Poll: What would you like to see it balanced around?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is pvp balanced around 3s?

I dont understand why pvp is balanced around 3s?. i know its impossible to balance around 1v1, but would it not make more sense to balance around BGs, because a lot more people take part in these then they do in arenas.

Deleted
    3 is easier to work with than 10/15/40.....only reason I can think of......maybe?

just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    because a lot more people take part in these then they do in arenas.
    Source? RBGs vs Arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Source? RBGs vs Arena
    I meant, your average run of the mill BG, not RBG's

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    I love this quote

Deleted
    Because they want to balance the PvP around the competitive part where they have ladders of stuff, instead of balancing them around normal bgs which are just full of bots and shit players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    Because they want to balance the PvP around the competitive part where they have ladders of stuff, instead of balancing them around normal bgs which are just full of bots and shit players.
    Yeah i suppose this is a correct statement.

It's due to how each class and spec brings different things to the battle. 3v3 offers the most dynamics with the minimum amount of players. While each class has advantages and aspects that they are good at, they all have a counter. If you are worried about snares and slows you can bring a Paladin for Hand of Freedom. If you want good control you can bring a Mage. If you want mobility in your healer, have him play a Druid.

Think of Arena as a game of Chess. There are strategies on how you make your team, how you open, how you apply pressure, how you counter, etc. In the 2v2 bracket you are better off than 1v1 but you can still lack important strengths. In 5v5 there are a lot more combinations, not only in team composition but amount of spells and abilities in play. So, 3v3 is easier to balance than any other bracket.

Battle Grounds aren't used for balance because the ability to win is decided on a goal. Flag caps and resource points are more valuable than killing the opposition. In theory, every BG is able to be won by not making a kill on a player.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

3's are fun, BG's are not

3s is where the competitive side in this game is...Why would they not balance around it? And the fact
    3v3 offers the most dynamics with the minimum amount of players.
    is true!

It should be balanced around 1v1 and 2v2 like in TBC, one can only dream....
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    It should be balanced around 1v1 and 2v2 like in TBC, one can only dream....
    TBC one vs one balance was horrible, wotlk cata and mop are all better in that regard.
    Now is it more fun? that is up for debate.

In fact I don't see why people put TBC on such a pedestal, ofc I enjoyed and loved arena back thene, it was new and fun, but balanced? Goodness no.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because if they were balanced around bgs, this thread would be named "why is pvp balanced around bgs"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    3's are fun, BG's are not
    I hate comments like these.

Fun is completely subjective.

What you meant to say was "I think 3s are fun and BGs are not"
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Sure arena is fun, when the spec you WANT to be viable becomes viable. It didnt in CATA, idk about MOP.

And yeah 2v2>3v3 imo, sadly 2v2 is unbalanced too, cause of healers i guess.

BGs is a different story. All of your specs can be somewhat usefull which makes you feel that arena is just a huge pile of crap. Its more balanced than arena just because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    It's due to how each class and spec brings different things to the battle. 3v3 offers the most dynamics with the minimum amount of players. While each class has advantages and aspects that they are good at, they all have a counter. If you are worried about snares and slows you can bring a Paladin for Hand of Freedom. If you want good control you can bring a Mage. If you want mobility in your healer, have him play a Druid.

Think of Arena as a game of Chess. There are strategies on how you make your team, how you open, how you apply pressure, how you counter, etc. In the 2v2 bracket you are better off than 1v1 but you can still lack important strengths. In 5v5 there are a lot more combinations, not only in team composition but amount of spells and abilities in play. So, 3v3 is easier to balance than any other bracket.

Battle Grounds aren't used for balance because the ability to win is decided on a goal. Flag caps and resource points are more valuable than killing the opposition. In theory, every BG is able to be won by not making a kill on a player.
    I agree with you on all the points you made actually, thanks for clearing it up for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    I love this quote

I don't.. It's pretty fascist.. With that logic it should just be World of Warriors.. Where's the fun in that? Like a call of duty with spells. Boring.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

the less players you have, the more imbalanced things will be.. the less players needed in a group to do something, the more popular that activity will be (easier to organize, coordinate, etc. this is why we don't see anymore 40man raids & whatnot). 3v3 in my opinion is by no mean balanced, at all. but it sits in that spot where it's a convenient team size for players, and therefore much more popular. now while i dont think 3s is balanced, it is given the perception of being balanced when you compare it to smaller scale pvp (2s & dueling) because there it is so apparent how unbalanced they are. i really dont have much experience in 5s, so i cant speak for that, but honestly i think bg's (rbg's) are much more balanced than any arena simply because the imbalances of classes & specs area distributed among a larger number of players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I don't.. It's pretty fascist.. With that logic it should just be World of Warriors.. Where's the fun in that? Like a call of duty with spells. Boring.
    Did an arena last night with 5 warriors, it was pretty funny

I agree with you on all the points you made actually, thanks for clearing it up for me :P
    You're welcome.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com