The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking newb lock question

Ok, so I'm pretty much a newb and I was wondering, what would the most viable dps be for me a shaman/lock(me)/and the other dps?
    Also, for you destro locks out there or any lock, is my reforging/gemming ok? http us.battle.net/wow/en/ character/area-52/Jonnyrollove/simple
    Last but not least, is demo or destro better for 3s? and why?

Sorry for all the questions. And thank you very much for your input, friendly or non friendly. Thanks guys!

All i know is that Demo isnt very good for Arenas as it takes a very long time to ramp up an acceptable amount of rage to transform with, and probably a class which grants stat buffs (I.e Mark of the Wild, Kings, Legacy of the Emporer, Mark of the Shale Spider) would be most ideal
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

I would suggest to go affliction since u are new with locks mechanics. I think a shadow priest will be good for the last member of ur 3v3.I strongly suggest to see videos-read forums about the affliction spec since its the one i suggest.If u are new then u will find urself in tough situations if u play destro but and forgive me for this long-self talking but when i 1st dinged lvl 70 back in TBC with my 1st wow char (lock) i made a decision i will suck in pvp-arenas but ill play whatever i like,back then i was (honestly) a low gear lock pvping in bgs with his ( according to me ) too low for last talent shadow fury and with void( it gives shield!).Suddenly a friend of mine told me WTF U DOING NOOB,forgot to say it was my 1st mmo, go read some forums etc etc but i couldnt find something really usefull about destro locks (SL/SL was too strong).THANK GOD and i still love him really much Drakedog realesed his 7th vide.I was watching it endlessly 10 times per day i wrote down why/when/cause for every move he made and i tracked him for next videos(i also read comments that compared him with other destro locks to see their videos too).I never manage to get a high rate from then until now but ill say one thign that im proud of: i have many SS with ppl telling me "wow nice destro" and the friend of mine that told me noob said in Wolk if i remember right "man i hate afflictions like hell but i love u so much when u pvp".Finally go back to videos from ppl that are good in arena check even every noobish lock that want to make a video,check their glyphs and talent but dont copy them think of em "why he use this" "why he didnt do that " put some times to this wonderfull spec and u will be rewarded trust me.
    Last edited by akon; 2012-11-08 at 03:00 PM.

I suggest you to go demonology.Even they say that fury is hard to built up it is ok.Just corruption every target use fel flames (pet will help you too etc).
    If you can manage teamwork and your cd you will have better burst phase than any other spec.

First and foremost,your burst phase as demo is better and harded to be avoided than destro that only has a 3 sec cast.Being focused as destro will make it a lot harded to build embers which you will most propably use to heal yourself instead of nuke, while as demo corruption on everyone and fel flames can do the work.
    Demo knockback and leap can give you extra utility or defensive mechanics for you or your team (knockbacking someone over the bridge etc can be very important).
    You have more options in playstyle than destro.For example Service can give you a pretty good cleave cd or single target burst while supremancy can give you better damage over time and along with glyph of demon training sacrificial pact can give you a very nice 215k+ shield.etc etc etc...
    But you would go for what you like and feel more confortable with...

Demo is very viable in arena and most top tier locks are sticking with it atm as far as i can tell mostly because you can overall manage things better and have better versatility than other specs

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Demo is very viable in arena and most top tier locks are sticking with it atm as far as i can tell mostly because you can overall manage things better and have better versatility than other specs
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?c=9&e=pvp&r=&w=&a=23&n=

That's not true, most top PVP locks are destruction right now

I think i said top tier not general...For example you will see becks stream using mostly demo over destro atm for 3s while using destro for 2s

I suggest you to go demonology.Even they say that fury is hard to built up it is ok.Just corruption every target use fel flames (pet will help you too etc).
    If you can manage teamwork and your cd you will have better burst phase than any other spec.

First and foremost,your burst phase as demo is better and harded to be avoided than destro that only has a 3 sec cast.Being focused as destro will make it a lot harded to build embers which you will most propably use to heal yourself instead of nuke, while as demo corruption on everyone and fel flames can do the work.
    Demo knockback and leap can give you extra utility or defensive mechanics for you or your team (knockbacking someone over the bridge etc can be very important).
    You have more options in playstyle than destro.For example Service can give you a pretty good cleave cd or single target burst while supremancy can give you better damage over time and along with glyph of demon training sacrificial pact can give you a very nice 215k+ shield.etc etc etc...
    But you would go for what you like and feel more confortable with...

The 50% reduce health due to soullink worries me tbh i find it really bad but still balanced for the 50% dmg reduction for the lock but y sure demo spec its a really good spec for locks too atm

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    The 50% reduce health due to soullink worries me tbh i find it really bad but still balanced for the 50% dmg reduction for the lock but y sure demo spec its a really good spec for locks too atm
    Demo doesnt use soul link,mostly sacrificial pact is the way to go (along with glyph of demon training for better shield) or else you go for dark bargain.
    Soul link atm is viable only with GoSac (affli or demo) for the extra 20% stamina buff, but mostly these specs will go for dark bargain i guess

Demo doesnt use soul link,mostly sacrificial pact is the way to go (along with glyph of demon training for better shield) or else you go for dark bargain.
    Soul link atm is viable only with GoSac (affli or demo) for the extra 20% stamina buff, but mostly these specs will go for dark bargain i guess
    Just something different from the post theme but isnt kinda sad to speak for locks without soul link? i find it terrible and its one of the reason i stopped playing my lock after 4,5 years

P.S Pitakos Greek mon?

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    Just something different from the post theme but isnt kinda sad to speak for locks without soul link? i find it terrible and its one of the reason i stopped playing my lock after 4,5 years

P.S Pitakos Greek mon?
    yeah it is sad soul link was nice but atm pvp wise isnt the most viable choice i guess in my opinion.

And yes i am

yeah it is sad soul link was nice but atm pvp wise isnt the most viable choice i guess in my opinion.

And yes i am
    Well i find it really a pure demo skill to ignore it since u gain the 20% health on felguard with glyph and since u can always avoid some burst or buy ur self some time i think its the best choise afterwards when CDs are off,shield though is better for the burst,Imo i prefer soul link for demos.Pame ligo lock etsi giati mou leipei <3

1. go demo
    2. use meta,pop trinket, ds, sac pet
    3. proceed to gib someone with two 100k chaos wave noncrits.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    1. go demo
    2. use meta,pop trinket, ds, sac pet
    3. proceed to gib someone with two 100k chaos wave noncrits.
    any particular rotation? lol and what talents good sir? Is my gemming ok as well? the reforging too

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    any particular rotation? lol and what talents good sir? Is my gemming ok as well? the reforging too
    Sorry, i'm not particularly sure, as it's not me but my arena mate who plays a warlock right now, and he's pretty much steamrolling people @ demo.

Obviously the most viable DPS would be a warrior then a mage (It's the same for every comp really)
    Demono is probably the best spec right now because you never cast anything and have a pretty decent burst with sac pet, and without sac pet you can get a 25% ms

First off if your playing three's i would go affliction, you can throw around more dots and better damage

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    but i was told aff is super weak right now D: the burst dmg isn't enough. I'm currently running wtih a resto sham/spriest.