100% haste as a Holy Paladin for bubble res - bug with bubble + entering combat?

Quoting Obelodalix from previous thread where I was told I was wrong or lying "Far as the 100% haste goes - that didn't happen either. 5 stacks from GoAK and DF amount to 70%, you can't really get 30% extra in PvP gear. You didn't see what you think you saw."

Didn't realise GoAK gave haste now, and as it gives 50% and different haste sources stack multiplicatively, 100% is indeed possible. With the 4.38% haste said Paladin had from gear it is:

1 * 1.0438 (gear) * 1.1 (Seal of Insight) * 1.2 (Divine Favor) * 1.5 (GoAK)

That's plenty over 100% haste, more like 107% - got my res cast down to 4.83seconds

Also, just tested in game on my own paladin, being hit while in bubble does NOT put you back in combat, I managed to get the res off, just liek I saw in arena earlier.

So yeah, I was right, go test it...

EDIT: just tested without ressing, if you are not in combat when you bubble, any actions taken by other players towards you will NOT put you back into combat. It's either a bug, or no-one has ever noticed it before.

EDIT2: tested again with other paladins, and other opponents, this seems every temperamental and likely dependant on something or a combination of somethings. No idea what though.
    Last edited by Flaubertlives; 2012-11-07 at 11:56 PM. Reason: more info.

You lost me @ Obelodalix

That's something new. I've personally stopped a res in Rogue - Ele - HPally at level 80, vs a Hpal Rdruid Smourn DK - we killed DK, and hpal bubbled, I earth shocked him and it put him back in combat - through bubble.

Playing rogue in Cata I've done the same there.

So yeah, that's something new - and it's really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying you had enough haste to bubble rez someone in Arena?
    That's boss. Inb4 nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time paladin, I'd like to definitively say that bubbling doesn't keep you out of combat. But I've never actually used bubble when not in combat (except for falling, and that's usually bop), so I cant be certain...
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You lost me @ Obelodalix
    Is that the fat guy with the menhirs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post
    EDIT: just tested without ressing, if you are not in combat when you bubble, any actions taken by other players towards you will NOT put you back into combat. It's either a bug, or no-one has ever noticed it before.
    They will. I've just tried it. I've done it many, many times before, it has never happened. Must be some sort of bug if it does indeed happen. I closed the thread down because with no conclusive evidence the whole thread will be a bunch of people replying going "that didn't happen, it's not possible" and you saying "ye it did, I saw it" and then that'd be it over and over again.

I did forget about the haste stacking multiplicatively though so I guess it is possible to get the res off within the bubble time but I still don't see how that bug can happen with some characters and not others. I don't know how to use fraps else I'd put it on youtube and embed it here, it's literally gotten me in combat every single time I've tried it in durotar with a friend just shy of an hour ago.

If it indeed a bug feel free to discuss it here, I won't close it in case other people have noticed it etc. but I will also not be happy if people engage in the little back and forth I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is that the fat guy with the menhirs?
    His dad.