Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I think players would complain if ret paladins could use instant non-dispellable repentence after using a finisher. Or if by casting 5 icelances on the same target, mages would get a free pressence of mind buff?

Totally fine.

Either put a 30-45 second cooldown on cyclone when casted with the cast time reduction buff, or make it castable in feral form.

Edit:

Stuns can easily be outranged (since it's melee range) or be dispelled. Same goes for almost every fear. Most good players will outrange psychic scream, blood fear is stupid and will eventually be nerfed (but it has a CD), and same goes for intimidating shout.
    But Cyclone can be outranged as well and there's always LoS. Besides, how is a melee supposed to outrange fear? You seem to be looking at this from a specific PoV and not a general PoV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But Cyclone can be outranged as well and there's always LoS. Besides, how is a melee supposed to outrange fear? You seem to be looking at this from a specific PoV and not a general PoV.
    Ehh, most melee cleaves plays with a warrior. That means a healer will always be ready with a dispel on the non-warrior if a priest is psychic screaming. Hence most 30+ second instant CC cooldowns on a non-healer is waste since it will be dispelled. How can you not see this?
    If a priest is psychic screaming a non-healer when the healer isnt CC'ed, consider yourself pro, since you just countered his instant CC.

And it's so useless to LoS instant clone from a feral unless you are.. tada... a healer. But since feral clone is non-dispelable, you're no better off since the feral can just pick another target to use his clone on.
    And by the way.. Lets assume you are a ranged dps in the 3v3 team (since a melee is most of the time in cyclone range), and you are not being trained by a feral. How will you apply any sort of offensive CC on the opposing healer if you are sitting at 30-40 range from the feral (which by the way isnt possible in some arenas)? Please tell me.

Deleted
    So now you're talking 3v3 and not just any scenario with a Feral. Also, you're only mentioning a Feral, although both Boomkin and Resto Druid have instant Cyclone via Nature's Swiftness.

So what you're asking for, is basically to remove the only real cc Feral kitties have - am I understanding right?

Again, you're comparing instant Cyclone to instant Fear in terms of being immune to dispel but you keep forgetting that Cyclone comes at a steep cost dps wise, whereas Fear does not.

I'd like Warrior Shockwave and Mage Sheep plus RoF to be nerfed but for ranged dps it doesn't really matter as much, as in, they don't have to run close to dps. All classes have cc and what are you doing to counter Shockwave for instance?

10+ Year Old Account
    this might be some of the dumbest sh*t i've seen people bring up.

get rid of cyclone. :|

no shortage of 1500 heroes in this thread.

Deleted
    So now you're talking 3v3 and not just any scenario with a Feral. Also, you're only mentioning a Feral, although both Boomkin and Resto Druid have instant Cyclone via Nature's Swiftness.

So what you're asking for, is basically to remove the only real cc Feral kitties have - am I understanding right?

Again, you're comparing instant Cyclone to instant Fear in terms of being immune to dispel but you keep forgetting that Cyclone comes at a steep cost dps wise, whereas Fear does not.

I'd like Warrior Shockwave and Mage Sheep plus RoF to be nerfed but for ranged dps it doesn't really matter as much, as in, they don't have to run close to dps. All classes have cc and what are you doing to counter Shockwave for instance?
    Why wouldn't I be speaking of 3v3??????? What else would I be speaking of? Duels (lol)? 2v2 (lol)? Rated BGs (undispelable CC is even more powerful here)?

Ring of frost is being nerfed. Shockwave will eventually be nerfed. Pressence of mind/nature's swiftness has a far too low cooldown, Blood fear should be nerfed, I think everyone that isnt retarded can agree with all that. Do you literally want me to bring all the stupid mechanic into the game that Blizzard has brought upon us for the last 3 expansions?
    But you still can't find anything that's remotely comparable to instant feral druid cyclone... Despite how hard you are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    this might be some of the dumbest sh*t i've seen people bring up.

get rid of cyclone. :|

no shortage of 1500 heroes in this thread.
    I don't know who you are refering to, but currently I am playing on 2100 mmr in 3v3, and last time I played with main focus on arena was in season 2 and 3 where I became a gladiator.

Deleted
    Just make cyclone dispellable and (maybe) make it break on damage, if Predator's Swiftness is used to cast cyclone. If hardcast it should remain as it is now.

Also, make Predator's Swiftness spellstealable again, thanks.

Deleted
    But you still can't find anything that's remotely comparable to instant feral druid cyclone... Despite how hard you are trying.
    Thats not so strange because it is probably the only CC in the game that needs around 5 global cooldowns + a finisher and atleast 1,5-2 full bars of energy to prepare.

THEN you get a buff that someone can remove in 1 single GCD.

So this "instant" cyclone everyone is talking about isnt even remotely instant in any way.

Learn to play!

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Just make cyclone dispellable and (maybe) make it break on damage, if Predator's Swiftness is used to cast cyclone. If hardcast it should remain as it is now.

Also, make Predator's Swiftness spellstealable again, thanks.
    This would remove druids from any form of competitive pvp whatsoever. Anyone who ever played above 500 rating should know this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Thats not so strange because it is probably the only CC in the game that needs around 5 global cooldowns + a finisher and atleast 1,5-2 full bars of energy to prepare.

So this "instant" cyclone everyone is talking about isnt even remotely instant in any way.

Learn to play!
    It's a part of your rotation?? What exactly is the cost of this when your role is to pressure the opposing team???
    Yes, it's instant??
    Pressence of mind into a full sheep is instant despite PoM being dispellable and the 1,5min cooldown on PoM???
    Exactly how biased are you?

This would remove druids from any form of competitive pvp whatsoever. Anyone who ever played above 500 rating should know this.
    Yeaahhh... no

Deleted
    It's a part of your rotation?? What exactly is the cost of this when your role is to pressure the opposing team???
    Yes, it's instant??
    Pressence of mind into a full sheep is instant despite PoM being dispellable and the 1,5min cooldown???
    Exactly how biased are you?

Yeaahhh... no
    Ive seen too many people like you on this forum. I dont have the time or interest in talking to a wall.

GLHF!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdiskspace View Post
    you can heal a team mate thats cycloned right? if not make it so you can
    So they'd be completely immune to damage while still being able to get heals. Sounds like a legit cc. lol
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You cant attack ppl through Cyclone. You can attack ppl through Blind/Repentence.
    Both blind and repentance break on damage. They aren't really comparable.

Deleted

Learn to play!
    You sir, are an idiot. Cyclone was never OP alone. When it's paired with any other CC it becomes a problem. Remember Hunter & Feral teams back in Cata? Remember how they kept you CCd for short eternity with instants alone? And yes instant clone is instant, regardless of how hard you try to defend it.
    Of course now that MoP is out and amount of instant CCs has skyrocketed, Cyclone is a lot less noticeable. Not mention ferals have low representation.

Does it require instant fix? No. But it certainly should be looked at in the future.
    Last edited by mmocb3196d46fe; 2012-11-09 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    You sir, are an idiot. Cyclone was never OP alone. When it's paired with any other CC it becomes a problem. Remember Hunter & Feral teams back in Cata? Remember how they kept you CCd for short eternity with instants alone? And yes instant clone is instant, regardless of how hard you try to defend it.
    Of course now that MoP is out and amount of instant CCs has skyrocketed, Cyclone is a lot less noticeable. Not mention ferals have low representation.

Does it require instant fix? No. But it certainly should be looked at in the future.
    Reported for calling people idiots even tho its pure facts.

OT; This whole thread is about how insanely op an "INSTANT cyclone" is.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before answering and calling people idiots. makes you look like one yourself tbh.

Why does it still exist?
    dispel the buff that makes it instant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    This. Too bad it's no longer spellstealable Blizzard lowering skillcap like baws.

@ Saltyharbls shut up. You're the typical biased idiot. Fuck off and while you're at report me, so I can turn off my computer and go cry in my lonely corner where no one loves after I get banned.

I claim that Clone is not so overpowered alone, and give example of a situation where it's considered broken and retarded. I'm pretty sure that's relevant.
    Anyway, I'm going to do myself a favor and just quote you, C@.

Ive seen too many people like you on this forum. I dont have the time or interest in talking to a wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    Only shamans with purge glyph (which by the way is pretty broken too) are able to eat through all trash buffs properly. So to be realistic, only enhancement shamans and resto shamans can counter instant clone.

Deleted
    Why wouldn't I be speaking of 3v3??????? What else would I be speaking of? Duels (lol)? 2v2 (lol)? Rated BGs (undispelable CC is even more powerful here)?

Ring of frost is being nerfed. Shockwave will eventually be nerfed. Pressence of mind/nature's swiftness has a far too low cooldown, Blood fear should be nerfed, I think everyone that isnt retarded can agree with all that. Do you literally want me to bring all the stupid mechanic into the game that Blizzard has brought upon us for the last 3 expansions?

I don't know who you are refering to, but currently I am playing on 2100 mmr in 3v3, and last time I played with main focus on arena was in season 2 and 3 where I became a gladiator.

How the fuck should I know, what you're referring to? People who post on any forum have a very different background, reading your name or the thread title doesn't give me a clue about what sort of player you are and what you're referring to.

I don't believe I need to defend the only real cc Feral kitties have and again you keep mixing Druids in general and Feral kitties up. Resto and Boomkin can use NS but only kitties can use 5 CP + finisher to get this OP "instant" clone.

So which is it that you want nerfed - the NS all Druid have or the 5 CP + finisher that only kitties have? Or do you just want kitties nerfed, while Resto and Boomkin can keep their NS?

Deleted
    How the fuck should I know, what you're referring to? People who post on any forum have a very different background, reading your name or the thread title doesn't give me a clue about what sort of player you are and what you're referring to.
    I don't know.. It's not very hard to deduce from my other posts in this thread..

I don't believe I need to defend the only real cc Feral kitties have and again you keep mixing Druids in general and Feral kitties up. Resto and Boomkin can use NS but only kitties can use 5 CP + finisher to get this OP "instant" clone.
    I never mixed them up. I know exactly how it works.

You mentioned other instant CC, I mentioned other instant based CC that's also obviously as broken as instant feral cyclones (to keep a somewhat objective Pov). Please tell me where I said that non-ferals got access to instant cyclone outside of CD.

And by the way. Ferals still have access to cyclone wether or not they are able to cast it instantly after generating 5 combo points. It could be even be possible to make it castable in other forms if putting a 30-45 second cooldown on instant-clone isnt likely. Changing predatory swiftness would not break "any real feral CC".
    Hardcasting cyclone requires skill and timing and is fair game, since it's also counterable. Just because you aren't able to get a cyclone off outside of instant casts, because you suck at fake casting, doesn't mean that others aren't able to.

So which is it that you want nerfed - the NS all Druid have or the 5 CP + finisher that only kitties have? Or do you just want kitties nerfed, while Resto and Boomkin can keep their NS?
    This topic is about instant feral druid cyclone which is obviously refering to the buff you get after using a finisher. If it wasn't blatantly obvious beforehand, it probably is now.
    There are many things that could make the instant cyclone mechanic much more desireable from a proper PvP perspective:
    - Make cyclone be dispelable when casted with predatory swiftness
    - Put a 30-45 second internal CD on cyclones casted with predatory swiftness, whereas all cyclones in between have to be hardcasted.
    - Remove CC from the predatory swiftness buff, but make all druid CC castable in all forms

This would make ferals harder to play and make instant clones more realistic to counter.

But since you keep bringing in NS/Pressence of mind... Yes, I would prefer if CC couldn't be casted with these buffs, but that would be a implementation we would never see.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-09 at 11:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Probably because it can be cycled between 3 people easily. instant cyclone one, cast cyclone again on the same person. Instant cyclone another person and do the same thing. Then to the third. and by the time you're done with the third, you can do it to the first one again.

Of course this is in a perfect scenario assuming everyone's in range, but it's possible.
    I agree. This can be done at the 1100 bracket for sure and it's OP.

The only way to counter instant Cyclones is if you are training the feral
    Then train the Feral. They're kinda one of the squishiest specs out there when focused. I don't see the big deal.

I think players would complain if ret paladins could use instant non-dispellable repentence after using a finisher. Or if by casting 5 icelances on the same target, mages would get a free pressence of mind buff?

Totally fine.
    Cause Mage CC and Feral CC (or any other class' CC) can be compared to each other, right?

But sure, you can have this free pressence of mind after 5 icelances, if we get a 1.5 second cast 110k damage dealing ability on 60% resi with a 10 second CD too.

See where this is going? Idd. No-fucking-where.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2012-11-10 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is how you deeal with insta-cyclones: train feral all day so he's forced into bear all the time - no finishers - no clones ;>