Poll: Do Worgens have ticklish paws?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Worgens have ticklish paws?

Wellll... do they?

If by ticklish you mean cut off.. And by paws you mean stuffed lucky charm bracelets then yes, yes they do.

FOR THE HORDE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    If by ticklish you mean cut off.. And by paws you mean stuffed lucky charm bracelets then yes, yes they do.

FOR THE HORDE!
    You are a disgusting orc dog! You deserve to be cooked for dinner!

They probably do have ticklish paws

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You are a disgusting orc dog! You deserve to be cooked for dinner!

They probably do have ticklish paws

Do any animals ever have ticklish paws?

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post

FOR THE HORDE!
    You wear there paws for lucky charms?

I wear there heads as a helmet lol

As for the question im sure there paws are all rough and coarse but im sure they like having there tummies tickled though like all good doggies

(i actually do have a worgen alt so i dont have anything against worgen)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Almost every dog I've owned so far has ticklish paws. It's not their pads that are ticklish, it's the fur in between their pads. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    Almost every dog I've owned so far has ticklish paws. It's not their pads that are ticklish, it's the fur in between their pads. :P
    Both of our dog's paws are quite ticklish.

Yes. Paws are extremely sensitive, due to their anatomical importance. Try tickling a dog's foot and it'll it jerk back.

Worgens aren't really "animals" in the traditional sense of the word, they have human characteristics. They talk, dance, and make jokes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    It's not their pads that are ticklish, it's the fur in between their pads. :P
    Not really. Pads are quite sensitive things. They're for balance, and can even feel minute vibrations. Fur can't really be ticklish as hair have no nerves.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2012-11-07 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Yes. Paws are extremely sensitive, due to their anatomical importance. Try tickling a dog's foot and it'll it jerk back.

Worgens aren't really "animals" in the traditional sense of the word, they have human characteristics. They talk, dance, and make jokes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:53 PM ----------

Not really. Pads are quite sensitive things. They're for balance, and can even feel minute vibrations. Fur can't really be ticklish as hair have no nerves.

Evolutionary as an animal feet and legs are key to survival. You cant walk, you cant hunt, you die. That reflex is not because the foot tickles, its because he doesn't want you messing with his damned foot. It is important to his survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they are .
    But lets be honest I don't think the first thing that goes through your head when you see a Worgen is that it wants a tickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I've seen a thread similar to this a while back...

Oh well, I think it's on a worgen to worgen basis. Some may be ticklish, while some may not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolutionary as an animal feet and legs are key to survival. You cant walk, you cant hunt, you die. That reflex is not because the foot tickles, its because he doesn't want you messing with his damned foot. It is important to his survival.
    Dogs are domesticated and can tell the difference between play (including tickling feet), and genuine attempts to harm the paws necessary for his survival. Not at first, as we have to train them (usually through treats while touching the pads on the paw), but once they're comfortable with it, they make the same (at least our dogs do) tickling/itching twitch motion they do when we scratch their belly just right. So I'm pretty confident that my dogs find the touch of my fingers against their paws to be ticklish.

Ticklishness in itself is a reflex. It's no coincidence that the most vulnerable areas of our bodies (ie. feet, belly, armpits) correspond to being some of the most ticklish areas. Charles Darwin even pondered its existence, because it has evolutionary purpose. You will also find that many young mammals use rough and tumble play, and that includes nipping/poking at ticklish areas. Even rats laugh when they are tickled, so it's not just a human thing.

I've never owned a dog so I wouldn't know from IRL experience, but I'd like to think my worgen girls' (and boy's) paws are at least slightly ticklish. Though they've trudged through all sorts of terrain, I sort of imagine if tickled in the right spot they'd feel it. Maybe not extremely, but at least a little bit.
    Last edited by Shirohibiki; 2012-11-07 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Dogs are domesticated and can tell the difference between play (including tickling feet), and genuine attempts to harm the paws necessary for his survival. Not at first, as we have to train them (usually through treats while touching the pads on the paw), but once they're comfortable with it, they make the same (at least our dogs do) tickling/itching twitch motion they do when we scratch their belly just right. So I'm pretty confident that my dogs find the touch of my fingers against their paws to be ticklish.
    True but domestication does not eliminate evolutionary traits. Just like before your dog settles down for bed he will turn around several times first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    I sort of imagine if tickled in the right spot they'd feel it. Maybe not extremely, but at least a little bit.
    Or the right kind of scratch! One that could make a worgen shake their leg!

Of course they do!

They need specially designed shoes!

Deleted
    Of course. Big bad growly wolf? Naturally they throw giggle-fits when tickled!

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog seems to be ticklish so I say yes.