10+ Year Old Account

Quick Trinket question

I got the DMF and Searing Words atm

Just won the Bottle of Infinite Stars (Raid Finder)

I really wonder if that's better for hunters, I lose so much crit

What's the general opinion on this? I guess the Internal CD on BoIS is better than on SW hence it's better?

Hope someone can give me the answer

-Pew

In my gear the LFR version of the bottle is 850 dps better than searing words. The agility proc is just pure win. I don't have uptime stats, but it is very good. I think it's a 15% chance to proc, with a 45 s ICD. So, worst case you're looking at an equivalent of about 550-600 agility from the LFR trinket. Searing words has a 45% chance on CRIT with an 85s ICD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, I hate losing my 7164 crit rating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PewpewNL View Post
    Still, I hate losing my 7164 crit rating
    So you'd rather have crit than agility?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's the question here. Im losing a lot of STATIC crit to win a chance on getting more agi over time

Depends on your spec. If you're BM you better love that mastery and be happy with it.

If your SV, the the mastery seems really unappealing. But you can get some of that back through reforging. But the proc is just too damn powerful, that's a ton of agi and agi outweighs any secondary stat by far.

This doesn't depend on anything. You pick a spec, have stat weightings based on that spec and your current gear. Determine the uptime of whatever trinket proc, and then convert that uptime into the *equivalent* static stat. Then you do the math and see what is better. It is *not* conditional. One will always be better than another, you just have to customize the stat weightings to fit your situation.

You could always do what I do:

Hit the dummies and try out the various combinations of trinkets, see what nets more sustained dps, see which ones stack with other cd's better, etc. Just try it out. You might even find you want to keep them all and switch them out for certain fights.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by PewpewNL View Post
    I guess the Internal CD on BoIS is better than on SW hence it's better?
    As far as I know, this is indeed the case.

Even as SV BoIS RF is better than Searing words.

<3 for Shyama for this signature!