Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    my point exactly. Org is invaded, it will likly be occupied. people are arguing semantics instead. its irrelevant if alliance skinned guards due to game mechanics will have to kill alliance players who cause trouble.

I still dont know why the alliance would trust the horde again right away, not only had they just destroyed alliance kingdoms, but destroyed tons of alliance territory as well. there is no logic behind allowing the horde to continue going as it did even under new management.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:57 AM ----------

hence why its temporary
    You're operating under the assumption that the Alliance has the upper hand here, that just because Garrosh is dead it means the Horde is dying on the ground like a writhing child. The Horde will still have the prescense of Sylvanas, Baine, Voljin, Gallywix(lolmaybe) and of course Ji Firepaw - I think they will be able to run the Alliance out of town and make the issue of them 'deciding if we are fit enough to rebuild without their supervision' a moot point.

15+ Year Old Account
    they are basically reskins of your normal guards. they will not be killable by your faction.

as i repeat this is a cosmetic and lore situation. it harldy affects game play and would only be temporary for possibly a patch or 2

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:52 AM ----------

include quotation marks to imply this is not exactly what it will be

has an entire explanation that is ignored.
    No, I could see them putting an Alliance ambassador there but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Regardless of HOW Garrosh is disposed of, do you really think the Horde will allow a single Alliance "hero"/soldier to stay in Orgrimmar?

Personally, I think they will be given a 5 minutes head start, to start running, before they will be hunted down like a pack of rabid dogs...
    After Theramore was dealt with, Alliance only have a few zones in the very north of the continent, making it IMPOSSIBLE for them to maintain an occupational force, in the hearth of enemy country..
    This is exactly the kind of thing we are trying to stop. The Alliance will leave Orgimmar, no question about it. After we kill the 'new old' horde our Horde-Alliance relations will get better, some people will make some stupid mistakes to make it tough but I think it will hold.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Mayve they can wouldnt that be an amazing event?

then again its a group of rebels who will be fighting as the horde side in the raid. I am basing this on rebel groups normally being very small in comparison to the rest of the country/army which will be devastated in the raid (other than the forsaken)

like i said this could last a patch or 2, not too long it would not make sense for it to last too long.

this could likely last maybe a few months after the end of the xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Orgrimmar will not be split for obvious reasons. There could very well be some sort of base of operations for Alliance nearby, but most definately not in Orgrimmar.

whats gonna happen is this

garrosh is dead then a return of the jedi style ending with gnomes singing yub nub

then all the horde leaders will party with the alliance leaders then a few ghosts will show up with hyden christensen playin rhonin

then thrall will go to varian and say "thank you NOW FUCK OFF OUT MY CITY"

In all seriousness the alliance wont be able to occupy the city unless they want a insurgency like what the americans saw in iraq

Old varian wouldve made a power play like he did in the undercity but new varian will respect thralls wishes and withdraw

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a few ambassadors as well as the guards.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    whats gonna happen is this

garrosh is dead then a return of the jedi style ending with gnomes singing yub nub

then all the horde leaders will party with the alliance leaders then a few ghosts will show up with hyden christensen playin rhonin

then thrall will go to varian and say "thank you NOW FUCK OFF OUT MY CITY"

In all seriousness the alliance wont be able to occupy the city unless they want a insurgency like what the americans saw in iraq

Old varian wouldve made a power play like he did in the undercity but new varian will respect thralls wishes and withdraw

implies if thrall is invovled

is also just a horrible plot point

its literally ok..... all our shit got destroyed by u guys... but ur ok i guess? u put garrosh their in the first place..... eh ok bye

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most new and modern cities in the world?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    One of the most new and modern cities in the world?

yeah I meant to put the date... but i hit submit by mistake lol

techically as of right now in wow world.... it is

I would like to see a few ambassadors as well as the guards.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:07 AM ----------

implies if thrall is invovled

is also just a horrible plot point

its literally ok..... all our shit got destroyed by u guys... but ur ok i guess? u put garrosh their in the first place..... eh ok bye
    Seeing that thrall is heaviliy involved in the domination point plotline tells me yes he is

Also you are implying that the alliance will be the dominant force in the attack well if garrosh gets hold that superweapon and uses it the alliance force will be seriously decimated by the time it will come for the attack on garrosh and will be in no position to dictate terms after the rebellion is won thrall isnt gonna bend over he will be gracious but not accept occupation

this will never happen, most i can see is there being a alliance representative there, probably Anduin with his sunwalker buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I wouldn't like it, nor would it happen.
    Way to many problems with phasing.
    Putting an alliance friendly place right next to the major horde capital, yeah no.

Lore wise the Horde wouldn't want the alliance there, and so would be constantly sending forces at them to drive them back.
    The alliance meanwhile have no forces nearby.
    Sure there is the 10/25 people that 'removed' Garrosh, but apart from that, the rest of the forces are probably taken out.
    Just wouldn't fit.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Putting an alliance friendly place right next to the major horde capital, yeah no.

Lore wise the Horde wouldn't want the alliance there, and so would be constantly sending forces at them to drive them back.
    Sure there is the 10/25 people that 'removed' Garrosh, but apart from that, the rest of the forces are probably taken out.
    Just wouldn't fit.
    Well in that case it would be conisder a strike force that the alliance sent... But then why would the horde want the help of the alliance
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that thrall is heaviliy involved in the domination point plotline tells me yes he is

Also you are implying that the alliance will be the dominant force in the attack well if garrosh gets hold that superweapon and uses it the alliance force will be seriously decimated by the time it will come for the attack on garrosh and will be in no position to dictate terms after the rebellion is won thrall isnt gonna bend over he will be gracious but not accept occupation
    Its true that garrosh will have a super weapon, but will it destroy as many of his as it does the alliance? will it destroy some of the city?

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post

Just wouldn't fit.
    this is a pretty acceptable argument, but i doubt its a strike force it will likly (lore wise) be a full military assault with us as the strike force

10+ Year Old Account
    some of you seem to neglect reading. its not handed to the alliance. alliance players will not be able to freely go to org. its just a cosmetic change in all honesty with some flare.

story wise its an alliance half... game play wise it will not be.
    And what stops the heroes of the Horde who killed countless of threats to Azeroth from simply murdering your pathetic alliance guards. Your idea has many flaws. There is no way this is even remotely possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just thought of a great way for the occupation to end after a patch or 2

adding to OP

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    And what stops the heroes of the Horde who killed countless of threats to Azeroth from simply murdering your pathetic alliance guards. Your idea has many flaws.
    the horde military will likly be decimated, the people who take control after baine, voljin, "blank" will likly want to begin a peace process

this idea like many has flaws

but is much better than

Varian:..... ok bye guys! you destroyed 2 cities and countless lives ruined as well as territory that will never be livable again bye

I'm so glad you have no business in blizzard, also everyone in this topic has dismantled your idea as terrible and unworkable. Why don't you acknowledge it was a bad idea, improve on it and resubmit?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendsayin View Post
    I'm so glad you have no business in blizzard, also everyone in this topic has dismantled your idea as terrible and unworkable. Why don't you acknowledge it was a bad idea, improve on it and resubmit?
    the people who are upset are much more happy with the obvious alternative (and absolute out come) and are horde and would rather not see plot results no matter how insignificant and cosmetic for lore actions (because they lose this one)

this alterntive to which is speak is literally the alliance fully forgiving the destruction of 2 cities, countless lost lives, lost territory, destroyed territory, now unlivable territory, atrocities done to civilians, invasion of another city, near murder of the prince, and c'thun knows what else will happen between now and then. If the "blank" i keep bringing up is intended to be thrall.... its also now forgiving the one who put garrosh in charge in the first place

historically when an enemy is conquered their capital is either destroyed, or occupied. Plus this would be a temporary lore point for the end of the xpack
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-11-09 at 07:38 AM.

It all points to how strong will garroshes army be

The superweapon ive been talking about is the divine bell the divine bell is said when rung to infuse the mogu with almost superhuman powers (sha maybe?)
    creating a army that is almost unstoppable

This tells me the attack on garrosh will be a commando raid and thus we have to cut off the head and the body will wilt i really cant see it being a adolph hitler situation where a paranoid garrosh is ordering fictional armies around while his empire crumbles and we just put in the finishing move

When garrosh dies im sure it will be like the blood haze lifted all over again where all the sha infused orcs will suddenly become free

seriously dont expect us all to become super best friends when this is over

the people who are upset are much more happy with the obvious alternative (and absolute out come) and are horde and would rather not see plot results no matter how insignificant and cosmetic for lore actions (because they lose this one)

this alterntive to which is speak is literally the alliance fully forgiving the destruction of 2 cities, countless lost lives, lost territory, destroyed territory, now unlivable territory, atrocities done to civilians, invasion of another city, near murder of the prince, and c'thun knows what else will happen between now and then

historically when an enemy is conquered their capital is either destroyed, or occupied.
    Cool. Now how about you acknowledge what people have been trying to tell you for two pages now, which is that Garrosh -/- the Horde at the point we kill him.

He becomes his own "faction" after brainwashing the Korkron Elites and the Horde and Alliance both get the chance to smack him down.

Or did you think that this was going to be an Alliance only raid and Horde were all going to be NPCs and relegated to cannon fodder?

Some people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Cool. Now how about you acknowledge what people have been trying to tell you for two pages now, which is that Garrosh -/- the Horde at the point we kill him.

He becomes his own "faction" after brainwashing the Korkron Elites and the Horde and Alliance both get the chance to smack him down.

Or did you think that this was going to be an Alliance only raid and Horde were all going to be NPCs and relegated to cannon fodder?

Some people...
    are you joking me.... not only is this brought up and handled several times, but really i agree some poeple...some people

so far the horde described will be rebels. rebels also historically are not as massive in number as the faction they had broke from. Garrosh will still be the major part of the horde. whether or not you are apart of that horde any more is up to u.

im sorry but its clear that i cant take u seriously for implying i thought this would be an alliance only raid, and gave 0 attention to the rebel side.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:44 AM ----------

It all points to how strong will garroshes army be

The superweapon ive been talking about is the divine bell the divine bell is said when rung to infuse the mogu with almost superhuman powers (sha maybe?)
    creating a army that is almost unstoppable

This tells me the attack on garrosh will be a commando raid and thus we have to cut off the head and the body will wilt i really cant see it being a adolph hitler situation where a paranoid garrosh is ordering fictional armies around while his empire crumbles and we just put in the finishing move

When garrosh dies im sure it will be like the blood haze lifted all over again where all the sha infused orcs will suddenly become free

seriously dont expect us all to become super best friends when this is over
    Garrosh will have a strong army. It will be decimated at the end of this raid im sure. The rebel horde will not be huge in number, and the alliance will likly throw its full military behind the effort.

I do not think sylvanas will have many forsaken on either side, she has her own plans which leads me to think the rebel group will have forsaken, but not many. I can see garrosh also having many of the races of the horde still on his side.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-11-09 at 07:45 AM.