Resto Druid CD management on Vizier

We've downed this fight, so this isn't urgent, but I'm looking for some feedback on how other Resto Druids are managing their CD's for F&V. The platform phase isn't an issue as we only see two, so I'm NV/Tranqing the first one and ToL prehotting the second and letting blooms go off which seems to work well with the other healer cd's. My main question would be how are people using their CD's for the last phase (stacking or splitting) and what healing strategies are you using when you don't have any CD's to blow?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Wait.. are you using tol and lifeblooming everyone? How can you have enough globals to do that?

F&V phase was really hard to heal for us. I tried NV+Tranq like you did but it wasn't really enough to keep everyone up so I decided to just TOL+NV+TRANQ

If you have to heal through Force and verve.. I would just make sure that I have shrooms up + have rejuv on everyone for that phase. Then I would spam single target heals because that seems like the only way to heal through that damage. (Ofc I would use 2 globals for swiftmend and WG)

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Wait.. are you using tol and lifeblooming everyone? How can you have enough globals to do that?

F&V phase was really hard to heal for us. I tried NV+Tranq like you did but it wasn't really enough to keep everyone up so I decided to just TOL+NV+TRANQ

If you have to heal through Force and verve.. I would just make sure that I have shrooms up + have rejuv on everyone for that phase. Then I would spam single target heals because that seems like the only way to heal through that damage. (Ofc I would use 2 globals for swiftmend and WG)
    You can ToL for the second one on the platform cuz you know when it's coming. I pop ToL in advance and usually can have most of the group rolling a LB for when it hits. For phase 2 you can't really do that, but if you are good on mana saving ToL for a second F&V for instant regrowths can be a good thing if you can, at least for me it has been.

Is it 10 man? How many healers you got? And how many F&V are you getting on the right platform?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Is it 10 man? How many healers you got? And how many F&V are you getting on the right platform?
    Sorry, it is 10m, and we deal with two on the platform. We really don't have any issues on the platform, I'm more looking at how to manage things for phase 2 personally. Up to then there are no issues. Our healers are Monk, Disc and myself for the fight and we've killed it, I just think I could be doing a lot better in terms of how I handle F&V's in phase 2. To be fair we have a lot of death to things like attenuation immediately after a F&V, so that's not a healer issue, but I know things get pretty dicey as the fight gets close to over. I really don't give a damn about meters and parses, just keeping people alive, so not looking for ways to max my healing in that sense, only in terms of keeping people alive.

For phase 2 we try to rotate healers cooldowns just like on phase 1, except that now you should expect to get 3-4 F&V... If you get 4 you might run out of cds, I'd have priest spir shell 1st (so it should be up again on 4rth), monk's cd (which is weak) on 2nd (maybe with you going ToL to help out), tranq 3rd, priest spir shell 4rth. Do you have warrior? Make him pop that damage reducing banner on whichever F&V ppl are dying the most. Also, you can call for ppl to use their lock stones (if u got one) etc...

As a resto druid I really like being able to save ppl's ass while moving on discs. We had 2 dpsers dying to that shit all the time and I started to keep LB up on one with rejuv and tossed another rejuv on the other one with SM ready to save whoever is about to die

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    For phase 2 we try to rotate healers cooldowns just like on phase 1, except that now you should expect to get 3-4 F&V... If you get 4 you might run out of cds, I'd have priest spir shell 1st (so it should be up again on 4rth), monk's cd (which is weak) on 2nd (maybe with you going ToL to help out), tranq 3rd, priest spir shell 4rth. Do you have warrior? Make him pop that damage reducing banner on whichever F&V ppl are dying the most. Also, you can call for ppl to use their lock stones (if u got one) etc...

As a resto druid I really like being able to save ppl's ass while moving on discs. We had 2 dpsers dying to that shit all the time and I started to keep LB up on one with rejuv and tossed another rejuv on the other one with SM ready to save whoever is about to die
    Yeah, I definitely HoT the people who have issues with attenuation and throw a WG during it as well, the people dying are the melee who just aren't getting away from the boss in time (they'll figure it out) after a F&V when the Attenuation is basically following it up immediately. Can't do much about healing that cuz they just fall over. CD rotations and using all our class abilities is fine, we have a rotation in place, tho I'll be discussing it with the RL this week as I think we could change that to be better. I'm more curious how you support heal when it's not your CD's in use. Rejuv blanket or glyphed Regrowth spam would seem the two options, I'm not sure which will be better.

Another quick question. For this fight in 10m do you think glyphed WG for the extra target is better than unglyphed?

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    ... I'm more curious how you support heal when it's not your CD's in use. Rejuv blanket or glyphed Regrowth spam would seem the two options, I'm not sure which will be better.

Another quick question. For this fight in 10m do you think glyphed WG for the extra target is better than unglyphed?
    Rejuv blank on ppl with the lowest health at the start and glyphed regrowth when someone is in life danger. WG on cd during that phase, and I always use the glyphed one to hit that 1 extra person (eventhough not sure if its mathematically better or now).

Also, we got 2 other strong healers so I know I don't need to pop ToL when tranquin on phase 3 (we manage to stay alive) so I save it for the 4th F&V since we will be out of strong raids cd's for that 4th one..

Swiftmend+WG for every F&V, alternate Tranq and ToL. Raid should push for only 1 F&V, especially if it's the last platform.

As for the glyph, I don't see why you wouldn't use the WG glyph; it's more than worth the extra cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Swiftmend+WG for every F&V, alternate Tranq and ToL. Raid should push for only 1 F&V, especially if it's the last platform.

As for the glyph, I don't see why you wouldn't use the WG glyph; it's more than worth the extra cd.
    Well, I think that's mathematically questionable in a situation where you are having to cast WG on cd for an extended period of time. Without the glyph in 40 seconds you can have a total of 25 targets hit by WG without the CD, with the glyph, you can have 24 in the same time frame, so in a situation where you are actually using it on CD I think unglyphed may be better (mathematically). However, in during a 10 second channel, you'd be able to hit 12 targets rather than 10, which would seem to make it more valuable for this fight, because there is no need to be using it on cd for extended periods of time. There's also the minor issue of having the 'muscle memory of casting it right after it falls of rather than having to wait two seconds and finding myself wasting a button click trying to cast it while it's still on CD, which of course will self correct if I use the glyph more. The other factor is that in 10 man you sometimes aren't able to have 6 people grouped up enough to make use of the extra application, tho that wouldn't be an issue for F&V. I have been using this glyph for this fight, tho I certainly don't think use of this glyph in 10m is a no brainer.
    Last edited by ganush; 2012-11-08 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Firstly, run with 2 healers. You will have problems in last phase, if you wont kill boss fast enough he will overwhelm your raid with specials.

Healing thru F&V is quite simple if you make dpsers help you out - were using my tranq+shamans healing cd, on next F&V priests hymn+spriests healing cd. Just make sure your raid is correctly spread underneath the barriers and you pop tranq as soon as possible.

If you dont have any dps to help you outheal the damage consider specing to SotF, prepop int potion, swiftmend urself and pop tranq. Should work. Good luck.

You should switch to 3 healers, the fight is much easier that way. Also, you should have big raid CDs where one is enough to heal through one F&V phase (eg. Tranq, Hymne). When no CD is available, tell everyone to use personal CDs and HS for that phase. It's really not that difficult to heal through with 3 healers.

normal mode? we just use one healer CD per bubble/shell. and only hero on the first in p2

3 healers though