if it has a sub i wont buy it. If it doesnt have a sub ill pick it up. Couldnt care less about class systems and w.e stuck up problems ppl say they have with the game. Ive played Morrowind tho never beat it and ive beat oblivion and skyrim. I love the elderscrolls games and have no problem with them turning it into an MMO. And because its an MMO they have to go with stuff that works and ppl are used to while adding a few new things and build on that. I dont care if it plays like WoW because i dont think it will, i dont care if combat looks stiff because WoW combat looks stiff, If it doesnt have a sub fee ill pick it up, if it does then ill wait for Elderscrolls VI.

Is anyone else just utterly confused by this game? Since it's Elder Scrolls I can't help but check in on it every now and then. It seems like they had no idea what direction to go in when they started building the game, someone wrote down "MMO + TES = $$$" and then said run with it. It looks like a giant clusterfuck of ideas and not a single person stopped and thought "wait, will this actually work?"

Hm Looks like GW 2 TES ... I like the idea saving village = village will be saved, not just reset a few hours later. May make for a more rewarding world completion. And I like how the pvp battle in the video looks, reminds me of WAR. Don't have high expectations (not for any MMORPG anymore) really, but oh well ... where is the preorder button.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Actually it is not created with the Hero Engine, so people should stop whining about that.
    They said that they used it in the beginning to get started, but that they will use their own, home-made engine to actually create the game.

I will be waiting tentatively to hear more about this game. Please be good.

Agh! They have missed a major opportunity to create a very unique MMO with first person swords and spells but instead we get the same generic MMO model we've had for years, I can't help but feel very underwhelmed by it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    from what i heard (omfgcata, who had first hand experience), the view is your choice

- first person view (skyrim type)
    - third person view with zoom out option (wow type)
    - third person off center (batman type)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    "Someone".

Anyway, they better dish out Elder Scroll VI too, don't they dare think they can slack because of a MMO.
    I also agree with this.

As much as I do belive the Elder Scrolls MMO will be great, one of the greatest strenghts of Elder Scrolls games was that you could mod them in so many ways. I doubt they'll let that go with an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Yes but not every game is an established RPG franchise who decided to make a WoW style MMO out of no where using the HeroEngine.

It just feels like complete deja vu when I also see the same video
    Not using Hero Engine anymore.
    Changed their methodology and such for combat now.
    They changed quite a bit since the announcement of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    "Someone".

Anyway, they better dish out Elder Scroll VI too, don't they dare think they can slack because of a MMO.
    Considering Bethesda isn't developing it, I highly doubt that it'll mess up development with the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Considering Bethesda isn't developing it, I highly doubt that it'll mess up development with the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games in any way.
    Maybe it also won't be as buggy.

heard ppl being surprised it was 1 server , eve has one server since ever ? and works so far pretty well apart bottlenecks like jita

I hope we have the ability to attack just about any NPC we want (adding the bounty system of course). The real appeal of TES series is the freedom of play. If the mmo puts restrictions on that it just won't feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

Deleted
    Where does this idea come from that because of an asian themed addon Blizzard is shifting the audience? Asian themes have been prevalent since ..always. Most MMOs go through different themes in their addons and wow is the same. we had a nordic expansion, now we have a asian expansion. expect a possible caribbean expansion somewhere down the line.

As to TESO:
    I see potential. The ideas in GW2s combat system are good but it still has flaws (for now). If they could upgrade this it could be great. But being also branded by SWTOR, I will be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I hope we have the ability to attack just about any NPC we want (adding the bounty system of course). The real appeal of TES series is the freedom of play. If the mmo puts restrictions on that it just won't feel like an Elder Scrolls game.
    I'd assume it depends on how if there are any quests. If anything it'd be awesome if the ones who have a bounty on their head, players are free to kill them for a reward.

Have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised of the recent changes made in this game. After the announcing video and the original plans they've obviously very much listened to criticque and acted based on that and on a rather decent pace aswell.

Maybe this will shape up to be a decent MMO afterall, if they can keep the actual gameplay player centric and engaging instead of filling the game with "AWESOME" setpieces like most games regardless of genre are doing.

The way they are grouping the races up is still absolutely adhorrent lore-rape though, can't get away from that.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-11-09 at 07:07 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It would be nice if there was a bounty system for players who break the law. Each city could have a guard who gives a quest with the players' names who broke the law in that city. You would need to check in to get a list of the new criminals. It should only show names of players who are online, if not , you'll never know which ones quit, made new character, etc. If someone logs off with a bounty on their head, they would still have the bounty when they log back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'd assume it depends on how if there are any quests. If anything it'd be awesome if the ones who have a bounty on their head, players are free to kill them for a reward.
    Apparently you feel the same way lol.

To tell the truth... this is the first MMO I wanna see how it'll go! I knew everything else was hype bubbles, but I sincerely hope this is worth it!

If TESO will have the freedom like other Elder Scrolls games, then it will be awesome.

Pretty sure i'll buy it when it's out.

Deleted
    You're locked into the zones of your faction (plus Cyrodill) so... somewhat less freedom there.