Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've been hit by the discs before, although I've not been in their visual. The rule of World of Warcraft is that the effect is always bigger then the visual. That said, getting hit once isn't a big deal, twice is annoying, three times you're just failing.

Deleted
    It was no problem for me when we started raiding (around 16:00CET).
    But when we came back after 19:00 (and more people would have started raiding) I took damage several times when nowhere near any discs.

Not sure how stuff like that works server-client wise. Maybe I just got tired and started sucking dick at playing videogames.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was really mad when people still kept getting hit by the disc, a couple of tries later though I got hit a few times (without dying) by discs that weren't even close to me. From then on I have been quiet and whether ppl die or not has a little RNG in it I guess.

I've noticed that sometimes I would even go thru a disc and not get hit.

I have also noticed it looks like if someone else is getting hit its like the disc is multiplying into another one or changing its direction we had a really bad pug melee that kept getting hit i had never had a problem before but whenever behind him nothing i could do escape it ever. Rule make sure max melee distance and dont bring bad pugs

I had it about the same as on the video. In same pull, I avoided first wave of them perfectly, then second time, I was strafing in same way as before and got hit by all of them, even though I haven't touched the animation at all.

After more than ~120 pulls on Zorlok on heroic difficulty I can say that there is no bug per se with those rings. However, I can say that OP is absolutely right that the inner circle is completely different than the outer circle.

I was saying there is no bug, however the graphics don't actually match the hitboxes/correct movement of the sonic rings. You should not run in the mid area between the outer and inner circle but very much closer to the inner circle. This is the same for every fight, no bugs or anything. You just need to know you need to run closer to the inner circle just as OP stated.

If you experience any other issues, your latency is probaby crap or you just lagged out.

It's, most definitely, latency. Don't forget that all latency numbers are round trip as well. This, coupled up with the fact that your game client tries to do some "anticipation" as to where you are and how you moved can prove some odd results.

Your game sees you moving forward, and says to the server "hey, i'm moving forward". The server comes back and says "OK, you're here now" and your game replies with "now i'm here" etc. It goes back and forth.

For things that are very tight during movement like these disc, it's easy for your game to say "hey i'm moving forward!" and move your character on your screen, then the server reply with "whoa whoa, you got hit here dude". The result is you get hit, and it looks like you weren't there.

The big rule here is to remember that the server always has the final say. If you're cutting it close and getting hit, then give it a bit more room. Try moving a little bit further out when you run the circle, give it a tad more breathing room. You've got to find what's right for your latency and setup.

This is pretty clear on the fight. Watch other people, half the time it looks like they are running right through the damn rings. But they aren't. My client is trying to anticipate where they move a bit, and trying to anticipate how the rings move. That's a lot of guess work for my client to be doing. The result looks like my guild mates are effing bad and running straight into rings. Even if they aren't.
    Last edited by Ceejjay; 2012-11-08 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejjay View Post
    It's, most definitely, latency.[...]
    But it really isn't. At least in my case (if you haven't read my post, it's informative on the discs). I'm playing with 20ms. So is most of my raid. If it was latency we would have to move further out because the discs would be further out than we'd see them. This is not the case. We're walking in a very much smaller circle very close to the inner one, partly even touching the inner discs without getting damage. It's simply an issue of the hitbox & movement not exactly matching with the graphic.
    It's not an issue since it's always (as in every try) this way and it's not causing any trouble. Just sharing the information.

I will try to get Fraps running for a phase and upload the video.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2012-11-08 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I have 30-50 latency and getting hit by them even when trying to go as "middle" of them i can. Something just ain't right with the way they are working just like the video above shows. Few tries there and then i don't get any damage from them, but then later i die to them "hitting" me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I was really mad when people still kept getting hit by the disc, a couple of tries later though I got hit a few times (without dying) by discs that weren't even close to me. From then on I have been quiet and whether ppl die or not has a little RNG in it I guess.

I've noticed that sometimes I would even go thru a disc and not get hit.
    https://twitter.com/ImperialVizier/s...20366623260672
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

The only times I've been hit by the discs were when I screwed up. I always stay in the middle area, which somebody mentioned is a bad place where you'll get hit a lot. I don't even run in a circle. I stand still and cast a spell while I let two discs past right by on both sides, move a yard or so over then repeat. I get plenty of casts off doing this, actually.

I'm not saying there's no bug, but this is right in the middle area, and I'm squeaking between discs with very little margin for error. Several in my guild are doing the same thing with no problem. Seems really accurate to us. If it helps, I run about ~50 ms.

I'm having the same issue. It's worst the further I'm from the boss. I'm at 60ms. I try to stay really close to boss but i occasionally get hit and it's really annoying to put stress on healers. Guess I will play with graphics setting in hopes it fixes it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Something like this?
    Thanks for posting this video as this does shows exactly what is happening which I am sure is not intended.

Although I don't stop and just keep runing i used to keep right in the middle just like in this video ferral was. And this is not a lag. When you have a lag you can see everyone standing still and all of the sudden they BOOM are in another place or just move very very quickly.

To me there is enviroment animation issue that in some clients (could be vga driver issues/game data/corrupted file) discs are not drawn correctly (in a simmilar way there was a delay during Nefarian fight) and this is why I need to run closer to inner circles. This causes my positioning info sent to server be correct to be between the discs even though my client animation gets my touching inner discs. Again with LAG i would not see the discs until their are all of the sudden appear next to me They would catch up with me and my positioning if this would be down to lag.

I play with 40-75ms and this is perfectly fine.

we only had 3 tries this week and i forgot to swtich the recording on before he dided so can't upload it to show you how i do it .
    Last edited by mmoc0e290119fb; 2012-11-09 at 11:09 AM.

What's this about mouse strafing having less latency? I haven't heard that before. Anyone got more information?
    Ashr

This was fixed in a hotfix. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better. Stick close to the inner circle as you run and it's easy.