A Question of Storyline - Episode 7+

Why does everyone assume that Disney will go off the extended universe for the next movies? Honestly, that would be a terrible idea.

They would satisfy VERY few people. Remember, the MAJORITY of the people going to see these movies will not be avid star wars nerds who know the resulting storyline backwards and forwards. Disney gets to establish whatever canon they want now.

Also, do any of the marvel movies follow the comics exactly? or even very closely?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomergon View Post
    Why does everyone assume that Disney will go off the extended universe for the next movies? Honestly, that would be a terrible idea.

They would satisfy VERY few people. Remember, the MAJORITY of the people going to see these movies will not be avid star wars nerds who know the resulting storyline backwards and forwards. Disney gets to establish whatever canon they want now.

Also, do any of the marvel movies follow the comics exactly? or even very closely?
    The movies do follow marvel comics as the comics is rated Cannon.

I think they will variant of EU lore and new to not piss everybody of that knows the Eu. Plus majority of the people that are going to see the EP7 are going to be Star Wars fans I can be 100% on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they can tell a good story with interesting characters and a coherent narrative that isn't over-reliant on special effects, then I will be happy.

And if this happens to be a story that mimics KOTOR and tells the story of Revan...I will squeel. Oh how I will squeel. =)

Quote Originally Posted by gnomergon View Post
    Why?

They would satisfy VERY few people.
    Why?

Remember, the MAJORITY of the people going to see these movies will not be avid star wars nerds who know the resulting storyline backwards and forwards. Disney gets to establish whatever canon they want now.
    And?

I'm not an "avid star wars fan" and I don't see why following the already established story is a bad idea. I think it's the ONLY idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    As long as they can tell a good story with interesting characters and a coherent narrative that isn't over-reliant on special effects, then I will be happy.
    Agree, but I want to throw out there that Jar Jar-esque characters are not "interesting" no matter how much money they think they can make by appealing to a younger audience.

George Lucas has stated that he has material for Episode's 7, 8 and 9, so I imagine they will be using much of that for the movies.

And if they do use it, I wonder how much it will differ from the plethora of extended universe material that exists today? What will happen to that fan-made material if it is not used, considering many see it as canon since none of us thought we'd ever see another Star Wars film.

And I never really understood all the Jar Jar hate. Ewoks were, by far, much, much more annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    George Lucas has stated that he has material for Episode's 7, 8 and 9, so I imagine they will be using much of that for the movies.

And if they do use it, I wonder how much it will differ from the plethora of extended universe material that exists today? What will happen to that fan-made material if it is not used, considering many see it as canon since none of us thought we'd ever see another Star Wars film.

And I never really understood all the Jar Jar hate. Ewoks were, by far, much, much more annoying.
    You'll likely have to unlearn your post-RotJ material and recognize the movie version as G canon, not C Canon. Some people may be turned off by that, but you had to believe that there was always the possibility that Lucas would put out the entire 9 Chapter story at some point. It's the curse of reading that particular SW canon material.

Who knows though. Maybe Disney reads Wookiepedia and loosely follows that instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    The movies do follow marvel comics as the comics is rated Cannon.

I think they will variant of EU lore and new to not piss everybody of that knows the Eu. Plus majority of the people that are going to see the EP7 are going to be Star Wars fans I can be 100% on that.
    Yes, and also others who aren't yet.

We'll get what we get, and we'll all go to the movies and buy the new 3D box with all 9 movies ;o.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    We'll get what we get, and we'll all go to the movies and buy the new 3D box with all 9 movies ;o.
    uhh, no. That's $500-$1K that you will never get back.

And in 2025, they'll start with a gritty "Batman Begins"-type reboot on Episode 1.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    And in 2025, they'll start with a gritty "Batman Begins"-type reboot on Episode 1.
    I hate episode 1.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Jar-jar will be addicted to Death Sticks, and be like Bubbles from The Wire.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    uhh, no. That's $500-$1K that you will never get back.
    Wut, I doubt it'll cost more then 350 euro, even then, money well spend ;o, SW 3D man.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Wut, I doubt it'll cost more then 350 euro, even then, money well spend ;o, SW 3D man.
    The Harry Potter Wizard's Collection with 8 movies is list price of $499...this is not in 3D.

If you factor in Star Wars and 3D with the same setup...plus it will have Disney slapped on it...yeah. I stand by my price estimate lol.