Thread: So is mages..

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So is mages..

Really going to be much diferent in pvp after 5.1 patch with all the nerfs? i want know if its worth to play my alt...

Even after the big batch of nerf they look like they'll stay the dominant caster

after the nerf to gag order i believe mages will become the #1 class for arena pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    after the nerf to gag order i believe mages will become the #1 class for arena pvp.
    Also the avatar nerf, gag order and avatar was the sole reason warriors could kill mages in mop, now they will go back to free kills for casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Also the avatar nerf, gag order and avatar was the sole reason warriors could kill mages in mop, now they will go back to free kills for casters.
    lol Warrior's burst is still there, they just can't run around with Avatar on going LOLOLOL YOU CAN'T SLOW ME and faceroll people down. It's not the right way to nerf them but to say they're going to be free kills is wrong.

Deleted
    I made a warrior on the PTR, i have never gotten my warrior to level 80 on live, i wanted to see how good they where. Warriors are ridiculous, i can one shot anything with the one shot macro, and i rarely ever die. when i use my one shot macro i generally hit things for around 200-300k instantly then carry on doing 90-120k crits non stop for about 10 seconds. i was doing 3s with 2 other warriors we won every single match within 5 seconds of entering. this is no extradition, CD stacking needs to be looked at. Also, if you can kite good and use second wind + defensive stance you never die. I entered a 2v2 match on my own because my team mate was unable to join against a disc priest and a ret paladin, i managed to kill the priest in under 3 seconds and proceeded to kill the ret paladin by kiting and waiting on CDs, warriors will be completely viable when 5.1 drops, maybe even too viable.

Deleted
    This might be OT, but as I clicked on the link to this from the forum page, I was redirected to an obvious virus site. The actual site name is ffqdx.lflinkup.com slash a huge lot of mumbo-jumbo, and it kinda scared me tbh. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer View Post
    This might be OT, but as I clicked on the link to this from the forum page, I was redirected to an obvious virus site. The actual site name is ffqdx.lflinkup.com slash a huge lot of mumbo-jumbo, and it kinda scared me tbh. Anyone else had this happen to them?
    Do you have an ad blocker addon on your browser? they are very useful and stop that from happening, Opera browser has it built in and i quite like it

Deleted
    they haven't nerfed any of the mages damage outside of fewer deep freezes, so they'll still shatter you to within an inch of your life with 130k frost bombs and 70k lances

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    lol Warrior's burst is still there, they just can't run around with Avatar on going LOLOLOL YOU CAN'T SLOW ME and faceroll people down. It's not the right way to nerf them but to say they're going to be free kills is wrong.
    Nah he's right, he will probably be a free-kill - but warriors with any skill will not.

Deleted
    Only running with avast antivirus, using mozilla firefox browser. I'm used to ads redirecting me, but this just seemed so weird, I've never tried being redirecting by clicking on an actual link that is a part of the mmo-champ website, plus the fact it was an obvious virus. Downloading an adblocker now, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    they haven't nerfed any of the mages damage outside of fewer deep freezes, so they'll still shatter you to within an inch of your life with 130k frost bombs and 70k lances
    My main is a mage, so when i made my warrior on PTR, i knew exactly how to counter them. If you know what you are doing mages go down like a sack of shit, there defenses are very weak, but there control and damage is over the top. the changes to deep freeze actually help alot when trying to counter a mage now, my favorite thing to do is spell reflect once i get novad because i know the deep freeze is coming, the mage then wastes his blink to get out of it proceed to charge and rape his face, done.

We will be free kills for mages if they know how to play, we should not be able to even touch them if they play right( 1vs1 that is), but im use to that from cata so i dont really mind, but we would had hell off alot easier with the heroic throw silence, we need nerfs though but they could have kept the heroic throw silence and nerf damage more, that would have made it alot easier for us against casters.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Nah he's right, he will probably be a free-kill - but warriors with any skill will not.
    I was talking 1vs1 (some like to duel) ofc it's easier in arena when you have a dispeller., how will you kill a good mage now then with only damage? no range silence and when you pop avatar you will get instantly slowed or cc'ed. Again not complaining we need nerfs but just explaining how hard mages will be once again with these changes, if you think that heroic leap, spell reflect and charge will save you then think again cuz that's cata all over again. Second wind makes it a little easier though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-11-07 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    We will be free kills for mages if they know how to play, we should not be able to even touch them if they play right( 1vs1 that is), but im use to that from cata so i dont really mind, but we would had hell off alot easier with the heroic throw silence, we need nerfs though but they could have kept the heroic throw silence and nerf damage more, that would have made it alot easier for us against casters.
    Preaching to the choir my man, I play a Warrior so I know what you mean. As I said they've gone about nerfing Warriors the wrong way but we just have to deal with it.

As to being bad against Mages that's just how it is, the game isn't built around 1 v 1 (gets said a million times a day but it's true) and you have to keep in mind that Hunters eat Mages 1 v 1 just like they get us.

We also have a better chance now than we did in Cata against them since:
    Our damage is good and we still have OP burst,
    We have a 20 second stun instead of a 45 second one,
    2 Charges (if talented),
    2 Spell Reflects (if talented for second),
    30 second Heroic Leap with speed boost (4 piece),
    Avatar to get out of 1 root/slow (better than Bladestorm like in Cata),
    Better defensive cd's,
    Second Wind,
    Really strong Execute if we get them low.

So whilst we are likely to be bested by Mages we are going to be at least a hell of a lot better than we were against them in Cata. Not to mention Mages are getting nerfed themselves with the most notable being Deep Freeze being changed to 4 seconds instead of 5.

Preaching to the choir my man, I play a Warrior so I know what you mean. As I said they've gone about nerfing Warriors the wrong way but we just have to deal with it.

As to being bad against Mages that's just how it is, the game isn't built around 1 v 1 (gets said a million times a day but it's true) and you have to keep in mind that Hunters eat Mages 1 v 1 just like they get us.

We also have a better chance now than we did in Cata against them since:
    Our damage is good and we still have OP burst,
    We have a 20 second stun instead of a 45 second one,
    2 Charges (if talented),
    2 Spell Reflects (if talented for second),
    30 second Heroic Leap with speed boost (4 piece),
    Avatar to get out of 1 root/slow (better than Bladestorm like in Cata),
    Better defensive cd's,
    Second Wind,
    Really strong Execute if we get them low.

So whilst we are likely to be bested by Mages we are going to be at least a hell of a lot better than we were against them in Cata. Not to mention Mages are getting nerfed themselves with the most notable being Deep Freeze being changed to 4 seconds instead of 5.
    What you say is true, im just afraid they will go to far with the nerfs, as warrior is the only class i play, leveling a dk now though, started in wrath where warriors where in a good spot, moving to cata we where strong in the start but nerfed pretty bad and was weak rest of expansion. Just hope we will be ok for the rest off mop after the nerfs. But i agree that we are stronger against mages now and will still be better then cata after this.

They reverted the biggest nerf imo which was the cd on pyro of 3 secs . All we do is win ! ofc they still are hating on our frosty pvp.

They already went too far with the Warrior nerfs. The "Nerfs" to Mages in comparison are laughable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticmind View Post
    They reverted the biggest nerf imo which was the cd on pyro of 3 secs . All we do is win ! ofc they still are hating on our frosty pvp.
    That change got reverted. Its back to no CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    They already went too far with the Warrior nerfs. The "Nerfs" to Mages in comparison are laughable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:55 PM ----------

That change got reverted. Its back to no CD.
    Didn't I just say that ?

They really nerfed mages hard. Instead of being able to kill someone twice every 30 seconds, now they can only do it every 45 seconds.

Love how the damage of both warriors and mages have so far been left unaltered (unless tfb nerf goes live).

Deleted
    I honestly don't understand why do people whine about mages. Any hunter/warlock/elem shaman/shadow priest/arms warrior with more than 2 neurons in his skull can ruin a mage's day.