Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Good Horde and the Bad Horde

With recent events and the way things appear in 5.1 to come, the line between what is right and what is wrong is becoming thinner and thinner each time something occurs.

In relation to the horde, this line goes with several characters and actions that demonstrate the how these things work, but if you take the time to step back and actually look at the situation now, with an unbias look at events, you discover how there is a forming set of standards within the faction itself, growing more apparent in coming events involving Garrosh and 'his horde'.

What I've gathered of the way the devs are moving things along, this is how it may look by the end of the expansion for the horde, a split between the good side of the horde, and the bad side.

Good Side:
    Vol'jin
    Baine
    Lor'themar
    Thrall
    Ji Firepaw
    The Darkspears
    The tauren
    The blood elves
    A handful of orcs not following Garrosh
    Some goblins
    The Huojin

Bad Horde:
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Gallywix
    Malkorok
    The majority of orc grunts
    Rogue Blood elves working for Garrosh
    Dragonmaw?
    Warsong devoted orcs
    Blackrock orcs being brought into this horde.

And of course, there are the forsaken, who lets face it while they don't seem to want to follow any of Garrosh's ways, you can't call the forsaken good in any sense of the word, so while they don't fit into Garrosh's mentality, they can never be trusted either. At this stage of the story, what the forsaken are doing pales in comparison to what Garrosh is doing, so they might be an ally to the horde when it comes to fighting him, or they might not.

While the good element of the horde seems to outnumber the darker element of it, in its current form Garrosh holds all political power from the other leaders, and if any of them act against him, he would use his insanely devoted followers to slaughter that leader and all there people. He's already shown his insanity in trying to have vol'jin killed and having the kor'kron lock down the darkspears and keep them capture.

Now there might be someone who thinks 'yes but <add horde race> attacked the alliance', but if you consider that without being a bias fan for a moment, did they attack the alliance because the alliance threatened them, or did they do it because Garrosh threatened them to do so? That is where the line is drawn for many horde races atm, who are held under the command of a twisted leader that forces them under penalty of death to obey everything, even if they (like the darkspears and tauren) don't want to.

In its current stage, the horde is held by the darker element of it, yet we all know this is set to shift in times to come soon.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-08 at 08:56 AM.
    #boycottchina

Here's the real question: Where does Gamon lie in all of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    He is his own faction. He just likes to leech off that good horde living.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Garrosh will have the majority of blackrock orcs while the majority of green orcs will side with thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde are bad, and simply need to be exterminated.

Starting with Thrall.

He is not my king. He is not my leader. He is nothing but a Orc of Horde. He just needs to die or commit hari kari for all I'm concerned (should be able to use that thumbs down flag on his corpse, too).

A faction of traitors and undead deserves death.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Garrosh recruits the Grimtotem later on. I can see Baine finally having enough and leaving with his tauren. To fill the gap Baine left, Garrosh can turn to the Grimtotem because they share an enemy now. And honestly, after everything else Garrosh has done I wouldn't put it past him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    A faction of traitors and undead deserves death.
    The presence of the so-called Quel'dorei and all those Death Knights just marked the Alliance for extermination under this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Garrosh recruits the Grimtotem later on. I can see Baine finally having enough and leaving with his tauren. To fill the gap Baine left, Garrosh can turn to the Grimtotem because they share an enemy now. And honestly, after everything else Garrosh has done I wouldn't put it past him.
    Yeah, that is a move I could see Garrosh making. But that would also open up the accusation that he was in it with Magatha all along.

I wonder if the fact that the Horde is descending into all but civil war will be declared as pro-Horde faction bias. Will the fact that the Alliance throughline so far seems to be reuniting father and son, passionate commitment to protecting the new land's purity, and a just war over the destruction of Theramore count as pro- bias because it's so unambiguously moral, or anti- bias because it requires less minute to minute focus?

The good Horde is the one that respects borders, boundaries, sovereignty of other nations, and doesn't endlessly seek to bring war and tyranny to those who oppose their invasions, meddling, aggression or thievery. The good Horde has yet to be seen...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The good Horde is the one that respects borders, boundaries, sovereignty of other nations\
    that makes every single nation and civilization "bad"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    that makes every single nation and civilization "bad"
    Not every single nation or civilisation, however I will agree with you on the bad part. But thats a completely different subject matter. Let's stick with talking about Azeroth and its parasitic, extraterrestrial, highly destructive invasive species, the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I think the real question is: Where does Nazgrim lie in all of this?

Now I know right now he's a brainless Garrosh follower. But with Garrosh trying to wield the power of the Sha, and with Nazgrim's first hand experience with them, I can see him turning his back on the Warchief, or at least saying something to the point that Garrosh banishes him. At least I think it would be a positive and interesting story point.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I hope Gallywix doesn't side with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorsaurusRex View Post
    I hope Gallywix doesn't side with Garrosh.
    too bad he already has. he tries every chance he can to get on garroshes good side but all garrosh will give him is a pat on his top hat
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not every single nation or civilisation, however I will agree with you on the bad part. But thats a completely different subject matter. Let's stick with talking about Azeroth and its parasitic, extraterrestrial, highly destructive invasive species, the Orcs.
    every nation has used force to claim new lands and territory.
    Unless they were the very first form of life to inhabit the planet, every race and civilization has invaded anothers lands

In the grand scheme of things peoples "rights" to land mean squat shit
    The only thing that matters, is whether you have the power to back up that claim

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    too bad he already has. he tries every chance he can to get on garroshes good side but all garrosh will give him is a pat on his top hat
    Garrosh dsnt have much respect for Gallywix, hell he probably has less repsect for that Goblin then Baine and Voljin, cause at least those foos our powerful warriors and leaders
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-08 at 06:28 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Its no secret at this time the majority of the problem in the horde right now rests on Garrosh, his warsong followers, the blackrocks he brought into the horde, and those orcs loyal to Garrosh, while it seems all other races are simply pinned in by Garrosh under threat of what will happen to them if they don't obey him.

There are of course some orcs that are in the same shoes as say the darkspears or tauren, those who don't want to go to war and just want to protect there familes, they are as much held at gunpoint by Garrosh and his thugs as the rest, though they in the orcs current set a minority, which I hope to see siding with the rebellion when it rises up.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    He has sided with the BMOC. Not Garrosh. If that was Thrall, he'd side with Thrall. I can't see the horde losing two leaders this Xpac.G

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    post #5 explains why the 'bad' horde is better ... if we give in like we did in the last years, we will achieve nothing

all hail the banshee queen
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix would only side with Garrosh if he paid more. Dragonmaw is able to tell the difference between a sane leader and someone not - so they would leave Garrosh if possible.

In reg. to the forsaken yes you can call them just as good as any other humans, but they do have their "condition" working against them.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Gogo to Taunka'le Village, there lies the horde we need

Deleted
    The good horde died in TBC.