Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not 90. My old characters are 85, and now I have a 73 monk. I am enjoying simply leveling and taking in the world as a monk.

When I finally explore Pandaria, it'll take a while before I am ready to raid - no rush to gear up necessarily.

Really, LFR my likely outcome.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-11-02 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    Well, now I have got to 90 in my own time, my own circumstances mean that as much as I will raid as much as I can, but having a full time job (and extras) means I just don't have the patience to sit down after 8 hours in the office, to spend the whole night raiding! Sure I will raid a bit, but it doesn't hold the same excitement as it did when I was YOUNGER!

I will hit LFR more than a formed 10 man for sure, as it fits my play style much more these days!
    Last edited by mmoce8fd318b33; 2012-11-07 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Missed out LFR reason!

Im still too busy leveling up alts, leveling up proffs, slowly gearing up and grinding rep

i swear i prolly wont even raid this tier of content tbh

Give it time. Not everyone burns through the content and be raid ready within the first week. People are still collecting gear for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Give it time. Not everyone burns through the content and be raid ready within the first week. People are still collecting gear for raids.
    Actually, no, the number of guilds that have downed any normal mode raid boss (in MSV or beyond) has pretty much plateaued now. Maybe it will rise again after progressive nerfs, but for now what you see is what there is.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild started raiding the first week that MSV became available and have been making steady progress, currently 4/6 normal.

Personally, I only stepped foot into LFR last week due to not having the ilvl. Heroic dungeon drops have been conspicuous in their absence. Not just on my first level 90, but on my second one too. I doubt that I will see any of T14 on normal due to slow gearing and my strange schedule.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more amazing number is the low number of 90s. Are they taking their time, are people not leveling their alts, or is there a lack of enthusiasm for MoP?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Not really. Anyone guild that wants to raid, is raiding at this point generally.
    Looking at kill rates it seems like things have capped off for a while, regarding normal mode content.

Which isn't surprising. Most of this stuff is harder than DS@10% it seems on normal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Not really. Anyone guild that wants to raid, is raiding at this point generally.
    Looking at kill rates it seems like things have capped off for a while, regarding normal mode content.

Which isn't surprising. Most of this stuff is harder than DS@10% it seems on normal alone.
    Multiplying the average raid size of the guild's achievements by the number of guilds (as tracked on wowprogress) gives a figure of about 310K. Even if inflated a bit for bench and guilds with multiple raid teams, that's a rather small fraction of the player population.

If the rate is plateauing I expect the progressive nerf will begin to kick in. However, I'm not sure that's going to help. Guilds that tried and failed to get anywhere may already have given up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Multiplying the average raid size of the guild's achievements by the number of guilds (as tracked on wowprogress) gives a figure of about 310K. Even if inflated a bit for bench and guilds with multiple raid teams, that's a rather small fraction of the player population.

If the rate is plateauing I expect the progressive nerf will begin to kick in. However, I'm not sure that's going to help. Guilds that tried and failed to get anywhere may already have given up.
    If a guild is going to give up every time they hit a cock block, and become too apathetic to even try it after nerfs, they wont last regardless.
    Yeah, normals are difficult for once. They have some interesting mechanics. I'm going to have to give blizzard props for this tier.

Well there so many new things old and new besides just raiding fyi wow players finally get to do whatever they want this expansion and i welcome it the days of raid or die are over with mop big time well done blizzard well done!plus im to busy going after that 5 maxxed lvl 90s to care about raiding for now then maybe ill raid or lvl my last 2 for the hellof it lol then raid!love u blizzard!
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2012-11-07 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't raid because I don't really find the raids all that interesting :/

If a guild is going to give up every time they hit a cock block, and become too apathetic to even try it after nerfs, they wont last regardless.
    Yeah, normals are difficult for once. They have some interesting mechanics. I'm going to have to give blizzard props for this tier.
    Well, I won't get into a "deserves" argument. I was just noting the rather small participation. Blizzard doesn't like small participation, especially if those abstaining also tend to stop sending them money.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    How many hundreds of thousands are in the same situation as I am, waiting for my guild to get enough 90s to maintain 10 raiders.
    Same situation except with we are doing 25 man, so we need ~32 people geared who can raid. For example we were guna push in another raid day to raid this previous Monday, but were 2 people short. (and on progression bosses you really can't carry)

Well, I won't get into a "deserves" argument. I was just noting the rather small participation. Blizzard doesn't like small participation, especially if those abstaining also tend to stop sending them money.
    People are botching stoneguard chains on normal. If they can't handle not throttling each other with a glorified rope, I doubt they can handle any actual mechanic.

People are botching stoneguard chains on normal. If they can't handle not throttling each other with a glorified rope, I doubt they can handle any actual mechanic.
    You're explaining why they're not participating. I'm explaining the consequences of their not participating. Do you imagine you're making an excuse for the design, if Blizzard doesn't like the numbers?

You're explaining why they're not participating. I'm explaining the consequences of their not participating. Do you imagine you're making an excuse for the design, if Blizzard doesn't like the numbers?
    I'm saying you can cater to the bottom denomination only so much until you hit DS redux which lost people anyways.
    You can in fact hit a happy medium. Normals right now are hardly over tuned, and first tier raid is usually low on participation anyways from the more casual ilk as a rule of thumb.

Deleted
    Well. Pve game?
    Time to balance PvP now.

We have been trying to raid, the problem for us more than anything is server pop and not being able to get enough people to raid. Might have to wait for nerfs until it is 8 manable lol.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not raiding this expansion, After doing for so long along with that DS BS my sanity was ripped into two. It was that bad mind you sigh