Deleted

Looking for a new Gaming Headset with mic! Need some recommendations.

Hi, I want to buy a new head set with a built in mic but not sure which is a good one to buy. It needs to have good audio quality for music and sound and since I share my computer room with another person, I want to be able to have the music loud but I do not want them to be able to hear it clearly like the one I have now.

Also the cheap head set I'm wearing now can be painful on the ears over a long period of time so comfort is something I want to look for in a new one as well.

My budget can only stretch to £50 maximum (ideally around £30-£40) however and I would prefer to be able to buy it from Amazon.co.uk

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2012-11-08 at 12:35 PM.

I'm using a Logitech G35 which i like. Sure it has it's faults and can always be better but there are no perfect headsets out there. I got them pretty cheap 90$ in total, (swedish price with WAT inc and such). What i like about them are the company behind them. They have by far the best customer care i have experience. If anything is wrong with them they just send out a new one. With no hassel, and they cancle out sound really well for the surrounding members.

But other gaming headsets do exist, Razer got them, Steelseries, but the steelseries ones i have had problem with, atleast their 7.1 headsets. So just dive in and check.

I was going to recommend Corsair Vengeance 2000 until I read your budget.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CA-9...2386313&sr=8-4

This is still at the upper end of your budget, but you would not be disappointed by the comfort and sound quality if you are already set on a headset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEden View Post
    I'm using a Logitech G35 which i like. Sure it has it's faults and can always be better but there are no perfect headsets out there. I got them pretty cheap 90$ in total, (swedish price with WAT inc and such). What i like about them are the company behind them. They have by far the best customer care i have experience. If anything is wrong with them they just send out a new one. With no hassel, and they cancle out sound really well for the surrounding members.

But other gaming headsets do exist, Razer got them, Steelseries, but the steelseries ones i have had problem with, atleast their 7.1 headsets. So just dive in and check.
    The G35 is close to perfect for me...the only fault that I can think off is that Dead Island doesn't work with the G35 very often. The sound quality is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Looking for a new Gaming Headset with mic!
    It needs to have good audio quality for music and sound
    My budget can only stretch to £50 maximum (ideally around £30-£40)
    Pick two, and I might be able to help you. But a gaming headset with good quality sound for <£160? No.
    Good sound for music, <£50 and mic? No.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Been looking at this headset:

Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset

So far it seems to have everything I need. I need a wired USB headset since I've never liked wireless ones and they tend to be more expensive.

It will not be anything special, but at least slightly above sub-par headsets like SteelSeries Siberia-ones and the like. No reason not to.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    It must be better than this cheap one I brought for around £10's though surely. I have never had a very high quality, expensive headset so I am not expecting much but just as long as it suits my needs such as better adio performance, nice quality when listening to music, does not cause noise issues, can be used very well when chatting on Skype etc, and is not easy for others around me to hear the sound.

The one I have at the moment, you can hear the sound so clearly when it is on someone else as if your wearing it which is terrible.

Been looking at this headset:

Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset

So far it seems to have everything I need. I need a wired USB headset since I've never liked wireless ones and they tend to be more expensive.
    I own that headset, very comfortable, awesome sound from both mic and speakers.

Only rub is that it gets a little warm when wearing in a warm room.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEden View Post

I can +1 this, I bought my G35's from E-bay over a year ago for around £40, never had a problem with them good quality microphone & good sound quality and the surround sound isn't to shabby.

Deleted
    Cannot decide between these two:

Corsair Vengeance 1500
    and
    Plantronics Gamecom 780 PC

They both seem to have the same features but the second is much cheaper...

Deleted
    Cannot decide between these two:

Corsair Vengeance 1500
    and
    Plantronics Gamecom 780 PC

They both seem to have the same features but the second is much cheaper...
    usually a reason for things being much cheaper (or atleast corsair isn't known for overpricing)