Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar - How i see it Playing out.

In my mind i see the SOO playing out like :

2 slightly different raids depending on which faction you are.

Horde :

You start off in the echo isles, with all the horde leaders detailing the attack plans, after a short run you plus Vol’jin encounter a huge 3 way battle between Garrosh's loyalist forces, the Alliance and the Exile horde member/races in Razor Hill. Razor hill at this point has become a huge military base with zeppelin docks and a port. The alliance has landed ships on the coast and the loyalists are having a huge naval battle. After a set amount of mobs has been cleared the first Boss appears in Razor hill.

Short Rp scene with vol’jin and the raid clears some more mobs and then steals a Zeppelin to avoid the massive army garrosh has marching to Razor Hill. Flying low so the raid can see/avoid the massive battle below, you get attacked by an alliance airship and a loyalist zeppelin (one on the left one on the right), both ships have mini bosses that need to go down before garrosh and a squad of kor'kron elites attacks the zeppelin. this will be a race to kill the captains of both the airship and the zeppelin while a part of the raid attempts to hold garrosh off (fight plays like Morchok,) half the raid takes garrosh, killing the kor'kron before they overwhelm the tank and the other kills the captains then hits a button to set that ship to self destruct.

Zeppelin crashes into Org front Gate, The raid reforms and finds garrosh body missing. Org is now flooded with Dark shamans summoning powerful elementals. The raid attempts to kill them before the ritual completes but fails. The next raid boss is corrupted elemental lord created by the shamans using parts of rag and al'akir.

----------------------------------------------

The Alliance starts in Ashenvale fighting Gorrosh’s loyalists on the border of Azshara, a Massive night elf army reinforced with tanks and airships attempt to push past the blockade. The first boss appears on the bridge connecting to 2 zones after a set amount of mobs has been cleared. This boss has the same abilities/HP/Tactics as the Horde side first boss

After the fight the loyalists sets off a bomb blowing up the bridge, separating most of the alliance army from the raid. The raid lead by glen graymane rides south taking out small groups of guards on the way to the back gate. The mining pits has been converted into a tank depot, The raid steal a open top convey and get in the crossfire of an Horde rebel tank and a loyalist warmachine (one on the left one on the right), both vehicles have mini bosses that need to go down before garrosh and a squad of kor'kron elites attacks the convoy.
    This will be a race to kill the captains of both the tank and the warmachine while a part of the raid attempts to hold garrosh off (fight plays like Morchok,) half the raid takes garrosh, killing the kor'kron before they overwhelm the tank and the other kills the captains then hits a button to set that vehicle to self destruct.

The Tanks crashes into Org’s Back Gate, The raid reforms and finds garrosh body missing. Org is now flooded with Dark shamans summoning powerful elementals. The raid attempts to kill them before the ritual completes but fails. The next raid boss is corrupted elemental lord created by the shamans using parts of rag and al'akir.

--------------At this point the horde/alliance raid follows the same path----------

After killing the boss the raid can go 1 of 3 ways, All three must be cleared in order to unlock the last wing (Like ICC).

Path 1 : Into the Drag, players disarmed Bombs garrosh has planted in the city just incase the alliance / horde gets into his domain. The Boss is a group of mercenaries called "DarkWaters INC".

Path 2 : Onto the Cliffs, Player take the lifts up to the cliff face in order to take out the AA guns, Mages, Shamans and wyvern raining death on the NPC's below. The boss here is a wyvern broodmother mutated by Garrosh’s experiments..

Path 3 : Goblin Slums, Garrosh plans to flood the city in an attempt to kill the invaders using his shamans. Last Boss is a Former Twilight hammer ascendance shaman, The Tidebreaker.

Players then head to the Cleft of Shadow, here is little trash. The next boss, 2 Dire Orcs are connected by a beam (if one dies before the other, the other enrages and gains new abilities). The bosses damage changes depending on the distance between the 2. Some abilities do more/less damage, others gain an extra effect.

Into The Caverns:
    Trash :Waves of Flame Hounds and Shamans until you reach the center of RFC. You hear Garrosh Screaming at something. A dark shaman enters and summons garrosh’s ultimate Weapon. Using what he saw in northrend, the events of the Cataclysm, and the power the dark shamans, Garrosh has reanimated a Dead Sha and empowered it. Now he turns it loose on you.

With the Abomination Dead, The raid heads off to take garrosh on.

Garrosh, with the bell is giving a speech to the Black prince about power and control. Players then engage him in a epic 5 phase fight. Garrosh slowly lets the final sha take control in an attempt to win the fight.

With the leaders of both factions present, The High king demands that thrall disband the horde or Org will be razed. The black prince freezes the leaders in place stating that he needs both factions ready and able to take on the next opponents.
    “One of you will fall, but not this day. I still need you”.
    He then teleports all alliance members to stormwind.
    ------
    I understand that with different bosses, the race to worlds first will become an issue (some will say the bosses on one side is easier that thiers) however i feel this will fit theme of the expansion.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I hate to break it to you but, That caters too much to the Alliance. I think there will be
    two version (1 with horde leaders, 1 with alliance (not With the High king) My guess
    is the Horde will have the "New Warcheif" help kill Garrosh, and the alliance will have
    your High Prince help kill him, As much as people want all the faction leaders to be apart of
    killing garrosh I don't see it happening (I do think that they will play a part in the battle field)
    I see "New Warcheif" and the Prince, with the Prince leaving with the bell at the end on
    his own free will, and the new Warcheif respecting him as he is not making the same
    racist mistake his Japanese hair father did, by talking down to the horde, which will
    lead to both factions joining in the future expansion to fight the Burning Leigon. I don't
    think your high king is caple of liking the horde and may be killed ina book like a certain
    mage did, so when his son becomes the King there will be a union, like the scene at that
    wrathgates.

There are several problems that I have with this. First, I think by the time this raid rolls around the horde and alliance will be working together. So no matter what faction you are you will fight asside both. I do like how the raid takes place other than just org though. Also, you left malkorok and (more than likely) gallywix out. But overall it seeems pretty neat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I hate to break it to you but, That caters too much to the Alliance. I think there will be
    two version (1 with horde leaders, 1 with alliance (not With the High king) My guess
    is the Horde will have the "New Warcheif" help kill Garrosh, and the alliance will have
    your High Prince help kill him, As much as people want all the faction leaders to be apart of
    killing garrosh I don't see it happening (I do think that they will play a part in the battle field)
    I see "New Warcheif" and the Prince, with the Prince leaving with the bell at the end on
    his own free will, and the new Warcheif respecting him as he is not making the same
    racist mistake his Japanese hair father did, by talking down to the horde, which will
    lead to both factions joining in the future expansion to fight the Burning Leigon. I don't
    think your high king is caple of liking the horde and may be killed ina book like a certain
    mage did, so when his son becomes the King there will be a union, like the scene at that
    wrathgates.

How So?

Both factions have massive armys fighting garrosh's horde. Both only manage to get a small elite group (the raid) into Org. No faction leader kill steals garrosh (the black prince only observes). The faction leaders only step in during the RP event after the kill.

BTW i play horde.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    There are several problems that I have with this. First, I think by the time this raid rolls around the horde and alliance will be working together. So no matter what faction you are you will fight asside both. I do like how the raid takes place other than just org though. Also, you left malkorok and (more than likely) gallywix out. But overall it seeems pretty neat
    Thank you, i forgot about him. I could add him to the second encounter, but he dies in the crash

wrathgates.
    You really think they're going to get rid of Varian after progressing his character this much? While things always change in development, comments about the Siege of Org indicate Varian will be there ensuring that the Alliance is there to get rid of a tyrant and not to harm the people of Orgrimmar. As for Anduin's 'racist japanese hair father' have you even been paying attention to Varian's character development?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the siege of orgrimmar will be a massive bust.

First you will have raving alliance fanboys whining because they felt the raid wasn't aimmed 100% at them because in there minds its meant to because horde is evil and they are the good guys and so having any detail given to the horde side of things doesn't make sense to them

Then you will have the garrosh hellscream fan club whining because of whatever character gives the final blow to Garrosh and its not fair and blizzard didn't do his justice and they hate wow now and want to quit.

The result will make the raid into a fragmented, nonsensical pissing contest between sides, with an overbearing dissatisfaction from the playerbase, that countless other drones who just copy what other people are saying will follow with this trend, and thus there is only a tiny handful of people who thought anything of it.

The warcraft community sucks bad sometimes.
    #boycottchina

Looks pretty cool to me! Especially the ending scene where the Black prince would state he still needs both factions = )
    Though what I'd like to see is that Alliance and Horde worked together from the beginning for example Baine Bloodhoof helping the Alliance in the siege with his knowledge of Orgrimmar and gnomes+goblins working together for even more brilliant devices

I'm not talking about the black Prince, I'm talking about Prince Varian, and It never cross my mind they
    will be killing King Varian, till now after you said that but yes, now that I think about it , they could
    kill King Varian off (you can debate the same thing about Garrosh, did you think they were going to off Garrosh off
    before MoP? when they put so much story telling into him?)

The whole King Varian telling Thrall to surrender is not reasonable because they are ment to figth along side
    against the Burnign legion, King Varian telling thrall that will only cause Horde players to demand Thrall to stick
    up for the horde or give us a leader that will.

Having none of those faction leaders but the "new Warcheif" and Prince Varian fight along side against Garrosh is
    a sign that Prince Varian will be a great leader when they decide to Axe his father, and that he trust the "new
    warcheif". Haing the "new Warcheif" show up at the end is a sign that he understand Garrosh was wrong and that he
    is willing to work with the alliance.

Your theory of having Thrall fight with King Varian and then having King Varian say "Surrender" is dumb, I dont
    know where your from but, when you ally with someone to take a comman enemy out, you don't tell your ally to
    surrender afterwards. I would rather see Prince Varian and Thrall, and then at the end show respect to each other
    than to see Thrall and King Varian then have king Varian crap all over Thrall.

Since you say you play horde, you should be playing alliance because thats who you favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    First you will have raving alliance fanboys whining because they felt the raid wasn't aimmed 100% at them because in there minds its meant to because horde is evil and they are the good guys and so having any detail given to the horde side of things doesn't make sense to them.
    To be fair, Blizz is doing a lot to reinforce that idea this expac. Its almost comical how hard they're pushing the Horde as the unilateral bad guys.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:09 PM ----------

I'm not talking about the black Prince, I'm talking about Prince Varian, and It never cross my mind they
    will be killing King Varian, till now after you said that but yes, now that I think about it , they could
    kill King Varian off (you can debate the same thing about Garrosh, did you think they were going to off Garrosh off

The whole King Varian telling Thrall to surrender is not reasonable because they are ment to figth along side
    against the Burnign legion, King Varian telling thrall that will only cause Horde players to demand Thrall to stick

Having none of those faction leaders but the "new Warcheif" and Prince Varian fight along side against Garrosh is
    a sign that Prince Varian will be a great leader when they decide to Axe his father, and that he trust the "new
    warcheif". Haing the "new Warcheif" show up at the end is a sign that he understand Garrosh was wrong and that he

Your theory of having Thrall fight with King Varian and then having King Varian say "Surrender" is dumb, I dont
    know where your from but, when you ally with someone to take a comman enemy out, you don't tell your ally to
    surrender afterwards. I would rather see Prince Varian and Thrall, and then at the end show respect to each other

Since you say you play horde, you should be playing alliance because thats who you favor.
    You mean Prince Wrynn. Varian is the King's first name, Wrynn being the family/dynastic name. His son is named Anduin.
    Last edited by Schaden; 2012-11-09 at 06:10 PM.

Yea, Just at work and typing doing it over my phone.

Deleted
    Nice ideas but the ending is almost identical to battle for under city, frozen in place then ported back
    And threat of flood is too much like tides of war.
    Some real nice ideas tho apart from the missing goblin prince and the annoying Orc

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon Tyrande will show up and deliver a bit of vengeance for her people via slaughter.

sorry but at the press release metzen said in an interview that varian would be leading both groups into battle, a group of horde rebels and elite alliance soldiers of course this could change between now and the next two years but until we get more info we should stick with this.

i could see it starting out maybe on echo isles or thunderbluff with thrall baine and vol'jin summoning varian and some elite soldiers along with us, we fight through to the gates where we see our first boss or maybe the first boss IS the gate kinda like ulduar where will all be in steamtanks and stuff, after breaking down the gate we move through the city.

one boss could be gallywix with a brand new fat model in a giant tinker armor could you imagine a fat goblin in a top hat in robot armor?

one boss could be an eredar or maybe like a badass nathrezim in a room filled with undead orcs that would be awesome and you know foreshadowin

atleast one boss has to be some random kor'kron nobody.

one boss could be a chaos orc surronded by a bunch of dark shamans.

garrosh after failing to control the sha is all pumped up on demon blood.

would be awesome @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

Varian father was killed by an orc, His best friend gassed, and almost lost his son (5.1). There is no way he would want to ally with the "monsters" that has caused him nothing but grief. As high king, he will be leading the attack against not only his enemy but against thier captial and Leader. Prince wrynn really as no place on the battle field, look at what happens in 5.1, Varian would not let him get near Org.

This is his chance to elimate his enemys once and for all, he will take it.

Thrall is now carrying alot of emotion baggage. He put garrosh in charge and look what happens, He left the horde after kill stealing Deathwing and look what happens. The orc he put in charge has wounded his long time friend, Killed the high chiefian, and is tearing apart the horde he created. This is his mess to clean up not the alliance, he should not want their help. This a personal issue. He will lead the attach against garrosh.

This is not a the lich king, or Deathwing. Garrosh is not threating the world, The horde has no reason to team up with anyone to kill garrosh. This is a simple problem of the removing a small growth before it becomes a cancer.

With that said, How would you like it if your sworn enemy shows up at your house demanding that you hand it over? How about after you are forced to kill your Dog? Are you going to talk it out? No your going to kick his ass. Thrall would drop the caverns on varian's head before talking about peace at that moment.

No need to troll Brah.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Varian father was killed by an orc, His best friend gassed, and almost lost his son (5.1). There is no way he would want to ally with the "monsters" that has caused him nothing but grief.
    thats not true. varian is level headed hes no longer blinded by rage like he was when he was lo'gosh.

varian has shown many times that he is willing to have peace meetings with the horde in fact in tides of war when jaina wanted to fly to orgrimmar and destroy it he told her she was acting crazy and that mindless killing would be bad.

varian wouldnt kill the horde in cold blood anymore hes above that and if say someone like vol'jin helps revive his son that would only further his resolve that the horde isnt all evil.

im willing to bet that a horde member like vol'jin or baine or sunwalker desco will have a hand in reviving or atleast healing anduin since anduin is friends with all 3 of them.

varian is the king the alliance needs hes willing to strategically command his military in times of war but hes nolonger a hotheaded war mongerer and when peace comes both the horde and alliance will take the opportunity because theyve both sustained heavy losses and want the war to end
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    To be fair, Blizz is doing a lot to reinforce that idea this expac. Its almost comical how hard they're pushing the Horde as the unilateral bad guys.[COLOR="red"]

I agree with you there. It seems the only way they can convince the alliance of feeling like heroes is to demonize the horde and ruin a decade of story development.
    And all that will happen is the horde regaining its focus and not being the bad guys anymore and the alliance once more whining about the horde getting attention, and so the whole cycle starts over.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not true. varian is level headed hes no longer blinded by rage like he was when he was lo'gosh.

varian has shown many times that he is willing to have peace meetings with the horde in fact in tides of war when jaina wanted to fly to orgrimmar and destroy it he told her she was acting crazy and that mindless killing would be bad.

varian wouldnt kill the horde in cold blood anymore hes above that and if say someone like vol'jin helps revive his son that would only further his resolve that the horde isnt all evil.

im willing to bet that a horde member like vol'jin or baine or sunwalker desco will have a hand in reviving or atleast healing anduin since anduin is friends with all 3 of them.

varian is the king the alliance needs hes willing to strategically command his military in times of war but hes nolonger a hotheaded war mongerer and when peace comes both the horde and alliance will take the opportunity because theyve both sustained heavy losses and want the war to end
    All true and he is changing to a more level headed leader, but this is before finding out his son was almost beat to death by the Warchief of the horde. I see him unleashing Lo'gosh against garrosh but demanding the rest of the horde dismantle. The war between the 2 has cause nothing but pain and suffering on both sides and he could see this as a chance at peace, because if there isnt a horde, there is no one to from the alliance to fight, for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    All true and he is changing to a more level headed leader, but this is before finding out his son was almost beat to death by the Warchief of the horde. I see him unleashing Lo'gosh against garrosh but demanding the rest of the horde dismantle. The war between the 2 has cause nothing but pain and suffering on both sides and he could see this as a chance at peace, because if there isnt a horde, there is no one to from the alliance to fight, for the moment.
    the voice work from varian after hes calmed down about anduin dont seem to have him going all lo'gosh on anyone but garrosh he even uses the term "garroshes horde" instead of "the horde" which means even he recognizes that the horde of garrosh isnt the same as the horde as a whole.

and like i said if someone from the horde helps heal or revive anduin then that would only reinforce him not thinking all of the horde is evil.

i see wrathion and one of anduins friends healing or reviving anduin with the waters of the vale either in 5.2 since the two princes achievement supports anduin either not dying or being revived.

someone like vol'jin or baine saving anduin would cement a horde and alliance co cooperation in the future

***SPOILERS****

Garrosh now has the divine bell

he will use it on his troops to turn them into superpowered killing machines (yes blizz is going all demon blood analogy again)

When its time to take garrosh down he will be at his pinnacle of his power he will not be like adolph hitler cowering in his bunker ordering around fictitious armies muttering to himself while his whole empire crashes to the ground

I do honesly believe the title 'siege of orgrimmar' is misleading tbh and this will be a covert commando raid to kill garrosh and destroy the bell once the bell is gone the orcs will recover from there sha infused nightmare and it is a nightmare for them (trust me on that) and they will turn back to thrall who is gonna lead the attack with his horde and alliance allies

Even though it would be cool to see horde and alliance troops together battering down the gates of org with siege equipment and stuff blizz is far too lazy to give us that so just expect a side portal we go in kill some sha infused grunts a few named and no named bosses kill garrosh get fat lootz the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    ***SPOILERS****

Garrosh now has the divine bell

he will use it on his troops to turn them into superpowered killing machines (yes blizz is going all demon blood analogy again)

When its time to take garrosh down he will be at his pinnacle of his power he will not be like adolph hitler cowering in his bunker ordering around fictitious armies muttering to himself while his whole empire crashes to the ground

I do honesly believe the title 'siege of orgrimmar' is misleading tbh and this will be a covert commando raid to kill garrosh and destroy the bell once the bell is gone the orcs will recover from there sha infused nightmare and it is a nightmare for them (trust me on that) and they will turn back to thrall who is gonna lead the attack with his horde and alliance allies

Even though it would be cool to see horde and alliance troops together battering down the gates of org with siege equipment and stuff blizz is far too lazy to give us that so just expect a side portal we go in kill some sha infused grunts a few named and no named bosses kill garrosh get fat lootz the end!
    It looks like Anduin ruined his plans by destroying the bell with the mallet. As for the siege, I believe that is exactly how I believe it will go down. Garrosh will probably recieve massive casualties on his end and the other races will abandon him. Varian and Thrall have been to known to negotiate as well and Thrall will have a portion of his people defect to his side.