Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    Hand of Purity works well for Elegon's Breath attack, if you have two Paladins with it you can very nicely remove a good portion of damage from the Elegon tank, especially combined with a Hand of Sac when the add is exploding.
    Thats actually really good to know. I didn't think it would work with Elegon's Breath. The spell is kind of funky because Elegon casts a spell on himself so that allows him to cast another spell that's considered periodic damage.

I've added it to the list.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does this work on Garalon's Pheromones? I'd assume so..

I actually used Hand of Purity when my guild was struggling on the 1st two MSV bosses. Atm i'm going with Unbreakable Spirit except on The Spirit Kings where i'm using HoP to remove the debuffs from Subetai The Swift.

I'd want some logs to back up some of these claims. I tried it on Pheromones and Elegon's breath and am pretty sure Hand of Purity doesn't work on either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    I'd want some logs to back up some of these claims. I tried it on Pheromones and Elegon's breath and am pretty sure Hand of Purity doesn't work on either of them.
    Yeah I tried the Elegon's Breath this week and looking through the logs its not working. On Heroic, Celestial Breath is supposed to do 61.7k to 68.2k damage per tick.

Code:
    [20:52:31.011] Xebren casts Hand of Purity on Xebren
    [20:52:31.395] Xebren gains Hand of Purity from Xebren
    [20:52:36.165] Elegon Celestial Breath Xebren 62795
    [20:52:36.618] Elegon Celestial Breath Xebren 64000
    [20:52:36.977] Elegon Celestial Breath Xebren 65579
    [20:52:37.321] Xebren's Hand of Purity fades from Xebren
    All 3 ticks hit for the expected amount during Hand of Purity. I'm going to remove it from the list unless someone can show logs where it works.

I think it also works on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's Cry of Terror, pretty useful when going to the dissonance field, i'll try to confirm it in my raid tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    I think it also works on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's Cry of Terror, pretty useful when going to the dissonance field, i'll try to confirm it in my raid tonight
    You should be taking Clemency for that fight as the Dissonance field damage is all physical. Of course, if you have enough Paladins to have all the Dissonance Fields covered by HoProts, then the other Paladins could definitely grab HoPurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xindora View Post
    Does this work on Garalon's Pheromones? I'd assume so..
    I assumed so myself, but after several hours of trying it out, I can confirm it does nada to pheromones - hand of purity seems quite useless in the PvE scene if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    I assumed so myself, but after several hours of trying it out, I can confirm it does nada to pheromones - hand of purity seems quite useless in the PvE scene if you ask me.
    I wouldn't call it useless. I think its very strong on Feng and Amber-Shaper. Especially for Amber-Shaper because the abomination casts go out right near the Parasitic Growth cast. Very useful it it happens to pick a healer.