Deleted

Question Holy Priest 2P Tier 14 Bonus

Hi guys

You can probably tell i'm new here. With elitest jerks as dry as a desert I'm looking for someone to check a few very basic calculations i've done.

I was looking at the 2 Piece bonus for Holy Priests in the current tier and on the face of it it looked really crap but after running some sims it actually looks really good. Can someone check my workings and see if i've missed something obvious? (i'm really tired so i'm sure i've done something wrong)

Bonus: Reduces Mana cost of Flash Heal by 20%

Comparrison: 2 x Flash Heal + 1 x Greater Heal vs Greater Heal spam

Basically with Serendipity this would work as follows:
    Flash Heal's Mana Cost
    17,700 - 20% = 14,160

Greater Heal with 2 Stacks of Serendipity:
    17,700 - 20% = 14,160

so

2 x Flash Heal + 1 x Greater Heal = 42,480 Mana

42,480 Mana = 2.4 x Greater Heal Spam

Based upon the current "Max" heal value as defined by the blizzard UI for my character & with my current haste (4,955):
    (this is a best case scenario)

2 x Flash Heal + 1 x Greater Heal = 177791
    Cast Time = 4.024 sec

2.4 x Greater Heal Spam = 170695
    Cast Time = 5.376 sec

So over ~11 seconds
    Flash Heal + Greater Heal = 462,250

Greater Heal Spam = 341390

It seems too good to be true!!

Anyone fancy simming this properly?

B

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not sure what you're trying to say or achieve. Are you trying to justify getting 2pc because you'll most likely want 2pc for BiS, its 4pc that you may / may not want to opt for.
    Can you please elaborate because there's much more to healing then just pressing Flash/Greater heal.

What about PoH + Serendipity?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    I'm really not sure what you're trying to say or achieve. Are you trying to justify getting 2pc because you'll most likely want 2pc for BiS, its 4pc that you may / may not want to opt for.
    Can you please elaborate because there's much more to healing then just pressing Flash/Greater heal.
    The point is that the 2p bonus reduces the cost of flash heal, and with how serendipity works this makes flash heal more efficient than greater heal, along with being more throughput from the start. It isn't about justifying getting tier, but just calculating that once you have 2p you should heal differently.

edit: Just kidding I'm completely blind.

Looks right to me.

Deleted

Holy Priest 2P Tier 14 Bonus

Rfx & Chimaera

Exactly Chimaera!

Please trust me Rfx that this isn't some sort of ploy to get the bonus. It was literally something me and a couple of the guys were working over in theory after a raid. Me and my guild have already ruled out the need for me to get the 2P bonus because it isn't worth getting in general. Which I still agree with considering Greater Heal is probably less than 10% of my actual healing (often less than 5%), but I think I completly underestimated the difference it will make to my "rotation".

For example I will not cast a single flash heal with my current rotation, because the other healers and I will never get into the situation where it's needed (there are too many insta save abilities now for a quick heal to be necessary).

However, with this bonus, whenever I get it (probably last in my raid composition, fact not complaint) it will actually change my rotation quite significantly!!!

Read any guide out there about Priest healing and it will not mention using the Serendipity bonus due to it's ineffectiveness, but with this change it could actually be viable!

That's the point.

Mazi

Good point, and something I briefly looked at, but not in depth, but I can't imagine a situation where I will Flash Heal twice and then need to PoH, the fights just don't switch between AoE and Single Target enough to end up in that situation. I've found fights to be either Single Target Tank healing heavy or AoE heavy, but not both at the same time.

You must bear in mind that I raid with a Paladin & Shammy healer, and I'm the third healer with OS dps, so all I do is fill the void that they leave. On AoE fights I rock, on single target fights i'm usually DPS lol. I actually switched out of Disc due to the fact that it's completly useless in the majority of 3 heal fights in MV.

I will try to run the figures at some point and figure out if that's viable or worth it, but it's not on my priority list
    Last edited by mmocb8eda82988; 2012-11-07 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by btdag View Post

Mazi

Good point, and something I briefly looked at, but not in depth, but I can't imagine a situation where I will Flash Heal twice and then need to PoH, the fights just don't switch between AoE and Single Target enough to end up in that situation. I've found fights to be either Single Target Tank healing heavy or AoE heavy, but not both at the same time.

You must bear in mind that I raid with a Paladin & Shammy healer, and I'm the third healer with OS dps, so all I do is fill the void that they leave. On AoE fights I rock, on single target fights i'm usually DPS lol. I actually switched out of Disc due to the fact that it's completly useless in the majority of 3 heal fights in MV.

I will try to run the figures at some point and figure out if that's viable or worth it, but it's not on my priority list
    You don't have to be in Serenity to cast Flash Heal, and vice versa.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest