Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would hate 10 levels at MoP rates, I hate leveling and when you have multiple characters to get to max level it becomes a pain.

In regards to the lvl 100 thing, Back in Vanilla there was a blue post that stated "We don't want levels to get super high and see 100 as being a pretty good spot". Of course things have changed since then and I don't think that will be the case anymore, but what people are saying was at one time valid.

Deleted
    I would prefer a nice round 100 next to my icon next XPac. 95 would seem...incomplete.

But quite honestly, this XPac just started no need to talk about next one yet...

Deleted
    I prefer 10 level intervals, but only because I dislike odd numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't understand what makes the number 100 so magical...? It's a number like any other? =/

I doubt they will do it but I would like it because it would make soloing old content even easier, each level above makes a huge difference.
    It's not really a magical number, it is more a business psychological number. Once the game goes past 100 levels you could probably notice a decline in new subscriptions, some people will see the 100 and believe that it's just too much to level. Just like the old psychological $99.99 instead of just selling something for $100 even. I'm sure there are plenty of studies of the psychology of marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 100 is a kind of big number. For me it would depend on how many more expansions they think they're going to end up releasing.

If they think there will only be one more than sure, 10 more levels and a 100 cap would be fine. If they want 2 or more expansions I'd say keep going in increments of 5 levels each expansion. Otherwise it will take even longer to level fresh characters, put off new players, and the need for item crunch would be greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't understand what makes the number 100 so magical...? It's a number like any other? =/

I doubt they will do it but I would like it because it would make soloing old content even easier, each level above makes a huge difference.
    It's more likely due to the game was designed only for 100 levels.

EQ2 is designed for 200 levels, for example, and why they're still doing 10 level expansions (with 1 year expansion packs, they will hit that limit in 10 years).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I would LOVE 10 more levels in an expansion the size and pace of TBC and Wrath.

100 isn't a magic number, though. They have more than 2 more expansions planned. Unless they implement an alternate advancement system at 100, we'll keep climbing.

Deleted
    Why does everyone think they won't go past level 100?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Why does everyone think they won't go past level 100?
    not all, mostly people who want Wow to die ASAP. WoW has 10 years more easily, and we will go way above 100.

Personnaly, I would prefer to see level 100, but the leveling time should also be longer than for five levels. On the other hand, there should be 2 spells and 1 talent per 5 levels, so that leveling has some sense.

But, I believe that keeping the interest of the players for the game is more important, and that there should be one new heroic class (so that new players are not obliged to level up the 100 levels if they choose that new heroic class, and that they can still level up some alts from the beginning after having levelled their first heroic class character).

And there should also be one or two new major professions.

On the other hand, we can imagine some new vehicules for players like submarines, etc.

As others have said, I'd love to see 10 lvls with multiple paths for lvling ala wrath and bc. They really need to be sensible about it and make lvling alts less painful though --- no more daily gating (ever) and bring back boa flying.

i hope for 9lvl and the last one as legendarky q chain reward D

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I would hate 10 levels at MoP rates, I hate leveling and when you have multiple characters to get to max level it becomes a pain.

In regards to the lvl 100 thing, Back in Vanilla there was a blue post that stated "We don't want levels to get super high and see 100 as being a pretty good spot". Of course things have changed since then and I don't think that will be the case anymore, but what people are saying was at one time valid.
    If you had to lvl 10 more levels in mop instead of 5 you'd still be at max in the same time spent. It's just a number for leveling purposes. When there were 10 lvl to gain, you would level twice as fast as you did now.

Actually I would like to see an expansion that it doesn't add any more levels at all. Just introduce a ton more end game stuff.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does it matter if its 5 or 10? They will have the same amount of leveling content regardless. 10 levels will just feel easy because 5 levels of exp is spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What does it matter if its 5 or 10? They will have the same amount of leveling content regardless.
    Not always... Cata had less leveling content than Wrath did (easily searchable by looking at how many quests you needed to finish each zone achievement).

10+ Year Old Account
    They both have their pros and cons. I thought leveling in Mop felt realyl good. Like someone said earlier in a post it wasn't to long but you couldn't just faceroll it. What i like leveling ten levels more then five is that you can create a larger story and really get into the expansion theme more. Wrath is a pretty good example that they tried to do. LK was pretty much everywhere through the leveling experience, I liked that.

But at the end of the day idc i like both, we all try to race to max level anyways.

Deleted
    I want two expansions focused around the Burning Legion. The 1st, set on Azeroth/Outland, fighting the invading armies at 95. A revamped Outland would probably be needed here and possibly even a revamped Northrend. The second? I want to go to Argus and fight the heart of the Burning Legion at level 100, eventually leading up to Sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    Maybe bump raid unlocks back two weeks instead of the one with MoP. The Realm Firsters can do their thing, and everyone else can do their thing.
    Raid blocks are the stupidest thing that happen this expansion and it is only a way to block players because they are too lazy to get more raids up in time. All raids should had been available since day 1 and not 1 month and half later -.-''

Deleted
    I would definitely prefer the next cap to be at 100 over 95.