10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    That's what I figured for Karthus ya

Lux has an awesome combo ya, Binding / Ground Effect / Laser Beam is so awesome (same as Morg's Binding / Ground Effect / Soul Shackle) - but unlike Morg where I need to get in melee to make it work, I can land laser beams from off the map She's fun but good players dodge lasers pretty consistently unless you bind them first (but bots / noobs dont!) and her shield isn't as good as Morgs.

Ya Nidalee's AP build was what interested me in her, her skill shot with an AP build hits Crazy hard and I'm a skill shot sniper so I think I'd excel at those
    Morganas shield is only for spells, so there is that bonus to lux's

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I know this is kind of a hard order to fill, but any suggestions for champions that are fun/good but not exactly mainstream, if you know what i mean? i have 6660 IP atm so any price range would do ( though can't get runes if i get a 6300 ) Reason it would be harder to suggest champions is because i have 54, and no good way to show who i have.

Examples ( Gangplank ( not crit ) Kayle ( not support ) )
    Do you enjoy AP mid laners?

Xerath - I'm having an absolute blast playing him. Positioning is key, but you can drop bombs from waaaaaay back and absolutely light people up.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm debating a new buy to add to my little collection I have going now, but need some advice:

Nidalee - she seems pretty great, and I find Elise quite fun, plus my main is Morgana and they have similar skill shots to land I think.

Karthus - my mains all have ways to deal with Karthus' ultimate (Morg, Vlad, Sivir, Nocturne) - but it seems like he could be a Lot of fun versus bots or blind picks

Lux - she's a lot like Morgana but her binding hits multiple people and her beam attack is more fun than having to build tanky for soul shackle (and she's got much better attack range for poking), I still think I prefer morgana for competitive play - but lux is a lot of fun for bots/blind picks.
    Nid is quite fun and is indeed a bit like Elise since you constantly have to switch forms. Though Elise is (imo) more tanky with a bit of AP, while a solo top Nid is generally more AD and a bit less tanky. With her passive and cougar form she's damn hard to chase and she brings some nice burst while still having great pre-teamfight poke and sustain, though in teamfights the sustain is more or less used to give your ranged AD shitloads of attack speed. Really good pusher and easy farming too. There skillshots are different though. You could compare Elise her cocoon with a Morgana Q or Lux Q a bit, though it doesn't do any damage. Nidalee her spear is totally different. Nid can be played as solo top, AP midlane and support in normal basically.

Lux is damn fun too, she's fun in mid because her E does quite a lot of damage and has a huge range, double snare, ulti that scales great with AP and a good shield. With 40% CDR her ulti has like 28 sec CD at rank 3 or so, which is very .. very short. a Q + ulti followed up with autoattack and E does fuckloads of damage. She has no escapes though, but if you position well you can do very much with your Q and E. These days I play her as support though since I'm a bit bored of my kill supports and Janna. Most try to build her AP too botlane which is just beyond wrong imo. With good support items you easily hit 40% cdr too without blue. You won't do much damage, but your Q, E and shield have very low cooldowns. She's just godly in CC'ing multiple targets, zoning multiple targets or massive slow, and shielding multiple targets. That and your ulti is still relatively good in teamfights or to get that runner.

Imo 2 very fun champs who can both be played in totally different roles.

Irelia or Leona?

Answers on a postcard please.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    What role... Leona is bot support who is tanky, Irelia is top laner who is bruiser
    Irelia can enter a fight survive dmg and kill enemy ap carry
    Leona control a fight, however she is very bad farmer and she plays Main Tank, she will be focus of many fights' fire while having not that good gear, if you fall with Leona, you fall badly

Irelia get nerfed every patch because her passive is way OP that make them have very hard time to balance her
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Either position is fine but i have enough top laners, how is Leona support?

Ive been told i might get bitch duty a lot when i draft/ranked.

Deleted
    Leona is pretty damn awesome. She just has an incredible amount of CC, a bit of burst with W in lane and your passive and even more incredible CC. Thanks to her W she's even a full tank without building full tank. Imo next to Blitzcrank she's the best kill lane champ you can get. Why anyone would care about her farming is beyond me, or even people focussing her, because that is the entire point of Leona ...

I guess Leona it is then

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    What role... Leona is bot support who is tanky, Irelia is top laner who is bruiser
    Irelia can enter a fight survive dmg and kill enemy ap carry
    Leona control a fight, however she is very bad farmer and she plays Main Tank, she will be focus of many fights' fire while having not that good gear, if you fall with Leona, you fall badly

Irelia get nerfed every patch because her passive is way OP that make them have very hard time to balance her
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

- You do not farm with her.
    - You buy GP/10
    - She can be knocked off hard late game if she didn't properly gear.
    - Her burst is insane between lvl 6 and 14.
    - Her utility and CC remains scary even after lvl 14.
    - Leona can get away wiith making kills, because (she's just that awesome and) her W might end a fight in her benefit.
    - If you do properly gear her, she's a hard nut to crack, has very low CD's on all abilities, allowing her to infinitely chase foes that are slightly faster.
    - Her R becomes essential during the groupphase to survive and pick of single targets, while her Q + R combination is the way for your carry to get early kills in lane.
    - Her pressure on a lane is insane, if paired with a good carry.
    - 2 stuns, 1 slow, 1 debuff that adds damage to teammates attacks and reveals the opponent for x seconds (handy when fighting close to bush).

Leona is fantastic. If you miss her cross skillshots with E, keep trying until you never miss. It's worth it.

P.S. My creep kills range between 40 to a 100 in a single game, due to the fact that I occasionally function as a cleanupcrew vs minions. At lvl 18, your W CD will be very low and will oneshot any minions in range.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-11-07 at 09:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Either position is fine but i have enough top laners, how is Leona support?

Ive been told i might get bitch duty a lot when i draft/ranked.
    "Bitch duty" is my favorite role.

Leona is a super fun, hyper-aggressive support. Absolutely one of my favorites, especially when playing w/ my AD carry friend (his Corki and Tristana are bawwwss).

It is extremely important to maintain brush control (like with Blitzcrank)...this means buying lots of wards and communicating with your carry.

Standard support build:
    Philo
    Boots
    HoG
    Aegis
    Shurelyas
    Locket
    ...and about 30 wards.

Get 1 rank of Q, 1 rank of E, and max W first. At level 3 you can get froggy with all 3 abilities, but your trades just get better and better as that W ranks up.

I try to open with my ultimate (short CD, use often with good preparation with your carry) from the brush right as they go to last hit (won't be moving).

In team fights you're basically peeling for your AD carry...pretty simple.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-11-07 at 04:39 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Can anybody recommend a good mid AP caster, I've been playing Brand lately. My main AP mid is Karthus, Orianna and Cassio. (Morgana is awesome as well)

(Malza seems interesting to me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Can anybody recommend a good mid AP caster, I've been playing Brand lately. My main AP mid is Karthus, Orianna and Cassio. (Morgana is awesome as well)

(Malza seems interesting to me)
    Ahri is awesome, wonderful mobility and tons of burst. Once you get a bit ahead and start roaming you can carry the other lanes easily. Malz is fun to play as well, but much less mobile and reliant on his combo. Zyra is still strong as well, even after the nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahri. Cho'gath.

Deleted
    Ahri,
    Great roaming potential which could lead to you carrying the other lanes.

I'm trying to add more variety to my AP roster. Right now I'm torn between Diana and Elise.

Mind you that I'm heavily considering how useful they could be on Dominion and Twisted Treeline. Which isn't to say they wouldn't see any play on Summoner's Rift -- just that it isn't my primary concern here.

Diana seems durable enough to be successful in small scraps like that. Elise I'm less sure about. My attraction to her mostly stems from the fact that I dig spiders and that she looks fun. I'm not worried about being super competitive with either pick, I just want to enjoy myself and play with friends.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Elise is more fun
    Diana is stronger

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so i have it down to 2 mid lane champs that I want and I am wondering which should I get first.

Fizz or Kennen?

My friend is starting to lean towards the top lane. What champions are great top lane?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    My friend is starting to lean towards the top lane. What champions are great top lane?
    Jax, wukong, irelia to name a few, i love renekton as top

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Renekton, wukong, jax, irelia, darius, garen, Vladimir (more of a anti top since he can just bully most tops out of lane) and Rumble (he's incredibly strong and really underplayed), Akali. These are all the tops I play and I find them to all be incredibly strong in their own ways.

As a starter to top? probably Garen. Post re-make you can't go wrong with him, he is incredibly tanky, damage scales much better in to late game as well as having a very VERY strong early game and his ulti is pretty much a garenteed kill if you catch people at low health. Also decent at escaping / chasing thanks to his Q
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-11-10 at 05:53 PM.