crying about pvp" mmkay, im pointing out that you actually seem to get a kick out of ganking people who cannot fight back, and seem to actively hunt out people and kill them repeatedly

I'm not your friend, dont try and be condenscending to me ok. it just makes you seem like an even bigger douche than what you have already portrayed, dont e-peen flex, to be honest no-one would give a rats ass if you killed a lvl 90 gladiator on your lvl 85 rogue

dont try and threaten poeple with "omg ill camp you coz you have principles on WoW", and you seem like a pretty shit pvper who preys on people who cant fight back, hell im willing to guess that you get killed by people your own level and take out your frustrations on helpless targets

and why would i whisper a piece of trash like you? i'd much rather kill you back (and it would be, without a doubt, very easy)

bottom line, i call you pathetic because thats what you are, and no-ones crying on these forums except you bieber baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the good ole days when PvP servers were full of people who enjoyed pvp.

Now they are full of whiners who complain about being killed. Corpse camping is part of the game. Being level 30 and getting ganked by a 90 is part of the game. Having people team up to kill you is part of the game.

These are all a part of being on a PvP server. Just because there is an aspect of it you don't like, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed or changed. I left PvP server not because of the pvp, but because of the insane amount of bitching and moaning that comes with it. Especially when they no longer forced you to choose only 1 faction on a pvp server. So after a point if you killed someone, they would login the opposite faction character and proceed to harass the bejesus out of you and threaten to rape your mom and stuff along those lines.

Blizzard didn't ruin pvp servers, the newer player base did.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been playing since BC... so please dont give me any of that "lawl new playerbase ruined mah pvp" crap, gankers have been scumbags since day 1 of PvP in WoW, and always will be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Being an asshole doesn't award one an infraction. If it did, you wouldn't have posted much.

Also, on topic, you're telling people how they need to learn social skills and stop ganking and how they're not allowed to do this and that; truth is, they're allowed to gank your sorry ass from dusk till dawn - if they can, and you are completely and utterly powerless to do anything about it and them.

Might want to swallow that bitter pill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    I left PvP server not because of the pvp, but because of the insane amount of bitching and moaning that comes with it.
    Then don't play PvP at all, as there's always going to be that, when you have little boys who want to be big boys and very sensitive of any percieve idea that they're weak. It's big talk and trying to act macho (even if carrying a book bag is a workout).

The point is you can PvP 24/7 and have a heck of a lot of fun, but when it ruins the fun of others, it's doesn't make PvP overall fun.

Most fun I had was trying to down DPS toons too over-confident of their abilities to notice one mistake...and they're down. They're my level, which is a real, "GOTCHA!!!" moment.

Killing a level 50 as a level 90 is like having a salad before a meal, it's not the main course nor very fulfilling. Problem is -- and what folks are arguing here is -- it is the main meal and desert for some, and it only takes a few to ruin it for the many.

It's not good for PvP. What's good for PvP is encouraging more SKILL in it. Not more mouthy trash.

Gankers griefing low level areas should be punished. 1 kill might even be accidental and shouldn't count maybe, but loss of honor points and/or debuff for multiple low level kills should be implemented. Just because things don't violate the mechanics of the game, it doesn't make it ok.
    Blizzard should change it.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Being an asshole doesn't award one an infraction. If it did, you wouldn't have posted much.
    Join the club, as it takes one to know one.

They can ban me, but they will never silence me.

Deleted
    Join the club, as it takes one to know one.

They can ban me, but they will never silence me.
    I find it hilarious how you somehow glorify being an asshole on the forums, insulting people left and right, yet you're fighting an apparent war against internet bullies and the like. It's OK when you do it, it's OK when it's on the forums, but God forbid someone comes gank your little character in a computer game. Sacrilege!