Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    General UI:

Raid UI:

It's tough finding addon's that do what you want but eventually I've managed to put together this UI. It has all the utility required to suit the playstyle of a mage and I couldn't live without it.
    I'm not a massive design guru or anything, but I do understand a clean and thought out UI. With that in mind, a few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1: Why the mini-map? I mean, it's an 8th of the whole screen! In your raid shot for example I don't understand the purpose of such a large map.

2: Pretty much the same question about recount. What benefit is there for you in having such a large chunk of your screen eaten by your damage meter during a fight?

3: Raid frames. As a mage, why have your frames laid out by class and why so big (again)?

Personally I don't like it, but that's just my taste. When I see UIs like this where I don't understand the design though, rather than complain etc. I'd like to ask why it suits you and why you made the choices you did.

Questions aside, the mana bar is huge and I secretly like that. I can imagine incorporating that into a DeeUI type of interface...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I'm not a massive design guru or anything, but I do understand a clean and thought out UI. With that in mind, a few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1: Why the mini-map? I mean, it's an 8th of the whole screen! In your raid shot for example I don't understand the purpose of such a large map.

2: Pretty much the same question about recount. What benefit is there for you in having such a large chunk of your screen eaten by your damage meter during a fight?

3: Raid frames. As a mage, why have your frames laid out by class and why so big (again)?

Personally I don't like it, but that's just my taste. When I see UIs like this where I don't understand the design though, rather than complain etc. I'd like to ask why it suits you and why you made the choices you did.

Questions aside, the mana bar is huge and I secretly like that. I can imagine incorporating that into a DeeUI type of interface...
    My ui is big because it's easier to see and I really don't find it restricting at all. There's no point in wasting unused screen space and I've never had a problem with not being able to see something. I do sit about a foot from my 23 inch 1080p screen which could have something to do with why it works so well for me.

The raid frames in the picture is in lfr and are much smaller in 10man raiding of course. I don't see how I could make the raid frames any smaller without losing the ability to see it as easily. I like being able to see people's health. The only problem with it is I can't set it up to show the hero debuff. Having it sorted by class I just find useful. The symmetry of the ui really works for me and my perfectionism and I like having a lot of detail.

Something I forgot to show is the focus frame which sits just to the left of the big blink button. When I'm raiding I can pretty much see everything useful by looking at my bars at the bottom of the screen. The health bar is more useful then the mana bar since mages can't go oom anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes, but why have WeakAuras AND fortexorcists cooldown progressbar?
    neither of them are tracking the same thing .. the progress bar in WA is showing the duration of the procs and forte naturally is just showing ICD that isnt the duration.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Ok... Seems like final version of my UI. I'm kinda happy with it, both solo and party/raid.

Deleted

WTB panda sunn-art =(

Deleted
    It's tough finding addon's that do what you want but eventually I've managed to put together this UI. It has all the utility required to suit the playstyle of a mage and I couldn't live without it
    Like the guy before me, its big, its messy, theres a whole lot of totally useless stuff in it, too many buttons and it looks like u really click your pets abillity.
    Having a big mana bar could be usefull but if you play your mage right theres no need to even have a manabar atm.

My ui is big because it's easier to see and I really don't find it restricting at all. There's no point in wasting unused screen space and I've never had a problem with not being able to see something. I do sit about a foot from my 23 inch 1080p screen which could have something to do with why it works so well for me.
    1foot=30cm, a good distance is like 50cm and more!
    If you need a big UI to see from 30cm you, and thats no offense, really need to go to your eye doctor because thats not normal.

I like being able to see people's health
    Its not your job to look at their health
    Its a thing i also had to learn when starting to dps (and i cant disable raidframes yet) but the best dps ust does what he does until he dies. Looking at peoples health is distracting and hesitating or giving up while the whole raid is dying can make the difference between victory and 1%wipe.

he only problem with it is I can't set it up to show the hero debuf
    get vuhdo, afaik u can configure it to only show some debuffs. im not using it so sry i cant help u more in deph with it.

To show you what you are doing here u have an example of how you UI looks(not ThAT bad though): http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5716/watlt5.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purplet View Post
    Like the guy before me, its big, its messy, theres a whole lot of totally useless stuff in it, too many buttons and it looks like u really click your pets abillity.
    Having a big mana bar could be usefull but if you play your mage right theres no need to even have a manabar atm.

1foot=30cm, a good distance is like 50cm and more!
    If you need a big UI to see from 30cm you, and thats no offense, really need to go to your eye doctor because thats not normal.

Its not your job to look at their health
    Its a thing i also had to learn when starting to dps (and i cant disable raidframes yet) but the best dps ust does what he does until he dies. Looking at peoples health is distracting and hesitating or giving up while the whole raid is dying can make the difference between victory and 1%wipe.

get vuhdo, afaik u can configure it to only show some debuffs. im not using it so sry i cant help u more in deph with it.

To show you what you are doing here u have an example of how you UI looks(not ThAT bad though): http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5716/watlt5.jpg
    Thanks for the suggestion about vuhdo. It's not really as important as it used to be. I only really needed the ability on ultrax.

My pet's ability is bound to shift-2 and I definitely don't click it. I only click my major cooldowns, the large buttons and nameplates since tab targeting is so unreliable.

As for everything else it's really personal preference. My ui works fine for me and making it smaller with less things wouldn't improve my dps at all. Looking at the raid frames isn't a problem if you don't need to be looking anywhere else. I often find that during an encounter that I won't need to move and I can tell what I'll be casting the next few seconds. I already wear glasses and my eyes are terrible because I spend 95% of my time sitting in the dark looking at screens that are too close.

The main reason large is useful is I just find it quicker to see things and it's easier to see things in your peripheral vision. I also concentrate extremely hard during fights to the point where I get tunnel vision and I don't even notice the on-screen proc indicator's.

Quote Originally Posted by purplet View Post
    I think that's a pretty unfair comparison. You really don't need more space than what I have to see mechanics and the encounter.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My UI in action:

Addons:

Dominos
    Masque
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Fortexorcist
    Skada
    Chatter
    Omen
    Vuhdo
    Combo Points Redux
    Miks Scrolling Battle Text
    DBM

Edit: Forgot TipTac and TidyPlates
    Last edited by Tyllastus; 2012-11-06 at 07:59 PM.

My UI:

I'm pretty comfortable with it right now. Might move the tank frames and get rid of focus frame buffs (or at least reduce the size a lot).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-06 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    I think that's a pretty unfair comparison. You really don't need more space than what I have to see mechanics and the encounter.
    Yeah its unfair but compared to what others use now (this picture is old and even clean uis back when would be considered clunky now) so in comparison to time its at least the same type.

my eyes are terrible because I spend 95% of my time sitting in the dark looking at screens that are too close.
    You can fix the close screens and fix your eyeseight with proper glasses.
    Im gonna have to get glasses for desk work in i guess 2-5years too and atm i use some 10bucks glasses if my eyes are getting tired and it really helps. If you recently saw a doc for it and he couldnt help u im truly sry, but i think new glasses work wonders as i see with my dad who everytime hes got new ones moves away further from the monitor again

So in conclusion if it helps you its fine, but u cant expect anybody to like it and i think with some work you could optimize itwithout loosing the big buttons (those i like, its nice to have them to see proccs and stuff and im gonna get them for myself too today cuz im switching to fire).
    What i mean is loosing some of the bars, you dont need to have all those skills clumped up in the bottom of the screen, if somethings bound to your keyboard and has no cooldown theres no need to have it imo (after a week or two of getting to know the specc).

I'm pretty comfortable with it right now. Might move the tank frames and get rid of focus frame buffs (or at least reduce the size a lot).
    I like it since i like ElvUi, in your case id consider diabling the bars on the chat which is a small change but improves the looks a lot imo. With the unitframes at the bottom its nice but with the "healer" layout and similar i dont think its looking good.

Ariadne or anyone else.

Any idea how the debuffs are handled on the target and boss etc frames. I like the way it handles your and others debuffs obviously prioritizing your debuffs. I'm assuming weakauras, but maybe elv's is handling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My current UI in action:

I know it looks cluttered but I can't make it any more clean without sacrificing raid performance. Raid frames need to be somewhere close to my other stuff to not force me to move my eyes to corners to check health status. I need to track all those buffs and cooldowns and I need to track my dots. I feel too many try to make too clean UIs and they remove things which they seem to deem not neccessary or relevant information but that is usually because they are not good enough players to make use of what they remove.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fireater View Post
    Ariadne or anyone else.

Any idea how the debuffs are handled on the target and boss etc frames. I like the way it handles your and others debuffs obviously prioritizing your debuffs. I'm assuming weakauras, but maybe elv's is handling it.
    It's handled by Tukui, Asphyxia's edit in this case.

Deleted
    Here is my newest UI Modification , but it's still in Beta Version , although I must say that I got most of my ideas from Touchymcfeel's UI. (You can find a guide on how to make this UI here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbQs...0&feature=plcp)
    Any feedback is appreciated. ^^
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-08 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Feedback: Thumbnails.

Been changing and updating this since the start of MoP, pretty happy with it for now.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-08 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzul View Post
    Here is my newest UI Modification , but it's still in Beta Version , although I must say that I got most of my ideas from Touchymcfeel's UI. (You can find a guide on how to make this UI here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbQs...0&feature=plcp)
    Any feedback is appreciated. ^^
    A few things that can possibly be improved are:

-Matching all the fonts.
    -You can definitely make the damage meter smaller.
    -Tooltip is overlapping the quest tracker
    -You don't need to see Motw on your buffs above your character frame.
    -Top action bar seems to be spaced slightly different from the bottom two.
    -There is a unit frame floating on the right in the quest tracker, not sure what it is but it doesn't seem like it belongs there.

Off-topic note. Treeston, we need someone like you in the Hunter forum "Post your UI" thread stat. So many giant screenshots. It's horrible.

Edit: After looking through here, thought I would adjust my UI a bit.

Epic Guild message of the day.

Mostly a "Which raid frames should I use?" situation. Been Grid for the longest time but I decided to see how SuF raid frames would look like. Now I'm kind of stuck between them. And if I were to take SuF raid frames, should I move the frames elsewhere or are they okay where they are at? (Left center anchor, y=0)
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-11-08 at 10:20 AM.

Been swamped with my new job lately, but I have found time here and there to make UI's and test out ideas. Here's a few pics of my current UI(we all know I will be using a new one next week, and the week after that, etc.)

Solo:

In-Combat:
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

I really like the sleekness of this UI, very good job .

Just a quick question or 2; what is the font you're using? and the button facade skin? oh and the unit frames!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    My UI:

Your only focus indicator is the text? How do you keep track of a cooldown like Master's Call, Scatter Shot, Snake Trap, etc.? ICD tracking?

While it looks pretty I think you've lost a lot of functionality. ICDs, especially for a BM hunter can really increase your numbers quite a bit. Things like Scatter Shot can help a wild add on Will or Grand Empress, or a Master's Call on Stone Guard or Spirit Kings. While they certainly aren't commonly used abilities in PvE, knowing when they're available can be pretty important (and you may through a not shown CD bar, but in that picture it isn't shown). You're also showing target threat in two places. Not a big problem by any means but it is something that would bother me over time, however I'm not you so that may not matter.

Lastly, you can't see your feet in the picture you're showing. Moving the whole UI down could certainly help. On a similar note why show mana/rage/energy bars on your raid frame? You don't have a raid CD that could help someone. Take away your resource bar on your raid frames, subsequently move the raid frames down by how many pixels you've freed up. Move your action bars and player/target frames down accordingly so you can see your feet.

I hope I didn't come off as rude I just think you've got a pretty awesome base design and a few tweaks here or there could increase the functionality quite a lot.
    Last edited by refire; 2012-11-08 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...41356977_o.jpg

Little bit out of date but it gives the general feel of my UI
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-08 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

Lookin' good, Kepi! Any chance on an upload sometime in the near future? (Also, you got an arena setup currently?)
    Last edited by Supernex; 2012-11-08 at 03:26 PM.

I will burn your soul.