Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like the idea (and wouldn't mind it if that happened to Stormwind either, it have just got shit lately lol, and on the realm Im playing on Horde own it anyways xD), as by logic I dont see why Alliance wouldn't do something about it while they actually there. Not after Theramore, not after Southshore and many other things, those things have just boiled it up. Actually going to be a bit sad if Blizz make Alliance forget and forgive that (especially now when they actually aim for more Horde vs Alliance).

Though I dont see why Alliance help Horde out from the start; just let them kill each other off and then just rofl-stomp whats left when either Garrosh or rebels are left standing. Horde get Garrosh killed and Alliance get Horde killed, win-win! 8D

Deleted
    TLDR; the horse army is split down the middle Garrosh forces vs insurgents (baine etc) but the alliance will be one giant unit. so after the battle the alliance "should" have the upper hand in forces due to the Garrosh horde killing other thrall horde.
    you assume it is split, now a lot of these people will fight based on the fact they fight or garrosh will kill them, you send in a massive force to take down garrosh, these see that garrosh could be took down and turn, then once garrosh is dead they either go with the horde or they become out casts either imprisoned or killed, how many soldiers will hang around and fight when the bloke who paid them is dead? yes some may still fight for the ideals garrosh put down, but the vast majority who will most likely be ruled by fear will turn when they believe they can overthrow garrosh.

also for the force coming in, you have 5 other races close by who live outside org who may not of succumb to gorrosh, if they did you would have a lot more trouble than just a siege on org half the continent would be a no go zone, it's already been setup that sylvanis, baine and voljin dont agree with garrosh, then you also have thrall who disagrees with him, we don't know how deep the hate from jaina goes she could still be ok with thrall, meaning she may not be willing to act against his forces, then you have wration trying to unite the horde and alliance anyway, so really proposing anything other than the alliance walking away would go against what the story is leading up to.

the same as assuming the horde will take massive casualties because one city is being ruled by a mad man is just stupid, then you have the undead who like to reanimate the dead and have even used the plague to turn people, so undercity is pretty much off limits as anything sent in to attack (other than a wogen) can just be used to bolster the undead forces, this is ignoring the fact if the undead go to org they may lose people on the way but they can also claim every person who is killed meaning they would most likely come out a stronger force than they went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    you assume it is split, now a lot of these people will fight based on the fact they fight or garrosh will kill them, you send in a massive force to take down garrosh, these see that garrosh could be took down and turn, then once garrosh is dead they either go with the horde or they become out casts either imprisoned or killed, how many soldiers will hang around and fight when the bloke who paid them is dead? yes some may still fight for the ideals garrosh put down, but the vast majority who will most likely be ruled by fear will turn when they believe they can overthrow garrosh.

also for the force coming in, you have 5 other races close by who live outside org who may not of succumb to gorrosh, if they did you would have a lot more trouble than just a siege on org half the continent would be a no go zone, it's already been setup that sylvanis, baine and voljin dont agree with garrosh, then you also have thrall who disagrees with him, we don't know how deep the hate from jaina goes she could still be ok with thrall, meaning she may not be willing to act against his forces, then you have wration trying to unite the horde and alliance anyway, so really proposing anything other than the alliance walking away would go against what the story is leading up to.

the same as assuming the horde will take massive casualties because one city is being ruled by a mad man is just stupid, then you have the undead who like to reanimate the dead and have even used the plague to turn people, so undercity is pretty much off limits as anything sent in to attack (other than a wogen) can just be used to bolster the undead forces, this is ignoring the fact if the undead go to org they may lose people on the way but they can also claim every person who is killed meaning they would most likely come out a stronger force than they went in.
    Lets check this scenario out. read tides of war and you will see that the orc's are in full support of garrosh and it is the other races that are the ones complaining. the goblins for the most part side with garrosh in the story. and as we all know the majority of the horde forces are the orcs so saying that a lot of people fightig are based on the threat that garrosh will kill them is not 100% true, he has I'd wager 60% of the orcs favouring him lore wise.

secondly the idea that the alliance would sit back and let the undead revive their fallen is kinda crazy. no leader is gonna sit back and watch his/her troops who have just died in service be revived to fight for the enemy, and on this it is only known that the undead have 3 val'kyr Agatha, Arthura & Daschla to resurrect the dead and I doubt that Sylvanas would put such important pieces of her races survival in danger.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance should rather try to get a piece of UC back or Gilnaes than taking a piece of ogri. I dont think ogri is really decorated in their style and might get a nelf to plant some flowers. Or they can chuck a mana bomb in garrosh's face, orgimar in its "moer in" along with a leader
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Also, Theramore was a capital in lore.
    And that is precisely why it was destroyed.

Dalaran also went Neutral for the same reason.

How many capitals do Humans need?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    And that is precisely why it was destroyed.

Dalaran also went Neutral for the same reason.

How many capitals do Humans need?
    the new leader of Dalaran is Jaina and she is by no means Neutral.

Deleted
    They said Garrosh would be the final boss, but did they actually say that we would fight him inside the Orgrimar? Even if it would be called the Siege of Orgrimmar, it could all happen outside of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    garrosh and varyan both dies. end of the problem.
    anduin and dezco would go for more "peaceful" ways and depart each other (even losing his father, the boy would turn waya and leave, or this coudl be a very interesting point for him to go apeshit and see what happens)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

As long as new alliance body would be found in Southfury river every day, I would be ok with that.

honestly i'd love that if during the siege the alliance march north and retake undercity and silvermoon. i mean a well placed bomb would / could collapse the roof of the undercity upon itself and kill all inside(bar those who teleport & portal to safety) but the city would be leveled. and silvermoon i mean half the city is already gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    the new leader of Dalaran is Jaina and she is by no means Neutral.
    She'll be back Neutral for the finale. She's already been quoted as saying she wanted Dalaran to be a place where all races can meet peacefully and Garrosh is the threat to that.

Besides where do you think the Org raid portal will be? I'm willing to bet it will be Dalaran floating overhead for both sides and Varian/Jaina will do a deal with the Rebels to help them take out Garrosh in return for an end to the current total war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give alliance players a buff that makes them orcs. Like in the caverns of time we are all human.
    Problem solved, alliance can raid with fairness, and horde can just kick garrosh out of orgrimmar while the alliance is so mad and takes dalaran and is still mad and tries to calm jaina down.

Horde has real problems, alliance has a mad PMS women in dalaran.

PS: Jaina is furious, new leader of dalaran.. but so mad. Taken over by sha of anger. Dalaran new raid and it should be separates in two zones, horde and alliance.. o wait.
    PPS: Jaina is alliance, she's mad. Horde attack stormwind and take it over since Alliance is no match for the horde. Every human that dies will get rezzed as foraken, kthnxbai

10+ Year Old Account
    reading some disagreements, while some are actual arguments. I see a lot of those who assume.... you now keep half the city the other half belongs to some one else game play wise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    As long as new alliance body would be found in Southfury river every day, I would be ok with that.
    likely would happen

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    She'll be back Neutral for the finale. She's already been quoted as saying she wanted Dalaran to be a place where all races can meet peacefully and Garrosh is the threat to that.

Besides where do you think the Org raid portal will be? I'm willing to bet it will be Dalaran floating overhead for both sides and Varian/Jaina will do a deal with the Rebels to help them take out Garrosh in return for an end to the current total war.
    That was before she instigated a purge in Dalaran.

Ot

Interesting idea, though unlikely to happen it would be difficult to implement, and the outcry of the average players would be beyond comprehension, they should do something like that lorewise, but ingame it wouldn't really be necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Ot

Interesting idea, though unlikely to happen it would be difficult to implement, and the outcry of the average players would be beyond comprehension, they should do something like that lorewise, but ingame it wouldn't really be necessary.
    I made the idea pretty much purely cosmetic in game wise to the point were game play is not hindered at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Ot

It wouldn't be that hard to implement, Horde rebels approach through Thrall, Baine, etc and offer an end to Garrosh if she helps.

Does she want it badly enough to team up with the rebels in the short term? I think she would since seeing an end to him is her priority.

That doesn't mean an end to all conflict between the factions though, I think there will always be flare ups between both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I'd rage hard. Orgrimmar is for the Horde, and no matter how Garrosh's plan goes down, any Horde that endured that surely would not endure losing half of the legacy of Orgrim to the Alliance.
    This sounds a lot like the Alliance crying we heard when Theramore got taken out.

"It won't happen because the players would be mad if harm came to their beloved city" is no longer a valid argument for anything. Stormwind got sacked by DW in Cata and Theramore got completely erased. There is absolutely no reason why a little harm could not come to the Horde capital city.

Personally, I think the idea is cool. But you didn't go far enough. There's no reason why Alliance shouldn't be able to freely roam their "side". Make the Ally half a Haven zone like Dalaran and the Horde half the standard Horde controlled Org. Everyone walks freely on the Ally side and Ally players who venture to the Horde side are likely to run afowl of Horde players or guards.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-11-09 at 04:36 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This sounds a lot like the Alliance crying we heard when Theramore got taken out.

"It won't happen because the players would be mad if harm came to their beloved city" is no longer a valid argument for anything. Stormwind got sacked by DW in Cata and Theramore got completely erased. There is absolutely no reason why a little harm could not come to the Horde capital city.

Personally, I think the idea is cool. But you didn't go far enough. There's no reason why Alliance should be able to freely roam their "side". Game mechanics regarding hostility are ridiculously easy for Blizzard to set.
    A little harm, yes. You quoted the very first thing I said in a long line of replies in this thread so I'm not sure why you picked me to jump on. Clearly both the Horde and the Alliance can suffer casualties of this war. My main gripe comes from GennGreymane thinking this is an Alliance game and the Horde are merely NPCs, whose players wouldn't raise an eyebrow at the concepts hes suggesting in this thread. It boggles...my god, it boggles...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post

Personally, I think the idea is cool. But you didn't go far enough. There's no reason why Alliance shouldn't be able to freely roam their "side". Make the Ally half a Haven zone like Dalaran and the Horde half the standard Horde controlled Org. Everyone walks freely on the Ally side and Ally players who venture to the Horde side are likely to run afowl of Horde players or guards.
    Theramore is nothing like Orgrimmar though, one was a low level quest hub the other is both a racial capital and the capital of the Horde.

Taking out a quest hub in a low level zone is a very different thing to wiping out the capital of the opposing faction.

If Org was occupied that would literally cause a situation where the Alliance controls the Horde by threatening reprisals on the orcs if the other races misbehave.

I have no doubt it will suffer damage and everything else during the assault but holding the city is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    A little harm, yes. You quoted the very first thing I said in a long line of replies in this thread so I'm not sure why you picked me to jump on. Clearly both the Horde and the Alliance can suffer casualties of this war. My main gripe comes from GennGreymane thinking this is an Alliance game and the Horde are merely NPCs, whose players wouldn't raise an eyebrow at the concepts hes suggesting in this thread. It boggles...my god, it boggles...
    I picked you because your comment was emblematic of like half the posts in this thread.

You know what boggles my mind? That Blizzard would turn a dragon loose in my main capital and then completely destroy one of my major hubs (albeit a minor-major one lol).

It got me fired up. Not in a crycry way, but in a grr Horde go Alliance way. Which, I suspect, was Blizzard's intent all along.

You and others are making the exact same case now that the Alliance was so derided for regarding Theramore. And you just know that some of the people in this thread who are whining about the unfairness of this idea are the exact same ones who told the Alliance to shut up when they said that the destruction of Theramore made them feel like NPCs.

My point is this... If you think the idea is bad, you can make a case for that. However, you cannot claim that Blizzard would never do something like this because they've already clearly shown that our cities are not the sacred mainstays that we thought they were.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.