Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Would you mind ten more levels next xpac?

So we've now had two expansions where the cap was only raised by 5. I don't mind it, but to me it feels a little too small.

I'd like to see the next xpac bring a 10 level raise, with the same leveling rates as we see today. Maybe bump raid unlocks back two weeks instead of the one with MoP. The Realm Firsters can do their thing, and everyone else can do their thing.

I dunno, I'm not saying it's needed, and I have no argument for it. I just personally would enjoy it.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything? :P

but if they do 10 levels we'll hit 100 next expac... if anything I'd expect them to do 2-3 levels so tehy get more xpacs rolling before the magical 100

Deleted
    Well a cap at 95 would just be plain stupid imo.

I think 10 levels, where 5 levels takes the same time as MoP levelling did, would be too much. I like the amount of time MoP levelling takes, 85-90. Feels like a decent length; not too long, but not completely faceroll either.

But if it was just 10 levels, and it takes it the same amount of time as 5 levels in MoP did, then fine by me. Numbers are meaningless, so make it 5 or 10 or 50 for all I care.

So long as the experience is fun, interesting, and exciting, that's all I care about.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    but if they do 10 levels we'll hit 100 next expac... if anything I'd expect them to do 2-3 levels so tehy get more xpacs rolling before the magical 100
    100 means nothing. At all. Ever. It's some arbitrary number the community has latched on to; it ultimately means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Blizzard can and will go past it in future expansions and the game will still be WoW at its core.

They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99. (obviously this could change)

As for OP's post, i dont care how much I have to level as long as the content is balanced, fun, and doesnt get boring after the first season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99. (obviously this could change)
    No, they didn't. Why are people making up stupid things?

I would like to see another 10 level expansion as long as they don't take forever. In a way 10 levels would make the grind not so bad because you would feel like you are progressing more often.

I think we are going to see a Burning Legion expansion with Argus next (the Wrathion quest seems to show that) so that would call for level 100 in my opinion.

If you need to level twice as much then no thank you.

But from what I heard those 5 levels we got in Cata and MoP are just as long as the 10 levels we got in TBC and WotLK, not sure if this is true.

If those 10 levels take just as long as 5 levels then I don't really care. It could affect your leveling experience positively or negatively. It could feel like you have more character progression because you get 5 more levels or it could feel (to some people) that it takes longer.
    If I remember correctly they chose for 5 levels to reduce stats increase or something like that. If they did 10 levels every expansion we would be doing 1 million dps now probably :P. And needing to level from 1 to 100 (we would be level 100 by now if they chose for 10 levels every expansion) it would feel too much to level for new players or alts.

I don't really care that much. But leveling can become quite boring when you have been playing this game for years so needing to level twice as much is not really something I would like.

iirc, they're doing it in 5s, because they want to squeeze in as many expansions before the big 100.

Could be just a rumour though... /shrug

Regardless - the time it takes to hit from 70-80 would've been roughly the same as it is now from 85-90.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

100 means nothing. At all. Ever. It's some arbitrary number the community has latched on to; it ultimately means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Blizzard can and will go past it in future expansions and the game will still be WoW at its core.
    It will only look like you have to level way too much. 100 looks a lot more than 90 or 99. But in reality this is ofcourse not the case.

Deleted
    I don't understand what makes the number 100 so magical...? It's a number like any other? =/

I doubt they will do it but I would like it because it would make soloing old content even easier, each level above makes a huge difference.

Bullshit:
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Do we have a solidified plan for future expansions I can share? Not yet, but consider that 100 is just a number.
    SOURCE

as for the topic - I don't care. I just don't want it to be too long. MoP leveling was okish, would be better if i could level via random dungeons (atm it's totally not viable). If they do 2 levels of that time length, or 25.. I don't really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't understand what makes the number 100 so magical...? It's a number like any other? =/
    Because of the infamous list which stops at level 100, which was proven to be fake by the creator himself.

But as the blizzard quote above shows, 100 is just a number. I have seen many pictures and videos from private servers where the max level seems to be 255. If we would get that high, then we can talk about it being maybe a problem.

They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99.
    No. They've never said this, ever. Stop spreading stupid nonsense. They've stated before many times that the level 100 is a meaningful one for the community, but just a number to them. They will go beyond 100.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Because of the infamous list which stops at level 100, which was proven to be fake by the creator himself.

But as the blizzard quote above shows, 100 is just a number. I have seen many pictures and videos from private servers where the max level seems to be 255. If we would get that high, then we can talk about it being maybe a problem.
    255?? aint no body got time for that

playing wow for more than 50 years? nice achievement i guess ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

To the people who think level 100 would be the end. Consider that after level 100 they could do away with the current levling system and give something like extra talent points or spells for each "level" you gain past 100.

15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Citadel was meant for level 100 players, assuming the next expansion is Legion related. Though the leveling curve got changed during cata so its 98% sure it will only be 5 moar levels per expansion since then :/

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Upon hitting 100, we'll get paragon levels :P
    haha yeah that would be something huh...?
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

I would dislike 10 less levels of effort being put into designing the next expansion, which is how the current one has been handled...