(Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I remember the last one they did of these, it was on the mmochamp front page

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I totally forgot about the MMOReport after they took what was only to be a month hiatus that seemed to turn into month/s

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Man I totally forgot about the MMOReport after they took what was only to be a month hiatus that seemed to turn into month/s
    I think swtor killed something inside of him.

He was SUCH a fanboi until about a month after launch. At which point he turned on the game and the show kind of tapered out.

It's either that or "exhaustion" from trying to process excessive amounts of alcohol.

Also, wasn't he drafted to write for attack of the show? and wasn't that JUST cancelled?

G4 is not having a good time it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think swtor killed something inside of him.

He was SUCH a fanboi until about a month after launch. At which point he turned on the game and the show kind of tapered out.

It's either that or "exhaustion" from trying to process excessive amounts of alcohol.

Also, wasn't he drafted to write for attack of the show? and wasn't that JUST cancelled?

G4 is not having a good time it seems.
    The lead writer left. So they were taking a month break to bring in the new writer and transition. Apparently it took longer than expected I guess. Either way, I think Casey is probably my favorite "gamer news icon". Plus... we both sport wicked beards

It is stuck on loading content for some reason.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha, that intro was classic. Sadly, we weren't really shown anything we've already seen.......... ten.... million.... times....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    haha, that intro was classic. Sadly, we weren't really shown anything we've already seen.......... ten.... million.... times....
    I thought it was a nice compilation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a nice compilation.
    Perhaps, but for those of us that have seen every stream and trailer and such, like this, it's a literal copy of all of them. >_<
    "A flower.

Character template in the top left corner. Action bars at the bottom with more along the right side of the screen. Chat box in the bottom left corner. Map in the top right corner. Gee where did they get the ideas for all that stuff?

And here I thought WoW copied off of Everquest. This game seems like a blatant rip off of WoW. I haven't played it so I can't bash it too badly, but holy shit the similarities between Rift and WoW seem near endless.

The graphics look a little ways better than WoW, although probably not enough to lure too many WoW subscribers over. Part of me is surprised Blizzard didn't try to sue their ass for copying a LOT of their ideas. Despite leaching off of Blizzard's ideas, the game actually looks pretty damn cool. I've never seen a game play video of it before and I have to admit I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I haven't played it so I can't bash it too badly
    Lol, coulda fooled me.

These 'similarities' are MMO or RPG 'conventions' established before WoW came along and introduced them to the masses. There are a great deal of similarities because they are both MMORPGs.

But there are also a great many differences...

10+ Year Old Account
    Character template in the top left corner. Action bars at the bottom with more along the right side of the screen. Chat box in the bottom left corner. Map in the top right corner. Gee where did they get the ideas for all that stuff?

And here I thought WoW copied off of Everquest. This game seems like a blatant rip off of WoW. I haven't played it so I can't bash it too badly, but holy shit the similarities between Rift and WoW seem near endless.

The graphics look a little ways better than WoW, although probably not enough to lure too many WoW subscribers over. Part of me is surprised Blizzard didn't try to sue their ass for copying a LOT of their ideas. Despite leaching off of Blizzard's ideas, the game actually looks pretty damn cool. I've never seen a game play video of it before and I have to admit I was impressed.
    At first glance, I originally despised Rift. "Omg, it looks like WoW. Omg, the 'we're not in Azeroth anymore' advertisements. etc etc"

Suffice to say though, Rift IS it's own game, a lot of non-Rifters can't admit it, but it's not because they don't want to, I don't think - rather, they have not experienced it. They haven't experienced chronicles. Master mode dungeons. Planar Attunement. Mercenary PVP. Rifts. Instant adventure. Zone invasions. Carnage. Onslaught. True personalized class talent trees.

Do you need me to list more things that are unique to Rift?
    "A flower.

Its almost like they are both mmos.

Its almost like they are both mmos.
    Bwhwhahaha. I choked on my coffee while laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    They are cancelling X-Play and Attack of the Show, and the MMO Report comes along with that. The rumor is that they want to reformat the station into something akin to the magazine GQ. I predict that a new channel will rise from the ashes to support their (once) loyal viewerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    They are cancelling X-Play and Attack of the Show, and the MMO Report comes along with that. The rumor is that they want to reformat the station into something akin to the magazine GQ. I predict that a new channel will rise from the ashes to support their (once) loyal viewerbase.
    Yep. They've said they're not going to be a video gaming channel anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 10:27 PM ----------

Rift has better UI customization by allowing you to move all of those pieces you mentioned to wherever you want.

Despite leaching off of Blizzard's ideas
    Yes. And Blizzard has never ripped anything off from anybody. Except pet battles. And AOE looting. And gear treadmills. And scenarios. And PvP battle types. Need I continue?

I played Rift shortly after it came out for a couple of months.

The real big rip-off from WoW is the Gloomwood zone. This SCREAMS Duskwood right down to the Werewolves and Gilneas.

The only real feature I loved were the "world bosses" Rifts that would spawn. This you didn't need to actively find a raid/party to join in to help take down the mobs and get loot. You can just run in and you are automatically added to any groups in the area. Everyone gets equal chance at loot and it's mostly balanced on gear drops (within 3 levels of you toon - least that's how it was last year when I played it.).

I was only like a lvl 10 character running around with groups of people in their 20's-30's killing mobs 10+ lvls higher than myself (I had a hunter type character so I was far enough to not get threat much but still get credit on kills). I did die quite a few times doing this, but I didn't care. I was new to the game, learning it, and having fun.

needless to say, the graphics and pc requirements didn't let me play to long cause I was on the low end of everthing and it was causing problems.