Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Is that "Worst because they shouldn't have sold him" or "Worst because he'll be an overpriced flop"?
    I think the Gunners shouldn't have sold him, above all not to ManU. He could've become a Thierry Henry for Arsenal.
    Last edited by mmoc7dd9f54937; 2012-11-07 at 02:02 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    I think the Gunners shouldn't have sold him, above all not to ManU. He could've become a Thierry Henry for Arsenal.
    couldn't really keep him, he wanted to leave and unhappy players never play well and he would have left for free when the next window came.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    Not Henry, but Dennis Bergkamp for sure. Their games are very similar, plus both are Dutch. Wenger tried to sell him to Juventus, but RVP din't want to go to Italy. In the end i think the board should have calculated, do we keep RVP for one more season (if he doesn't extend) risk losing 24 mil, but maybe chalange for the title. Somehow i feel that keeping RVP with the squad we have now would make Arsenal the best club in England, and wining the league after 8 years is worth more then 24 milion in my opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    couldn't really keep him, he wanted to leave and unhappy players never play well and he would have left for free when the next window came.
    Actualy after Cazorla joined and right before the Cologne friendly there were rumours saying that he was happy to stay and play, but Wenger had already made his mind.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Not Henry, but Dennis Bergkamp for sure. Their games are very similar, plus both are Dutch. Wenger tried to sell him to Juventus, but RVP din't want to go to Italy. In the end i think the board should have calculated, do we keep RVP for one more season (if he doesn't extend) risk losing 24 mil, but maybe chalange for the title. Somehow i feel that keeping RVP with the squad we have now would make Arsenal the best club in England, and wining the league after 8 years is worth more then 24 milion in my opinion at least.

Actualy after Cazorla joined and right before the Cologne friendly there were rumours saying that he was happy to stay and play, but Wenger had already made his mind.
    rumours yea, but there was alot of those :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it might be 0-0 between Braga and United, but Patrice Evra's already scored.

Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

If you had a Celtic home win on your coupon tonight well done - can't believe they beat Barcelona, brilliant result for the beasts from the east end!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking bets on that it was a United fan that messed with the power at Braga stadium to stop the match for 12 minutes, essentially giving United a 2nd half time talk ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why Arsenal fans really didn't want to lose RVP. He's certainly something special.

Celtic fan:- OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Absolutely buzzing after that. Sat the whole way through shaking like a shitting dog. Amazing experience, fantastic atmosphere and despite what some will say, deserved.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to ask, when you went 2-0 up and thought you had it, then they pulled one back. Were you more or less nervous at 2-1 than you were at 1-0 a couple of minutes before?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    If you had a Celtic home win on your coupon tonight well done - can't believe they beat Barcelona, brilliant result for the beasts from the east end!
    they should have won the away game aswell tbh, barcelona is just getting dragged by messi.

10+ Year Old Account
    barcelona is just getting dragged by messi.
    For those people who watch him week in week out, are most of his goals ones like tonight? He seemed to be just poaching in the box and pounding on rebounds.

I mean Van Nistlerooy use to do that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those people who watch him week in week out, are most of his goals ones like tonight? He seemed to be just poaching in the box and pounding on rebounds.

Nah, messi has really been pulling barcelona by his shoulders during some of the games, he can score in many different ways, never really seen him as a poacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, messi has really been pulling barcelona by his shoulders during some of the games, he can score in many different ways, never really seen him as a poacher.
    I'll be honest, I don't watch La Liga a lot, but watching him in Europe he doesn't seem to be their main creative dangerman.

Also the images of Rod Stewart crying tears of joy, absolutely fantastic.

Deleted

Nah infact he's probably scored the most solo goals Iv ever seen, he often picks the ball up 35 yards from goal and either takes out 2-3 players before scoring or just smashes into the corner. I don't think there's a player that can match his highlight reel of goals.

His Hat-Trick a few weeks ago against Deportivo La Coruña.

Solo run goal vs Brazil a few months back:

There's many more than that, he does similar things on a regular basis. Another point to note is that they aren't just random goals, they are match winning goals Barcelona beat Deportivo 5-4 that night with his third goal and Argentina beat Brazil 4-3. Best player that's ever lived and we probably won't see anything like him again for some time (if ever) I appreciate watching him every week he's just phenomenal .
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-11-07 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted

No, not all of his goals are poachers goals, a lot are, as you would expect from any striker but most are him getting the ball, skips past 1-2 people and slots it in a corner. Barcelona score through every position in the league, they all pitch in with goals. Xavi / Iniesta / Messi plays some incredible through ball that no one could see then they finish it is generally how it works. But everyone is just sitting back so deep against them now they need to find any other way. Which is why I think they should've signed Fernando Llorente. A second option when things aren't long their way.

Also: 89% possession?! DEAR GOD THAT'S A LOT. From the match stats I got, Barça made 1010 passes more than Celtic. Unbelieably, Forster had another incredible game and made a solid 16-17 saves.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Best player that's ever lived and we probably won't see anything like him again for some time (if ever) I appreciate watching him every week he's just phenomenal .
    Also this. I hope United get Barça at some point so I can watch him play in person. Would be truly incredible.

they should have won the away game aswell tbh, barcelona is just getting dragged by messi.
    I fail to see this point, I'm sorry to shatter the illusion, but things like this don't lie:

Possession: 34/66
    Shots: 3/25

Celtic won tonight, but they got buttfucked in doing so, I should know, I've seen more than enough of those European nights in my time where you grind a result but you certainly didn't deserve it if you look at the numbers, Celtic scored with 2 of their 3 shots but they were dominated on every major point except the one that counts! I'm not slating them, but to say Barcelona are being dragged by one player is slightly short sighted, they're still a very potent offensive unit just so happens tonight they ran into a team which essentially parked the bus infront of the goal and placed a lot of faith in their keeper - which oddly enough when we did that in 2008 we got fuckin slaughtered for it.

No doubt there will be some backlash against that sort of result (as there was a fortnight ago) which Lennon will laugh off and say "well, all that matters is the result right?" but you cannot ignore the fact Celtic basically pulled off the biggest mugging in Glasgow for years - credit where it's due, they beat Barcelona, but if that game had continued another 10 minutes they were toast. They got the three points tonight, but it's also cost them 5 points domestically as they've pissed about on a hiding to nothing in Europe disrespecting the league in the process by resting players knowing that the league is a foregone conclusion, which if I'm the SPL I'm none too impressed by.

Speaking of the SPL, Hearts got hit with their THIRD winding up order in 12 months today over a tax bill of £500k which apparently they cannot meet, directors insisting that without real help from the fans their game at the weekend could be their last - allegedly this is not scaremongering, but a real possibility. Wonder how loud those smack taking scumbags will be tomorrow morning, they were very vocal about Rangers this year so frankly my sympathy for them is non existent, this is over and above the ongoing investigation into potential liabilities of £1.4m - Hearts confirmed debt to the bank currently sits at £24m!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    34/66 possession is wrong I believe, seemed WAAY more when I was watching, and Sky Sports stated it as 11:89 which seemed more correct than those. I can only recall Celtic getting out of their half about 5 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    signed Fernando Llorente
    Off topic, but if this isn't the first thing Arsenal do in January, I'll be gobsmacked.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I fail to see this point, I'm sorry to shatter the illusion, but things like this don't lie:

Possession: 34/66
    Shots: 3/25

Celtic won tonight, but they got buttfucked in doing so, I should know, I've seen more than enough of those European nights in my time where you grind a result but you certainly didn't deserve it if you look at the numbers, Celtic scored with 2 of their 3 shots but they were dominated on every major point except the one that counts! I'm not slating them, but to say Barcelona are being dragged by one player is slightly short sighted, they're still a very potent offensive unit just so happens tonight they ran into a team which essentially parked the bus infront of the goal and placed a lot of faith in their keeper - which oddly enough when we did that in 2008 we got fuckin slaughtered for it.

No doubt there will be some backlash against that sort of result (as there was a fortnight ago) which Lennon will laugh off and say "well, all that matters is the result right?" but you cannot ignore the fact Celtic basically pulled off the biggest mugging in Glasgow for years - credit where it's due, they beat Barcelona, but if that game had continued another 10 minutes they were toast. They got the three points tonight, but it's also cost them 5 points domestically as they've pissed about on a hiding to nothing in Europe disrespecting the league in the process by resting players knowing that the league is a foregone conclusion, which if I'm the SPL I'm none too impressed by.

Speaking of the SPL, Hearts got hit with their THIRD winding up order in 12 months today over a tax bill of £500k which apparently they cannot meet, directors insisting that without real help from the fans their game at the weekend could be their last - allegedly this is not scaremongering, but a real possibility. Wonder how loud those smack taking scumbags will be tomorrow morning, they were very vocal about Rangers this year so frankly my sympathy for them is non existent, this is over and above the ongoing investigation into potential liabilities of £1.4m - Hearts confirmed debt to the bank currently sits at £24m!
    just having the ball and creating chances doesn't mean you'll win as case chelsea proved last season very well, barcelona wasn't playing very well at either game vs celtic and could easily have lost both of them, and if your saying messi hasn't saved barcelona this season your dreaming.

its one of the strenghts of a strong team and one of messis best features but to say barcelona has been playing amazing this season isn't true.
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-11-08 at 01:00 AM.