Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

New HoF LFR and Garalon...

I find the new LFR section that opened a few days ago (part one of HoF) really unbalanced. Not in a way that it is actually difficult, more in a way that one random player can mess up the entire random 24 other players... (and in a random situation like LFR, there is always (almost) at least one that messes it up..). For the last 3 days I've been in the queue for LFR The Dread Approach. All I have had so far are of course 2/6 bosses defeated queues, cause like 80% of all LFR's are stuck there due to endless wiping... Not once have I had a 0/6 bosses defeated queue... And the further the week progresses the less change I actually get at finding a 0/6 queue..

Overall my though was that Blizzard wanted to set up raids where a single person (or even 2) could not mess up a raid fight in a random scenario (hence LFR). However, on Garalon I feel this part as a little bit overlooked. When a single melee/tank keeps standing under Garalon and causes him to cast Crush, then a raid wipe is almost certain. Not only due to the fact that Crush does a significant amount of raid wide damage, also because when Garalon misses its Crush on the targeted player, his damage and speed increases by 10% (which stacks after every missed Crush).. And all this can be done by a single person..

I know that Garalon has already been hotfixed for LFR. But the HP-decrease wasn't really the problem.. it is the raid-wide damage that is in my opinion.

Anyhow, enough rambling for me. I just hope I at least get 1 0/6 bossed defeated on LFR HoF this week, or a brain-capable group of 24 other companions that can down Garalon.

Deleted
    Well when I did Garalon we actually wiped on our first try because I didn't know where he was coming from and I accidentally pulled him as soon as he landed leaving us no time to tell ppl what to do resulting in a "crushing" wipe :PPP
    But on our second try 2-3 ranged dpsers were on pheromone duty while I was soaking with another tank the swipe and we told all melees not to go under Garalon and anywhere near the purple circle. Worked like a charm.

Tried to find one for ~4hours to no avail. Ah well, Will of the emperor and elegon was just as bad at the beginning, later on people will become better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elegon was just a wipe cause most people did not know they had to move away from the center and fell down (now still 1-2 people die at that point in LFR), but that did not lead to a raid wipe cause those people fell, the other 24-23 were still able to continue and down the boss. On will of the emperor, wipes were mostly due to a tank now knowing where to position the boss, the change of having bad tanks 10 times in a row is way less than random dps standing under a boss where they shouldn't be..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Well when I did Garalon we actually wiped on our first try because I didn't know where he was coming from and I accidentally pulled him as soon as he landed leaving us no time to tell ppl what to do resulting in a "crushing" wipe :PPP
    But on our second try 2-3 ranged dpsers were on pheromone duty while I was soaking with another tank the swipe and we told all melees not to go under Garalon and anywhere near the purple circle. Worked like a charm.
    Think you got really lucky with your group then. Have as well yet to experience getting a 0/6 qq come up, or for that matter a group with people seemingly able to get him down, so - mainly due to not needing anything from that bit - I'll personally await the next sections coming this week (and never ever have to think of Garalon in lfr again).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    All I have had so far are of course 2/6 bosses defeated queues, cause like 80% of all LFR's are stuck there due to endless wiping... Not once have I had a 0/6 bosses defeated queue... And the further the week progresses the less change I actually get at finding a 0/6 queue..
    The solution to your problem is to kill Garalon with one of those 2/6 groups you join (you might actually explain the boss to them). After you killed him, the next time you queue you are guaranteed to get a 0/6 group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two decently geared healers can outheal the constant crushing with relative ease.

(Not that you're guaranteed to end up with two of those)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    The solution to your problem is to kill Garalon with one of those 2/6 groups you join (you might actually explain the boss to them). After you killed him, the next time you queue you are guaranteed to get a 0/6 group.
    I have been in a lot of 2/6 groups already. I have explained the tactics over and over again. In LFR not a lot of people are open to listening to tactics. They just want other people carrying them towards their possible next gear upgrade when the boss is killed. However, in this fight that isn't an option as that one player who doesn't care about tactics might wipe the entire raid in matter of seconds...

We had the same problem on Tuesday. We just made a guild group and pugged some people from trade and friends lists and made a group of 15 and queued. We got 0/6 because the 2/6 groups will not have that many slots free. Also it was nice because as the party lead I had control of more than 50% of the group and could kick and threatened to kick people who were stupid which helped.

Deleted
    This fight is a bit of a messy set of circumstances. tried it on 3 separate occasions & still stuck on it. do you NEED 3 ranged on Pheromone duties or can it be done without?

Edit: Tried a 4th time, after one wipe he went down.
    Last edited by mmoc0f38054b92; 2012-11-09 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    Not only due to the fact that Crush does a significant amount of raid wide damage, also because when Garalon misses its Crush on the targeted player, his damage and speed increases by 10% (which stacks after every missed Crush).. And all this can be done by a single person..
    Crush does not apply fury (the movement and damage increase). Furious swipe does, the cone attack that hits two people (the tanks). If it doesn't hit two people, he gains a stack of fury. Sounds like your tanks were failing. Crush is not supposed to hit anyone on the underside, it would be very difficult and pointless to try and survive it... you just move out (or not be there in the first place).

But I could see crush being a problem because of its raid wide damage and stun for all the derp melee that stand under him and can't put two and two together to figure out they are causing it.

Its always like this the frist weeks. people suck at playing, thats what they do LFR in the first place. Sorry to say, its not like in vanilla where i was a casual, i always read up on stuff i had to do, asked for tactics from guys that had previously done it. it isnt like that anymore, everyone goes there and expects to be carried.

Luckily theres players around that actually put the efford into it before hand, and galleon is really easy to do if you just take the time to explain what to do. 2 players can kite the pheromones easily, we used the tanks. everyone else did what they did without going into the cirkle. win win,.

Also it seems like theres no actual damage increase from not being hit by the frontal cone. But i honestly call say, the boss fell over on our first pull. So i dont see what the big issue is. Its like elegon the first week. everone falling in the hole. GG, no need to cry, you know exactly what LFR is, its theplayground, if you cant handle the retarded kid next door is allowed to be there having fun, well then find yourself a guild and raid with them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Crush does not apply fury (the movement and damage increase). Furious swipe does, the cone attack that hits two people (the tanks). If it doesn't hit two people, he gains a stack of fury. Sounds like your tanks were failing. Crush is not supposed to hit anyone on the underside, it would be very difficult and pointless to try and survive it... you just move out (or not be there in the first place).

But I could see crush being a problem because of its raid wide damage and stun for all the derp melee that stand under him and can't put two and two together to figure out they are causing it.
    Thank you for clearing that up. Did not know that it were the furious swiped that applied the Fury buff on the boss. Still hope they do something about the Crush attack. Maybe just kill the people under the boss, but no raid wide damage might help. That way only the ones that don't know they aren't suppose to be there are dead, but the rest of the group can carry on with the fight!

I have yet to get anything but 2/3 from heart of fear and i refuse to go in there without doing the first two bosses, which i really need.

I've managed to get the kill in the LFR, but I feel I was very lucky. He isn't that hard as long as you have 3 - 4 people who can just control the Pheromone. Other then that just tell them to not stand in the purple circle underneath the boss.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Its always like this the frist weeks. people suck at playing, thats what they do LFR in the first place. Sorry to say, its not like in vanilla where i was a casual, i always read up on stuff i had to do, asked for tactics from guys that had previously done it. it isnt like that anymore, everyone goes there and expects to be carried.

Luckily theres players around that actually put the efford into it before hand, and galleon is really easy to do if you just take the time to explain what to do. 2 players can kite the pheromones easily, we used the tanks. everyone else did what they did without going into the cirkle. win win,.

Also it seems like theres no actual damage increase from not being hit by the frontal cone. But i honestly call say, the boss fell over on our first pull. So i dont see what the big issue is. Its like elegon the first week. everone falling in the hole. GG, no need to cry, you know exactly what LFR is, its theplayground, if you cant handle the retarded kid next door is allowed to be there having fun, well then find yourself a guild and raid with them.
    I don't have anything against the retarded kid not knowing what to do. However, the entire purpose of LFR is to be able to experience the raid content without having to raid with a guild on set times (some people just don't have the time within their social/work scedule for that). And they always said that 1-2 players not knowing what to do should not cause a LFR raid to wipe, which here is not the case!

When the ranged dps stopped getting pharamones and dragging Garalon over the raid we eventually killed it. We had one tank soak and the other kiting with pharamones then they would switch etc.

Problem is retarded dps, as usual.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

took me ages to get him down due to general bad play, the highlight been a mage getting pheromones, running into the purple circle and then blinking into all the ranged.

i'll be honest its a horrible fight for the lfr environment, really fn when its been done right, i'm just thankful i have it dead, and need no gear from it so i'm not doing the fight again on lfr unless the group seems really good.

Anyone else still not have a successful down on him? I've gotten five wipes on him and twice I've left because DPS caused a crush-loop that killed over 75% of the raid.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Crush is a problem, as is the boss it/him/erself(?!) moves around a LOT at times, you're on a leg, then the boss is kited over you...