X-Box 360 Flashdrive question. HALO 4

So I have a terrible hard drive on my Xbox 360 because I simply don't play it. But i decided to pick up halo 4 and such to game with some friends. It requires 8 gigs alone for the multiplayer before you can even play it. It's a 2 disc game and you cannot get past this without the 8 gig storage room. My question is will a flash drive work if I pick up a 16 gig flash drive and plug it in / use their configure option. I read this microsoft post here and it looks like I can.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...sb-flash-drive

But im curious to will this work for multiplayer?
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2012-11-08 at 06:50 PM.

But I cannot play Co-OP and multiplayer this way correct? Just curious, like online Co-OP missions.

I put disc 1 in, installed, did my profile my load out all that, then said install disc 2, i have 3.1g availble and it says halo is currently only taking up 64kb. Why is this? Im going to delete it and try your way right now just curious to why 1 took up 64 and it says 2 is 8

Mmm I deleted all of disc 1, shut off the xbox, took disc 2 out put it back in and still says I don't have enough space. Im just going to run up to the source and grab a 15$ flash stick, just want to make sure that method should work right? It's not just for the RPG aspect flash drives work online multiplayer too?

Btw thanks for all the info, very very helpful.

Yeah I just retryed it, still not working. I guess ill try the flash stick.

Yes, you can use a flash drive for it, it's how I used to play before getting a HDD for the Xbox. Loading times won't be as fast but it's completely doable.

Remember, any flash drive will work from any brand so don't buy expensive ones just because it says Xbox on it. Even if you buy one that's bigger than 16Gb it will still work, the only difference is that you'll only be able to use 16Gb regardless of how big it is.