Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why are the Arthas Wraiths still around?

Can someone please answer this question. Hopefully you know what I am talking about. (sorry I don't have a screenshot.)

At the beginning of WotLK, when the expansion event was kicking into gear, non-targetable wraiths started popping all over Azeroth. When we got Cata, I assumed that we wouldn't be seeing them anymore because, well the Lich King (the malevolent Arthas version) had gotten the axe, but there they were, all over the new zones in Cata. Was it a bug? Is there some lore behind it maybe? Is Bolvar (the new Lich King) still spying on us?

I thought for sure when Pandaland got released that the non-targetable wraiths would go away, BUT THEY ARE STILL HERE!!! and I am pretty sure I have seen some of them on Pandaria, and it is really bugging me out that they are still around and still non-targetable.

What are they?
    Where did they come from?
    WHY ARE THEY STILL HERE?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-11-07 at 04:05 PM.

The wraiths are player acquired from the events leading up to Wotlk. They follow around players who have them in their bags.

They are essentially people's pets.

15+ Year Old Account
    i still own one of them, it´s just too funny

"uhm why is there a ghost?" "what the hell is this?"

good times
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

As a proud WotLK veteran, I can easily say...

Its because of the Haunted Memento item from the Scourge invasion

Yeah, still have it. One of the things that I'm proud that I have, a piece of something that can't be obtained anymore (ok you can buy it, but still there's only a fixed number any more of them)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    As a proud WotLK veteran, I can easily say...

Its because of the Haunted Memento item from the Scourge invasion
    WOTLK veteran, lol.

Yeah, I still keep my Haunted Memento from the pre-Wrath event on my person at all times, that's what you're seeing. Having one of these in your inventory will cause the untargetable Shade to follow your character around, and it's visible to other players.

I love my Haunted Memento. Unfortunately since Cata you get a /cower animation every few seconds so it's impossible to get a haircut or do anything really. So it sits in my bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact: Back in wrath when paladins could Sense Undead, this guy would show up on the minimap as "Scourge Haunt". Maybe hunters Track Undead too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a bug nor a design flaw. It's an item id give my left paw to have now..

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Its not a bug nor a design flaw. It's an item id give my left paw to have now..
    Its cheap on the ah on high pop servers around 10k gold or even less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    WOTLK veteran, lol.
    Thought the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    WOTLK veteran, lol.
    Aww, aren't you just adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Its from the Haunted Memento

though i still like to think its bolvars spies checking up on us waiting for a perfect time to attack when we are at our weakest

I still have mine, though I wish it was a real pet so I could have the bank space back...

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that you've wondered about this for years No offense of course, just funny.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I love my Haunted Memento. Unfortunately since Cata you get a /cower animation every few seconds so it's impossible to get a haircut or do anything really. So it sits in my bank.
    Yeh i have reported this a few times, sometimes depending on where you sit you can't get food buffs because it keeps spawning and making you /cower, or on flightpaths it keeps spinning you around, Very annoying, So i normally have mine on me, but it gets banked sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Don't forget Halfhill. The guards there will murder you if the Shade makes you cower.