Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though MoP has just come out I can't wait for the next expansion, although this is based around it being a Burning Legion expac. MoP's story doesn't really appeal to me even though it's good and pretty cool with the Sha and all, I just really prefer a demon theme and want to go back to a similar Outland style environment (a broken wasteland populated by demons and monsters is always cool in my book) and by that I mean hopefully a new planet such as Argus.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, betting July. Trademark in late May.
    I'd guess July/August.

It will happen in Q1/early Q2 2013, when Blizzard will trademark next expansion.

Also by looking at official scheduling of future Blizzard releases (published year or two ago, I won't find link - but it was on mmo-champion several times), next expansion is scheduled to be released in Q4 2013. That table wasn't wrong so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If I were Blizzard, I'd file about 6-10 trademarks ranging all the way from full troll ("Land of Hello Kitty")to devoutly-wished for ("The Emerald Dream") and slip the real one in there with them. The forum entertainment would be TREMENDOUS.
    As funny as that would be, unfortunately one cannot file a trademark without actually intending to use it.

Anyway, we might see a trademark for the expansion's name come out some time before Blizzcon 2013, with the formal announcement coming during Blizzcon itself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Yip, even Blizzard are starting to mention them on the loading screens tips.
    Those comments have been on the loading screens for more than a year...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yip, even Blizzard are starting to mention them on the loading screens tips.
    That loading screen tip has been there since Cata though.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Even though MoP has just come out I can't wait for the next expansion, although this is based around it being a Burning Legion expac. MoP's story doesn't really appeal to me even though it's good and pretty cool with the Sha and all, I just really prefer a demon theme and want to go back to a similar Outland style environment (a broken wasteland populated by demons and monsters is always cool in my book) and by that I mean hopefully a new planet such as Argus.

I'd guess July/August.
    I could see it being a new planet. They aren't running out of space on the map obviously as they can expand it, but I think we're due for a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I could see it being a new planet. They aren't running out of space on the map obviously as they can expand it, but I think we're due for a new planet.
    Lets take the Draenei with the alliance and horde to Argus.

Meet and greet some demons and maybe get some time with the Naaru on the way.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2012-11-08 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If I were Blizzard, I'd file about 6-10 trademarks ranging all the way from full troll ("Land of Hello Kitty")to devoutly-wished for ("The Emerald Dream") and slip the real one in there with them. The forum entertainment would be TREMENDOUS.
    And flip it perfectly timed for the 1st April. Forum hilarity ensues. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Those comments have been on the loading screens for more than a year...
    Im just saying Blizzard are making noises

Mark my words we will see those two back this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll be seeing leaks and rumors in the next summer. Announcement during blizzcon most likely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Here is the Cata to Mists timeline:

Cataclysm released Dec 7, 2010.
    8+ months later, MOP trademarked July 28, 2011.
    14 months after trademark and 22 months after Cata release, MOP released Sep 25, 2012.

Whether they stick to this timeline next expansion is anyone's guess.

8 months from MOP release is May, 2013 (next trademark?)
    22 months from MOP release is July, 2014 (next expansion?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Demons? But that about killing Azshara?

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    That loading screen tip has been there since Cata though.
    But MoP was not the expan they planned for after cata.
    They said they later decide to do MoP instead of they one they was planning for.
    So if they are still going for the originally planning expan after cata it would make sense, that the loading screen tips have been there since cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post

14 months after trademark and 22 months after Cata release, MOP released Sep 25, 2012.

That's talking about release dates, though, not the actual announcements of what the next expansion would be.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

I'd guess July/August.
    THIS. THIS. THIS.

I've been preaching this to friends for years, and i've even made posts about it for about a year here.

I love the outland theme, I love the complete abnormality of it. Presuming we do go to a different planet, I sincerely hope their 'normal' completely outstretches ours. I understand a lot of things are hard to come up with, take a lot of creativity to seem right, or otherwise feel forced and therefore unpleasant, though I absolutely love everything in outlands except Nagrand and Blade's edge -- and when I say love everything except those two, I mean, I love everything else and they're my favorite zones, but I do not have a favoritism for nagrand of blade's edge

TJ just worded my entire opinion. MoP is amazing, I love the theme, I love everything they've done with the game. I have to say TBC would be my favorite expansion, cata my worst, and MoP is tied with WotLK (Only because in WotLK I played with a raiding guild and had over 100 friends on a very populated server, where as now I have debt issues, school, etc and can't play nearly as much as I used to), and I can't have an opinion on vanilla: started in oct 2006 and never reached maxed level.. But seriouslyyyyyyyy. @_@;; All the hints they've made, all the things they're referencing, I just cannot wait. I want to find another under-water zone like vashj'ir, but instead, made it red/green water, and then I want more gigantic mushroom trees, and then I want another netherstorm etc.. I'm such a picky fanboy kid.

forreal, though. Presuming it's going to be related to the burning legion and we go to Argus, I don't know what I'd do with myselfffffff

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That's talking about release dates, though, not the actual announcements of what the next expansion would be.
    Okee dokee, I'll add the announcement to the timeline...

3 months after MOP trademark and 10 months after Cata release, MOP officially announced October 21, 2011.

10 months from MOP release is July, 2013 (next official announcement of next expansion?)
    Last edited by daytonbrown; 2012-11-08 at 05:03 PM.

Be even better if Dannath comes back to retake Stromgarde.
    Arathi Highlands has been basically untouched by the cataclysm (as Dustswallow Marsch and Silithus), I really hope it's because they have plans for Stromgarde (or Kul Tiras), I believe in it

Next expansion will be revealed at blizzcon 2013, but they never gave so many hints like now, we already know it will be about Burning Legion again \o/

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    10 months from MOP release is July, 2013 (next official announcement of next expansion?)
    My only question is: Should we expect such a late announcement? I only ask that because there have been so many hints, and developers teasing us with tweets about the next expansion as is..
    I don't want to get my hopes up, but from what I can remember, I can't recall them dropping this many hints/teases this early into the game, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Probably Blizzcon next year. So Summer or early Fall.

Edit: Sorry that's my guess when we'll hear. Not the answer to your question.

I think the announcement from Cata to launch was shorter than announcement of Catato launch. I feel like I saw Cata at two Blizzcons.
    Maybe this,

But I think we'll hear a leak far before that the day blizzard "patterned" of what ever you call it the name Cataclysm and MoP we heard about it quite early on in the expansions, iirc it was a few weeks into uld we had someone post heard "cataclysm" had been bought, and thats when I started saving gold for it, and during cata I wasn't online for the first 5 weeks, but I'm sure it was a few weeks into FL when we heard the name MoP being reserved

It wouldn't surprise me to see one little leak like that pop up in 2-4 months time
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    How many expansions are left? Till we hit level 100?
    Then are they going to re-create wow with a new engine?
    I love the wow universe I hope it stays around a very long time.