Deleted

enhance statwise

Done some sims on simcraft now and it appears that all 3 secondary stats are quite equal (within 0,01-0,05 apart).
    What would you do? reforge and gem/enchant to approx. evenly or go with the highest one, even if it's just a tinytiny bit of an increase?

It depends on your talents and preferences. Crit will always be less important than haste or mastery but if you choose echo of the elements and unleash fury you want to be reforging more for mastery as that increases the damage the procs from those talents, if you choose elemental mastery and primal elementalist you want to go with more haste as that will give your pet more attack speed and you get more benefit from the haste percentage cooldown. I personally go for more mastery since I went with EotE/UF.

Deleted
    my main setup is also echo & UF and im able to get 8k+ mastery with reforging and the passive buff. Mostly just wondering if it's effective to follow the simcraft, or if there is some break points for stats. Or just go with full mastery.

Simcraft accounts for breakpoints in terms of flurry uptime and stuff. My crit was above my haste for awhile and it just now switched again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello I would go with the stat that simcraft is weighing highest, and try to reforge from the stat that it's listing as lowest.

For me it's Mastery > Haste > Crit. The numbers will be close together because blizzard (thankfully) fixed how important our secondary stats are to us besides just mastery!
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    ye it shows now as mastery at highest (1,5) and crit/haste at the same (1,46).

For me haste is at about 1.61 compared to mastery's 1.50. I can't really be bothered switching out all my gems / enchants to haste, because it's only about a 300 - 400 dps increase to reforge haste.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

15+ Year Old Account
    take in cosideration that simcraft is checking stat weights for "perfect fight" (patchwerk style) so in normal raiding when you have to avoid something or run to something you are losing uptime and crit is a bit beter than haste then

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Becomes Crit more valueable with the DMC (because it proccs from crit?)
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    now after a new chest piece from HoF, simcraft says Haste 1,61 , Mastery 1,47 , Crit 1,34.
    Here's a perfect example what I was asking. now according to these numbers, should I reforge to Haste fully or try to slowly gain more Haste by running the sim, reforging some Haste, running again until the numbers are even again?

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    Done some sims on simcraft now and it appears that all 3 secondary stats are quite equal (within 0,01-0,05 apart).
    What would you do? reforge and gem/enchant to approx. evenly or go with the highest one, even if it's just a tinytiny bit of an increase?
    If you have two ( or 3 in your case ) stats with more or less equal marginal gains, use plots or reforge plots.
    You'll get a plot of what your dps looks like if you change a stat, or in case of reforge plots, what happens when you reforge from one stat into another and vice versa. Checkout http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...aling#Plotting and http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...#Reforge_plots for more details, even though the GUI has more or less self-explaining options to do it.

And always keep in mind that when optimizing away such extremly small differences, it might be better to take some common-sense compromises, like reaching the hit cap even though you might loose 100 dps, for example.

now after a new chest piece from HoF, simcraft says Haste 1,61 , Mastery 1,47 , Crit 1,34.
    Here's a perfect example what I was asking. now according to these numbers, should I reforge to Haste fully or try to slowly gain more Haste by running the sim, reforging some Haste, running again until the numbers are even again?
    Put the stat weights into a reforge add-on, or wow-reforge.com; put the reforges you need to make into the simulate part of simcraft, and then run a DPS simulation and see if the DPS is higher post-reforging.

For example, if my haste value was 1.72, and mastery was 1.60, I would put those values into reforgelite / wow-reforge, and find out what reforges I need to make for those particular stat weights. From this point, I would go to the simulate part of simcraft, and edit the reforges / gems / enchants etc. to haste. After this is done, I would run a 50k iteration DPS test and compare it to my last DPS test, and see if it is a DPS increase. You can run more reforge simulations if you want, but that would take a fair amount of time.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/pUq1Q.png
    this is what im seeing now. apparently, i had unchecked the plot section and was a bit confused as why i wasnt able to see those charts.
    im wondering, does the "DPS scaling" part in there, with the lines for crit, haste and mastery mean that now, on my current gear, 100+ haste is worth more than 100+ mastery?

http://i.imgur.com/pUq1Q.png
    this is what im seeing now. apparently, i had unchecked the plot section and was a bit confused as why i wasnt able to see those charts.
    im wondering, does the "DPS scaling" part in there, with the lines for crit, haste and mastery mean that now, on my current gear, 100+ haste is worth more than 100+ mastery?
    That plot just looks like it needs less statistical noise = more iterations ( Unless enhancement really has such strange dps development when scaling stats, but usually most things beside haste are more or less linear when smoothed out with more iterations )

Just to once again to point out the difference between plots and reforge plots: For normal plots you compare the situtation of leaving everything as it is except for one stats, which you decrease/increase. Example: Your Item is ungemmed, and you want to choose the best gem.
    Reforge plots are explicitly for reforge situations, where you increase one stat while decreasing the other.