Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mining = Gold Mine!

I've been using mining the past several weeks and been making huge amounts of gold. I'd recommend if your looking for fast gold and you have mining near 540, I 'd say go to Pandaria and start farming b/c who knows when blizzard will hot fix the vein node spawn timers.

I've managed to get over 400 Ghost Iron ores in 30 mins or less. I usually do my farming in the northeastern part of the Jade Forest. Its a small island out there, Ores spawn rapidly too.

Deleted
    Whats your idea of huge amounts of gold? Mining alwats has good rewards, especially at the beginning of an expansion as its needed to kickstart several professions.

The spawns are fast because Blizzard added tons and tons of herbalism and ore nodes, and they respawn faster according to the amount of people in the zone.

Deleted
    The ores go for around 2 - 5 gold each if not lower on my server.

Deleted
    Was farming fool's cap like crazy at the start of MoP; made about 30k for 1hour of farm then ofc the prices went down rapidly and now it's not worth it anymore.
    Believe the same thing happen for ghost iron and considering the super fast respawn timers on all nodes, the prices wont go up any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    ore is 30/stack on my server. aint really a gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

ahh yeah, I see what your all saying, was making tons like cheery said. 30k in 1 hour. But since prices went down. But the bars are still selling for 120g a stack. They take 2 ores tho, but still worth it. :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    The ores go for around 2 - 5 gold each if not lower on my server.
    Hrm, thats extremely low for Ghost Iron ore. You sure they are going for that much? You talking stacks of 20 or just the ores it self?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    ore is 30/stack on my server. aint really a gold mine.
    yeah, the ores its self for a stack of 20 are going for about 60-70g on my server. But, it goes up and down.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Whats your idea of huge amounts of gold? Mining alwats has good rewards, especially at the beginning of an expansion as its needed to kickstart several professions.
    Like I said 30k in 1 hour, but Mining no matter what time it is in an xpack, provides good rewards to those who farm and sell raw mats or bars. Best part is its pure profit.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofZenon View Post
    Like I said 30k in 1 hour, but Mining no matter what time it is in an xpack, provides good rewards to those who farm and sell raw mats or bars. Best part is its pure profit.
    As ever advice like this is fairly meaningless as it's very server specific. Ore is 30g a stack or less on my server, it would be a total waste of my time to farm it instead of just buying what I need.

Also I mainly commented because the part I bolded makes me cringe every time I see it. Everything, including mining, has an opportunity cost. The time you spend mining (which is a lot to get any substantial amount of gold out of it) could be spent doing other things, the cost of the ore is the value of whatever else you could have done with that time. So it isn't 'pure' profit at all.

Ghostiron ore sells for 30-40G a stack on my server. Fool's cap gives 80-150 (before darkmoon) gold per stack, and is just as easily farmable.
    So I recommend farming herbs, or even better, have a char that can farm both. I have no idea why people are willing to pay these vast amounts for something that can be farmed that easily, with so many nodes and so quick node respawn. But I won't complain...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Ghostiron ore sells for 30-40G a stack on my server. Fool's cap gives 80-150 (before darkmoon) gold per stack, and is just as easily farmable.
    So I recommend farming herbs, or even better, have a char that can farm both. I have no idea why people are willing to pay these vast amounts for something that can be farmed that easily, with so many nodes and so quick node respawn. But I won't complain...
    Becayse they dont have a gatherer and some find it vv boring plus more profitable to spend theyr time elsewhere.

Please do keep posting about how much money you make with mining. Then I can buy all your cheap ore and make even more money with blacksmithing/jewelcrafting/alchemy/enchanting.

I think this is just merely a matter of someone who realized that they can make gold with a gathering profession. Mining is not a gold mine any more than any other gathering profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As ever advice like this is fairly meaningless as it's very server specific. Ore is 30g a stack or less on my server, it would be a total waste of my time to farm it instead of just buying what I need.

Also I mainly commented because the part I bolded makes me cringe every time I see it. Everything, including mining, has an opportunity cost. The time you spend mining (which is a lot to get any substantial amount of gold out of it) could be spent doing other things, the cost of the ore is the value of whatever else you could have done with that time. So it isn't 'pure' profit at all.
    ahh. I see. I only said that b/c you post the raw mats which cost nothing onto the AH, but technically it isn't worth your time, like you said, b/c you could be using it on diff. Profs to make more gold than anything you could do by just farming hours on end.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    I think this is just merely a matter of someone who realized that they can make gold with a gathering profession. Mining is not a gold mine any more than any other gathering profession.
    Yeah, your correct there, however it can be easier than others on the start of a new x-pack.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Please do keep posting about how much money you make with mining. Then I can buy all your cheap ore and make even more money with blacksmithing/jewelcrafting/alchemy/enchanting.
    lol, yeah you could do that to make tons of gold.
    Shaman (19 - Twink) + Feral Druid (90) PvP Guides/Unique videos check out:
    YouTube.com/WorldofZenon

Deleted
    Wait a minute you are making 30k an hour based on farming 800 or an hour.

So that's amounts to 750g per stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    mining at the start of mop was lovely :S got 30k in the first two days

haven't checked the prices lately but i would assume they are a lot lower as ghost iron is everywhere :P

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I have no idea why people are willing to pay these vast amounts for something that can be farmed that easily, with so many nodes and so quick node respawn.
    Because the amount of gold you save on mats can typically be made up with increased sales of crafted goods by not spending time farming. Additionally, when you farm, you drive down the price of raw materials by increasing the supply. This leads to cheaper crafted materials. When you buy raw mats off the AH, you drive up the price of raw materials and consequently the price of crafted materials but in this case, you're getting the raw goods for a cheaper price than the next guy, so your crafted goods will have a higher profit margin than his.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    mining at the start of mop was lovely :S got 30k in the first two days

haven't checked the prices lately but i would assume they are a lot lower as ghost iron is everywhere :P
    Hehe, was getting 5k a stack of Ghost Iron Ore. Oh and Golden Lotuses for 3.5k, insane prices

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Quoted for the truth.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Wait a minute you are making 30k an hour based on farming 800 or an hour.

So that's amounts to 750g per stack.
    I was thinking 30k was a tad Farfetche'd....

Even if the OP is exaggerating a little probably a lot but whatever, like others have said, it is really server based on pretty much anything you can sell in the AH. I mean, something as profitable as the agi DMC the first week the DMC ended only sold for 45k on my server, where as a friend of mine sold it for 120k on his.

Inscription is still beating all others right now with DMF cards, I can make around 1k profit per card right now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh