Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't understand your obsession with eating a whole chicken? You want to lose weight but you don't want to lose muscle mass, that doesn't mean you should eat a whole chicken in one sitting unless you're doing Olympian training, which I'm sure you're not.

Edit: So you don't want to lose weight? You want to be fat and muscular?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Not really, it just takes a long ass time. Sure you can go full on Insanity Workout, or Crossfit. Then lose quite a bit of muscle. Though, if he just keeps his diet lean and MODERATES himself a bit more. It will fall in line and before he knows it, he will have abs.

Lean is made in the kitchen, not the gym. Plain and simple, ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE that has been working out for 3 years and hasn't bothered to pick some light reading about eating habits. That makes me HIGHLY suspicious of creditability.
    If you expect to be able to bulk up, muscle up then cut and keep ALL of the muscle you made, your dreaming.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are overweight - you do not need to eat a lot to keep or gain muscle mass - just exercise. Turn your fat into muscles.
    Had you no fat in your body - then yes a whole chicken sounds about right - per day that is. But I would recommend special protein mixes instead.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Eat it after your workout instead, and id eat chicken everyday ( which i do ) but not a whole chicken.
    You should probably lose the weight before you start worrying about muscle mass
    Look at this smart comment. Lose weight before you start lifitng = Lose the potential fat in your body that can be recreated to muscles. Just lose it first and regain it later.. Shows me you know exactly 0/10. Love these guys, know nothing about the body, yet they try to help us out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't understand your obsession with eating a whole chicken? You want to lose weight but you don't want to lose muscle mass, that doesn't mean you should eat a whole chicken in one sitting unless you're doing Olympian training, which I'm sure you're not.

Edit: So you don't want to lose weight? You want to be fat and muscular?
    I don't know what I want exactly.

I just HATE the thought of losing muscle mass that I already gained.

On the other hand, wouldn't a high protein diet work with a dilemma like this?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    If you are overweight - you do not need to eat a lot to keep or gain muscle mass - just exercise. Turn your fat into muscles.
    Had you no fat in your body - then yes a whole chicken sounds about right - per day that is. But I would recommend special protein mixes instead.
    Ehm, I don't think it works like that. Could be wrong though but I think it's a myth.

But it is true in one way though. :P
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-08 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Look at this smart comment. Lose weight before you start lifitng = Lose the potential fat in your body that can be recreated to muscles. Just lose it first and regain it later.. Shows me you know exactly 0/10. Love these guys, know nothing about the body, yet they try to help us out.
    Technically speak you aren't turning the fat into muscle, but the fat is used to fuel your exercise to gain the muscle mass.

Main thing people don't know about building muscle is you need to rest after workouts to let your muscles heal. Best way to get fit quickly is to alternate between endurence (running, hillclimbing, swimming) and weightlifting from day to day.

Also eating after exercise is good, since your metabolism is higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I didn't try to help anybody?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Ehm, I don't think it works like that. Could be wrong though but I think it's a myth.
    It works exactly like that (poetically speaking). Your fat is just stored FOOD. It's considered very beneficial for bodybuilding (beginner's level) to have fat in your body - so you do not need extra protein intake. and the fat is right there where you need it - all around your muscles.

The point is - a fresh food is more easily accessible for your body than your fat. So if you gonna eat a lot you will gain more weight even while exercising.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-11-08 at 12:16 PM.

I don't know what I want exactly.

I just HATE the thought of losing muscle mass that I already gained.

On the other hand, wouldn't a high protein diet work with a dilemma like this?
    If you ever want to burn that fat off, some of that muscle will go along with it. It's inevitable, but you'll feel a lot better about yourself once the fat is gone. Doesn't mean all of the muscle will go off, and doesn't mean you won't be able to build it again. Eating whole chickens just to try to cheat code your body into doing things it can't do isn't going to be good for you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    It works exactly like that. Your fat is just stored FOOD. It's considered very beneficial for bodybuilding (beginner's level) to have fat in your body - so you do not need extra protein intake. and the fat is right there where you need it - all around your muscles.
    I know it is stored food but of what things is the fat made off?
    Could it act as protein?

And alright, got a little advantage then in bodybuilding. :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you ever want to burn that fat off, some of that muscle will go along with it. It's inevitable, but you'll feel a lot better about yourself once the fat is gone. Doesn't mean all of the muscle will go off, and doesn't mean you won't be able to build it again. Eating whole chickens just to try to cheat code your body into doing things it can't do isn't going to be good for you.
    I know when I reach my goal I will be happy, it's true and I thought about it...

I will give it a try, otherwise just try again to lose weight and at least maintain and/or increase muscle mass, it can be done if I am correct, but it is really really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    I wouldn't have thought it was okay to eat an entire chicken before a work out o_O I work out a lot, and it's been a question very much on my mind. In truth, there is no proof that eating before working out or not actually makes any difference. Exercising on an empty stomach is a bad idea, but don't eat right before exercising, it's just a bad idea. The food doesn't get properly digested because the energy is being diverted from your organs to your muscles to keep up with your movements, so the food just sits there.

So don't exercise on an empty stomach, but don't eat right before working out, especially so much of something. The best thing to eat before working out is something with around 250 calories - it's frequently suggested that a bagel with cream cheese or something is best.

Sources: personal experience and dietition friends.
    I'd think peanut butter would be better. Heaps of protein and "healthy" fats. The bagel itself provides complex carbohydrates for energy.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I am no weightsmonkey mind you, more into running cycling. But eating a whole chicken before a workout sounds like a lot. You cant eat half of it before and half after?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it is stored food but of what things is the fat made off?
    Could it act as protein?
    Fat is fat - it's a standalone entity. Everything you eat (proteins, carbs and fat itself) - is turned into fat (the excesses, that is).
    Fat is fuel that can be used to build muscles. Skinny people need special protein mixes to gain muscle mass while bodybuilding.
    Overweight people - do not.
    Although bodybuilding is not an effective way to burn fat - fat is still burned to build muscles. So in fact you will be losing weight (fat weight) slowly (so if you do not want to get skinny - you are alright) - but if you gonna eat a whole chicken - you can get really overweight (fat wise).

And alright, got a little advantage then in bodybuilding. :P[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah, but when you burn it all - you will have to eat a lot to gain mass (if the gain is your goal).
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-11-08 at 12:32 PM.

Also, doesnt chicken have a lot of that stuff that makes you sleepy (the sleepy turkey deal)? Maybe it has adverse effects before and positive effects after training?

Deleted
    Fat is fat - it's a standalone entity. Everything you eat (proteins, carbs and fat itself) - is turned into fat (the excesses, that is).
    Fat is fuel that can be used to build muscles. Skinny people need special protein mixes to gain muscle mass while bodybuilding.
    Although bodybuilding is not an effective way to burn fat - fat is still burned to build muscles. So in fact you will be losing weight (fat weight) slowly (so if you do not want to get skinny - you are alright) - but if you gonna eat a whole chicken - you can get really overweight (fat wise).

Yeah, but when you burn it all - you will have to eat a lot to gain mass (if the gain is your goal).
    Don't want to go competitive or something, but I don't know...getting a little more buff wouldn't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Also, doesnt chicken have a lot of that stuff that makes you sleepy (the sleepy turkey deal)? Maybe it has adverse effects before and positive effects after training?
    Everything you eat - makes you sleepy. That is how our bodies work. "turkey deal" is a thanksgiving myth - you just eat and drink a lot and sitting at the table relaxed - sleepy feeling incoming. The only way a turkey meat can make you sleepy - is if you eat it on empty stomach - and only turkey meat alone.
    Anywho - chicken is not turkey.

But the overall after-eating-sleepiness - is the reason why you exercise first and eat after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although bodybuilding is not an effective way to burn fat - fat is still burned to build muscles. So in fact you will be losing weight (fat weight) slowly (so if you do not want get get skinny - you are alright) - but if you gonna eat a whole chicken - you can get really overweight (fat wise).
    Τhat's wrong.
    Fat does not builds muscle, fat is a source of energy, through breaking down into glycerol and then glucose, and is being stored as a reserved energy for your body in case there is no alternate source of glucose like carbohydrates.

That's why starving is initially is making you fat, because your body reacts at the starvation by storing everything it can into fat and getting the energy it needs from muscle catabolism, that's why when you are targeting to build muscle you have to be in a positive nitrogen balance aka calories surplus.

And weight training is a very effective way on losing fat, not as effective as cardio but you will eventually lose fat if you gain muscles since your body will need more calories to maintain the extra muscularity thus speeding up your metabolism.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-08 at 12:42 PM.

Eating an entire chicken in a single meal is over doing it unless it is the only meal you have had all day but even then you should try to eat smaller amounts throughout the day.

I suppose it wouldn't be such a bad thing to eat only chicken at every meal for an entire day though, just don't make a habit out of it.

I myself would rather start my day with a big slab of rare beef be it ribeye Tritip or even a greasy burger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Eating an entire chicken in a single meal is over doing it unless it is the only meal you have had all day but even then you should try to eat smaller amounts throughout the day.

I suppose it wouldn't be such a bad thing to eat only chicken at every meal for an entire day though, just don't make a habit out of it.

I myself would rather start my day with a big slab of rare beef be it ribeye Tritip or even a greasy burger.
    No, actually this will be the second time in my life eating an entire chicken.

Deleted
    are you tall, too? Because when I started workout when I was really overweight (330 lbs) with 6'5 ft I still ate really much....and I am still eating lot of crap....fastfood and whatever....I never really changed my food, and now I am still 6'5 ft tall (really!) with 290 lbs, but no longer fat as before. Which means, by doing some simple sport without changing something else I gained a lot of muscle mass but lost a lot of fat, so you only lose muscle weight when you actually change the food AND do sports, like they say in most diets....eat what you want (sugarfree!), do workout, and you will lose fat weight.